Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

Postby Kintor » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:49 am

Anonymous81 wrote: I can already see the negative Steam review average in the game's future because of this no matter how many of us try to counter it. Sigh.

Steam reviews usually trend towards the negative at launch, no matter how good the game is. With that said, the averages tend to level out over the following months and usually swing towards a permanent very positive rating. So I'm not too worried about how Shenmue 3 will be received on Steam, good word of mouth over the long term will have more impact than a few antsy reviews by people who played the game for 10 minutes before seeking a refund.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:18 am

I think this "100GB!" and "Broadband connection" shit will probably blow over either before, or when the game is actually out.

100GB is an approximation and will likely change, and the connection bit is probably just a way of saying "hey dummy, you need better internet than 56k to download this". Anybody screaming about Denuvo should probably go and take a look at other games Deep Silver has published on Steam. Out of all their released and upcoming titles, couldn't find a single one with Denuvo and I doubt they'll start with Shenmue III.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby myshtuff » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:17 pm

So in addition to backing the campaign for a PS4 copy, I also did the slacker backer option to get another copy on PC. However, I only got one survey. Did anyone else do something similar and get only one survey? I'm trying to figure out if there is any confusion and me not getting the second copy. I tried emailing them also, but no response yet...
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby b_ren » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:43 pm

Any guest book reward people here? I have no idea what message to put the guest book!? Looking for some ideas.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:33 pm

myshtuff wrote: So in addition to backing the campaign for a PS4 copy, I also did the slacker backer option to get another copy on PC. However, I only got one survey. Did anyone else do something similar and get only one survey? I'm trying to figure out if there is any confusion and me not getting the second copy. I tried emailing them also, but no response yet...

You can either wait for the second one to arrive, or you can whack your email address onto this page to get it sent right away.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: myshtuff
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:51 pm

b_ren wrote: Any guest book reward people here? I have no idea what message to put the guest book!? Looking for some ideas.

I'm having the same problem. Also stumped on what kind of photo of myself I should include...
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby belinho » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:16 pm

b_ren wrote:Any guest book reward people here? I have no idea what message to put the guest book!? Looking for some ideas.

About that, I need some help regarding the message.

- Is this the survey where we need to specify the message? (i didn't receive the email yet)
- What languages are allowed for the message?
- 140 characters includes spaces and punctuation, right?
- If there's any problem with our message, will they warn us? When?

- Who should i contact to ask these questions, Deep Silver or Awesome Japan?

The message I want to leave in the guestbook is something for my 8 month old daughter to eventually find if she ever plays the game (my guess is I will have to show her, but oh well). Still trying to find the right words to fit in there
belinho
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Anonymous81 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:08 pm

Spaghetti wrote: I think this "100GB!" and "Broadband connection" shit will probably blow over either before, or when the game is actually out.

100GB is an approximation and will likely change, and the connection bit is probably just a way of saying "hey dummy, you need better internet than 56k to download this". Anybody screaming about Denuvo should probably go and take a look at other games Deep Silver has published on Steam. Out of all their released and upcoming titles, couldn't find a single one with Denuvo and I doubt they'll start with Shenmue III.

Exactly. I just wish every little morsel of information coming out about this wouldn't produce a torrent of erroneous (and seemingly inevitably negative) response in the gaming media. But then, hyperbole generates clicks, and I know that's why they do it. Oh well, I completed my survey and it feels darn good.

Anonymous81 has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Valascaziel » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Got mine! I'm really hoping they do something to allow us to back at a higher tier than $250 max. I was really wanting to give a little more now that I'm in a better position to do so than I was before.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:51 pm

1 of the 3 emails that should be receiving them has not yet lol Think I will still get PC signed Collectors Edition, PS4 Physical, and 1 digital copy im thinking on PC or maybe PS4?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sappharad » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:11 pm

belinho wrote:
b_ren wrote:Any guest book reward people here? I have no idea what message to put the guest book!? Looking for some ideas.

About that, I need some help regarding the message.

- Is this the survey where we need to specify the message? (i didn't receive the email yet)
- What languages are allowed for the message?
- 140 characters includes spaces and punctuation, right?
- If there's any problem with our message, will they warn us? When?

- Who should i contact to ask these questions, Deep Silver or Awesome Japan?

The message I want to leave in the guestbook is something for my 8 month old daughter to eventually find if she ever plays the game (my guess is I will have to show her, but oh well). Still trying to find the right words to fit in there

1. Yes, it is the survey where you provide the guestbook message.
2. They don't require specific languages, but require you to use languages that conform to a 4 letter acronym that I don't remember. I took it as meaning they accept foreign characters, but there's a limit to what they accept. The survey warns that some languages with non-latin characters may be transliterated into English characters.
3. Correct, it works just like Twitter did in 2015 before they increased their limit. Punctuation and whitespace counts towards the limit. I actually used Twitter's character counter to type mine.
4. They provide a few guidelines, basically from what I recall anything that's a proper noun is off limits. No mentions of companies or specific people.

Questions go to Awesome Japan / the kickstarter people and contact them via Kickstarter or the Shenmue 3 website.

As to what you should write, we briefly discussed this in the Survey Info #0 thread. Nobody's going to follow the same theme, so don't worry about it. In my case, I wanted to have some kind of nice quote. I ended up saying something motivational regarding my own experience in life, which is not directly related to the game but did fit well for being in the guestbook of a foreign place.

You can edit your survey until the deadline.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:29 am

Ugh... completely forgot how much I spent on this game. :no: Anyone wanna pre-order my pre-order?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby belinho » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:42 am

Sappharad wrote: No mentions of companies or specific people

Thank you so much for your reply.

About the specific people part, by mentioning just the first name do you think there will be any trouble? Something like "John, this is your friend Paul..."

If they don't allow that I'm screwed

Edit. I just remembered I went with the "dice dude" tier. How does that one work? Need to send a pic? Can I use my name for the dice?
belinho

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:28 am

Do you know from which country the Kickstarter bonuses are shiped? Deep Silver is the publisher so perhaps they will be shipped from Europe?
Shenmue_Trilogy
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby SheepheadCG » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:17 am

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote: Do you know from which country the Kickstarter bonuses are shiped? Deep Silver is the publisher so perhaps they will be shipped from Europe?

Pretty sure that Deep Silver has nothing to do with fulfilling the kickstarter bonuses. They are publishing the game. Fangamer are the ones dealing with the kickstarter merchandise and they are based in Tucson, Arizona:

"Fangamer is a small videogame merchandise company based in—and shipping from—Tucson, Arizona."
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III