Kickstarter Update #83 - Survey Info #0

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #83 - Survey Info #0

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:20 am

Sappharad wrote: Are the "upgrades" just the physical add-ons that we have pictures of, or do we know if they let KS backers upgrade to higher KS tiers that weren't limited? I'm already in the tier I wanted to be in at the end of the KS because I wasn't really interested in any of the higher ones, but I'm willing to throw more money at them.

I actually pledged partway between two tiers, so I should already have change in my account for Add-ons. I'd probably be a good test for their system to make sure it handles that scenario correctly.

Not sure if I understood your question but anyway, whatever add-on you see on the image below is all that there is regardless of of your tier pledged during the KS phase (speaking out of experience with other projects, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong). If you really want an upgrade above what the add-ons offer, then you should look into the slacker backer page for stuff ranging from having your personal message displayed in an inn's guestbook and physical collectible capsule toys to the ultimate luxury items like the crystal sculpture and Ryo's leather jacket. Though only the jacket and crystal sole tiers could be called an upgrade, as for the rest you would be double dipping on a lot of stuff you probably already pledged for.

sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:41 am

Anybody get a survey from a slacker backer pledge that allows for supposedly Kickstarter exclusive stuff like the World Telecom to be added?

It'd be nice if the decision in the wake of that stupid poll years ago can be rectified and those tiers opened up to non-KS backers.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sappharad » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:49 am

sand4fish wrote:Not sure if I understood your question but anyway, whatever add-on you see on the image below is all that there is regardless of of your tier pledged during the KS phase (speaking out of experience with other projects, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong). If you really want an upgrade above what the add-ons offer, then you should look into the slacker backer page for stuff ranging from having your personal message displayed in an inn's guestbook and physical collectible capsule toys to the ultimate luxury items like the crystal sculpture and Ryo's leather jacket. Though only the jacket and crystal sole tiers could be called an upgrade, as for the rest you would be double dipping on a lot of stuff you probably already pledged for.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to ask. If that's the case, then there's no value in me going higher since I'm already past guestbook tier from the Kickstarter. I just wanted to try and bump up to one of the other in-game tiers because the higher collectables didn't interest me. One of the other kickstarters that I backed a few years ago let you bump to a higher tier via their rewards portal, since they used an external provider for it like YSNet is doing for this one.

Oh well, I'm fine with where I ended up, thanks for confirming.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby James Brown » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:45 pm

Basically, whatever you paid in the kickstarter is "pre-paid", so if you pledged below $250, you can now upgrade to a max of the $250 tier, and just pay the difference. If you had the $60 physical tier for example, and are now a bit more flush for cash, you could upgrade to the $175 printed art book tier, and when you go to checkout it will essentially show that you already have $60 in credit, and so you will be just paying $115.

Pretty cool really, since it makes those higher tiers slightly more affordable, now that the payment was sort of broken into 2 parts for some people haha :D...

I got my survey too, and i'm just sitting on it till after the weekend, I really need help with guestbook messages and photo! Yikes, it needs to be good since this is going in the game for all eternity! :-&
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Valascaziel » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Right so, need a clarification:

If I pledged $300, do I receive all rewards that were in tiers beneath that(telecom, etc.)? Thinking of going up to $500 when I get my survey.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sappharad » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Valascaziel wrote: Right so, need a clarification:

If I pledged $300, do I receive all rewards that were in tiers beneath that(telecom, etc.)? Thinking of going up to $500 when I get my survey.

Yes. The original kickstarter page will also show you what previous tier is included with each higher tier, although use your best judgement to decide what's applicable still.

Regarding the guestbook thing, ($600+ tiers) I'm not a member of the test group so I still have time (well, even the test group does too) but it would be nice to know what others decide to write. Not specifically what you're saying, but just generally how you're going to approach the statement. Will you be writing a nice quote you made up, a poem, a thank you, a shout out, role-playing and pretending it's a real guestbook and saying something about the hotel, etc?

