Kickstarter Update #83 - Survey Info #0

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #83 - Survey Info #0

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:14 pm

For those who still couldn't see all the add-ons Peter posted, here's another pic:

sand4fish has received 4 thanks from: Hazuki00, Let's Get Sweaty, SledgeNE, Spaghetti
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby WildManofBorneo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:39 pm

The suffused, soft lighting in the new photo is spot on. It brings back memories of those early mornings in Guangxi.
WildManofBorneo
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Ahh_Good » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Yes!! I can finally upgrade!

Curious about the add-ons, if I choose the Printed Art Book ($175), do I get all of the stuff between that tier and my original $60 pledge as well? Like the phone card and capsule toys? It doesn't explicitly say anywhere on the above screenshot of add-ons. I would assume you would, right?
Ahh_Good
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Jake1080p
XBL: Jake360
Nintendo FC: Drakub
Steam: jakeandrew

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Ahh_Good wrote: Yes!! I can finally upgrade!

Curious about the add-ons, if I choose the Printed Art Book ($175), do I get all of the stuff between that tier and my original $60 pledge as well? Like the phone card and capsule toys? It doesn't explicitly say anywhere on the above screenshot of add-ons. I would assume you would, right?

Yes, you do get those too if that specific tier reward applies to you. It's written in the last sentence of each add-on what rewards you are entitled to in addition.

EDIT: ie. My current pledge already includes all those add-on rewards, but if I decided to add another KICKSTARTER COLLECTOR'S EDITION, then I would get also the $175 reward which is the PRINTED ART BOOK tier and so on (basically everything below your chosen tier, a duplicate of all the available rewards in my case and not an upgrade).

sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:45 pm

sand4fish wrote: For those who still couldn't see all the add-ons Peter posted, here's another pic:

I'm slightly confused. I backed $100 on the slacker backer. Do I have to change anything?
BlueCreeperBoy12

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:18 pm

When you click on the email link, you will be presented with a checkout, your reward cost, but below that, is how much you have prepaid, which is obviously all of the total.

Underneath the item description is an "upgrade" button which you click and I assume you will be offered various higher rewards to upgrade to. I clicked it and there are no add ons available, but that's because I already have them all included in my package.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:53 pm

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:I'm slightly confused. I backed $100 on the slacker backer. Do I have to change anything?

You don't have to if you just want to keep your current tier as it is (already paid for). If that is the case all you need to do is to confirm shipping address, choice of gaming platform, shirt size and whatever name you want to see displayed in the Shenmue website and game credits when the survey comes you way (if it hasn't already).

Edit: Otherwise choosing any other higher tier upgrade will replace your current one, and prompt you to pay for the difference in price in the checkout page like Peter mentioned.

Also remember this is a soft open survey, and people were just randomly selected for it so don't worry about it if you haven't received the survey e-mail by Fangamer yet. I haven't received my other one which I pledged on a different account.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kyo_JP » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:38 pm

So, then I can add for example 2 more physical copies if I wanted?
Kyo_JP
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:44 pm

Kyo_JP wrote: So, then I can add for example 2 more physical copies if I wanted?

Yep, as many as you want afaik. It allowed me to do so during the checkout page.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr.Jigen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Does $100 still get your name in the credits?
Mr.Jigen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Onettown
Nintendo FC: Joeython
Steam: ThatOneGuyWhoPlaysGa
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Mr.Jigen wrote: Does $100 still get your name in the credits?

Yes, the $100 tier is the minimum pledge amount to get your name in the game credits.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jibby » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:49 pm

This is really exciting to hear. Grabbing that printed art book for sure!
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby yuc02 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Spaghetti wrote: From the 500K FB group (the poster is yu02 on here, I think?):

Still preliminary specs, but I expect the large file size is down to a lot of audio + high res textures.

Yep that's me.

One other thing to point out is that once you've done the survey, you can still change your answers or upgrade later. Oh and if you're uploading pics, do the survey on a PC/Mac browser as phones might not work, and you'll get an error page.
yuc02

PSN: yuc2002

Postby Sappharad » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:08 pm

Are the "upgrades" just the physical add-ons that we have pictures of, or do we know if they let KS backers upgrade to higher KS tiers that weren't limited? I'm already in the tier I wanted to be in at the end of the KS because I wasn't really interested in any of the higher ones, but I'm willing to throw more money at them.

I actually pledged partway between two tiers, so I should already have change in my account for Add-ons. I'd probably be a good test for their system to make sure it handles that scenario correctly.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:34 pm

Sappharad wrote: Are the "upgrades" just the physical add-ons that we have pictures of, or do we know if they let KS backers upgrade to higher KS tiers that weren't limited? I'm already in the tier I wanted to be in at the end of the KS because I wasn't really interested in any of the higher ones, but I'm willing to throw more money at them.

I was in the bust tier and it didn't let me upgrade (for example there were the photo stuff that I didn't get in that tier and I can't choose), but I don't know if it's particular to that tier.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III