physical copies of the game in unique cases?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

physical copies of the game in unique cases?

Postby ShenmueHeart » Sun May 20, 2018 6:34 pm

Does the 60$ reward on the kickstarter page still include unique cases for the physical copies of the game? It shows a picture with a cool blue cover case but it says nothing about including it anymore? I absolutely love shenmue but are they misleading people? I think this would make a lot of people upset..
ShenmueHeart
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 2

Re: physical copies of the game in unique cases?

Postby Centrale » Sun May 20, 2018 6:51 pm

I believe that was just a placeholder image. I don't remember it saying anything about a case that is different in any way from the retail version.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Niowiad » Sun May 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Yes, pretty much every single image in the kickstarter page was a placeholder for mere illustration purposes.
But the case should be specific for who backed the project.

"A physical copy of Shenmue 3 in an exclusive, backer-only case"

With that said, I don't expect anything extravagant :lol:
Niowiad
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenmueHeart » Sun May 20, 2018 8:30 pm

I don't think they should show a cover unless their going to provide one. It's misleading :lol: ... If you give them 60-100$ i think you deserve a peace of cardboard for your game lol.
ShenmueHeart
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Spaghetti » Sun May 20, 2018 9:51 pm

Not quite sure I get your beef here buddy. They obviously weren't going to be able to show a final cover design during the Kickstarter.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenmueHeart » Sun May 20, 2018 10:19 pm

Have you guy's been paying attention at all lol? The physical copy of Shenmue 3 in an exclusive, backer-only case (PS4) was on the original kickstarter page. Look https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3
ShenmueHeart
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Spaghetti » Sun May 20, 2018 10:26 pm

Are you talking about the Slacker Backer site not having the same text about the backer-exclusive case as on Kickstarter? Is that the problem here?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenmueHeart » Mon May 21, 2018 12:50 am

Yes it is! Its misleading. They should post a picture without the exclusive case.... if you buy the game off the slacker you have to wait a week to get it in the mail and you get nothing out of it. If you buy it at a store you play it day one. I wonder what people will do lol?
ShenmueHeart
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 21, 2018 8:32 am

ShenmueHeart wrote: Yes it is! Its misleading. They should post a picture without the exclusive case.... if you buy the game off the slacker you have to wait a week to get it in the mail and you get nothing out of it. If you buy it at a store you play it day one. I wonder what people will do lol?

In fairness, you should always read the product description before you buy.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jibby » Mon May 21, 2018 10:00 am

Hi ShenmueHeart, sorry to derail your thread but I noticed that you're an alt account of RunningBear. We've had issues with alt accounts in the past and as you seem to be active on both accounts, I'd like you to pick which of the two you want to continue using (the other one will be closed down).

Once this is resolved then feel free to get back to discussing the matter in the OP.

Jibby has received a thanks from: darksniper
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Belgiumfan » Tue May 22, 2018 7:45 am

I'm pretty sure it's been talked about somewhere else, and I thought it was in one of Yu's interview, or in the official talk when they discussed about what was exclusive to kickstarter and what was not...

I believed that the idea was to send the game in another carton box to Paypal backers, since the word "exclusive" is used in the kickstarter details. But not that they wouldn't offer any carton sleeve at all to Paypal backers.

I sent a question about it to Awesome japan around 10 days ago, because I am considering to buy a third copy if the Paypal carton sleeve is not the same as the kickstarter one, minus the words "kickstarter" and "exclusive" on it. I will update you when (or if) I get an answer.

And BTW, I also asked them if they wouldn't change the delivery date to 2018 (2019 since...) because THAT is misleading people hearing about the series and seeing December 2017 as delivery date for incentives...
Belgiumfan
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Return to Shenmue III