I think it would be useful to get an idea to what kind of messages other people plan to write, so if you're looking to fit in, or intentionally looking not to fit in, you can approach the situation accordingly. When I first thought about it during the kickstarter, I wanted to make up some kind of nice quote, but I could change my mind if there's a common theme a lot of people want to follow.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:24 am

I don't think you'll ever get a consensus on how everyone else is going to write theirs (it's not like they all post/visit here anyway), so just do whatever appeals most to you personally.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Enigma » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:51 am

I'd really just like to write a short thank you message straight from the heart to Suzuki himself. Though I'm unsure if what we write is supposed to break immersion.
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:17 am

Enigma wrote: I'd really just like to write a short thank you message straight from the heart to Suzuki himself. Though I'm unsure if what we write is supposed to break immersion.

Well in the first two games there was Shenhua's head on the chocolate bars and crisp packets. That breaks the immersion a bit.
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:28 am

Enigma wrote:Though I'm unsure if what we write is supposed to break immersion.

Again, don't worry about this, because whatever you choose to write, there will be other people doing it both ways. That can't be helped, so don't leave yourself thinking "I wish I'd just written what I wanted to instead of trying to fit in." You paid a lot of money to make your own mark on the game.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Enigma » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:36 am

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
Enigma wrote: I'd really just like to write a short thank you message straight from the heart to Suzuki himself. Though I'm unsure if what we write is supposed to break immersion.

Well in the first two games there was Shenhua's head on the chocolate bars and crisp packets. That breaks the immersion a bit.

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Enigma wrote:Though I'm unsure if what we write is supposed to break immersion.

Again, don't worry about this, because whatever you choose to write, there will be other people doing it both ways. That can't be helped, so don't leave yourself thinking "I wish I'd just written what I wanted to instead of trying to fit in." You paid a lot of money to make your own mark on the game.

Thank you both. Funny how my main concern about this is ensuring the immersion is not broken for other players when I should just be thinking about what I really want to say as a backer.

A personal 'thank you' it is then. :D
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:26 am

Personally, I think I'm going to try treading the line between something than maintains the immersion of the game, and thanks Ys Net for all their hard work.

"It's been 18 years since I was last here, but it's good to be back, feels like home" etc, etc.

I know it's not been talked about a lot, but even if it's just a fun little mock-up, the image that came with this update is looking pretty great IMO.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Reprise
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby adom11800 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:32 pm

I hope the people who did the highest pledges get their surveys first. I can't wait for mine but I am a bit worried that I won't be living at the same address by the time the game comes out. Does anyone know if you can change it if that happens?

Great update though, we are getting closer to Shenmue III now! I really can't wait for gamescom in August, going to remind me of the good times last year. We are really shaping up for something special at Gamescom this year. I don't know if we'll get a release date past "2019". - Who said this btw, Cedric Biscay?

I think they are going to do a Resident Evil 2 at Gamescom and show us a big trailer and gameplay videos and like others are saying, maybe the game isn't too far away into 2019? [-o<
adom11800

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:47 pm

adom11800 wrote: I hope the people who did the highest pledges get their surveys first. I can't wait for mine but I am a bit worried that I won't be living at the same address by the time the game comes out. Does anyone know if you can change it if that happens?

From what's been said by early recipients, you can edit your address on Fangamer's site at any time, even after submitting the survey.

And anecdotally, those who've received theirs do all appear to be high level donors, though I don't know if it's been everyone above a certain tier or still just a sampling of those. It also may just be a coincidence that these are the recipients I happen to be aware of.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Kiske
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby adom11800 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
adom11800 wrote: I hope the people who did the highest pledges get their surveys first. I can't wait for mine but I am a bit worried that I won't be living at the same address by the time the game comes out. Does anyone know if you can change it if that happens?

From what's been said by early recipients, you can edit your address on Fangamer's site at any time, even after submitting the survey.

And anecdotally, those who've received theirs do all appear to be high level donors, though I don't know if it's been everyone above a certain tier or still just a sampling of those. It also may just be a coincidence that these are the recipients I happen to be aware of.

I see. Cheers man.
adom11800

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III