Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

Postby Kirino_Matsuyama » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:00 am

Okay, thanks ^-^
Kirino_Matsuyama
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby redline » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:12 pm

someone here wanted the japanese game for their collection. this is on the fangamer page-

Which Kickstarter version of Shenmue III would you like?
Choosing your PS4 region

Your PS4 region will be decided with your "Country" selection on the address or customer information page. Please note, if the disc region differs from PS4 system region, the unit itself, PlayStation™Network online services or DLC may not function properly.

i guess you could email them and buy a japanese copy?
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby johndp977 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:36 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Kirino_Matsuyama wrote: Do you have to go through the checkout before you can do the Survey?

Yes, after you fill in your shipping info on the checkout you should be prompted to the survey page.

Hi all,

I have a follow-up question to this. When I go to the survey link it takes me to this checkout page, and it recognizes that I pledged for the collector's edition at $300 + $10 shipping, which is correct. However, below this, there is an entire section offering "add-ons". The majority of these *should* be included as part of the original pledge, in many cases the description even says it's included in higher reward tiers. So is this just a standard section of add-ons that everyone sees regardless of their original pledge? Obviously, there would be no reason to add-on something that is already part of my reward (unless I want an extra art book, for example), so I am just confused why I even see most of these add-ons, and more importantly I'm hoping to confirm that I'll still be getting most of these rewards to which I should be entitled per my original pledge. I sent an email to fangamer but haven't heard back yet, does anyone happen to know?

Thanks all.
johndp977
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:19 pm

johndp977 wrote:Hi all,

I have a follow-up question to this. When I go to the survey link it takes me to this checkout page, and it recognizes that I pledged for the collector's edition at $300 + $10 shipping, which is correct. However, below this, there is an entire section offering "add-ons". The majority of these *should* be included as part of the original pledge, in many cases the description even says it's included in higher reward tiers. So is this just a standard section of add-ons that everyone sees regardless of their original pledge? Obviously, there would be no reason to add-on something that is already part of my reward (unless I want an extra art book, for example), so I am just confused why I even see most of these add-ons, and more importantly I'm hoping to confirm that I'll still be getting most of these rewards to which I should be entitled per my original pledge. I sent an email to fangamer but haven't heard back yet, does anyone happen to know?

Thanks all.

It's standardised. Everybody sees the add-ons regardless of pledge, and you still get everything included in your pledge tier whether you add anything on or not.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:50 pm

Reprise wrote:
Vyse Hazuky wrote:Anyway I find pretty odd that they're making PAL and NTSC-J versions and shipping them from Arizona.. seems like it'd be easier to find local partnerships and save a lot on shipping

Yeah, that is a bit odd. I'm fairly certain the last game I kickstarted, they had two or three shipping locations (USA, Germany and perhaps one more) and it shipped from the country or continent closest to you). Who knows what's easiest and cheapest for them though.

That way would make far more sense to me. I have Kickstarted other projects in the past and they ship the "gift" part separate from the music CD or game which was coming from the US or Japan. I really hope customs charges don't screw us over...
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Do you guys think we will get the rewards before the ga me releases like the music cd and the T-shirt et cetera?
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Reprise » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:11 am

The_Intruder wrote: Do you guys think we will get the rewards before the ga me releases like the music cd and the T-shirt et cetera?

I'm not sure. A lot of other projects I have backed, tbey actually sent the extra rewards more or less straight away. I think with Shenmue 3 it seems they will be sending it all together once the game is complete.

Yeah, I could do without getting mauled by customs and tax fees since I backed several hundred pounds :(

Reprise has received a thanks from: cham69
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby kogami » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:08 am

Me:
Hello, I live in France, but I would like to have a physical version Playstation 4 of Shenmue III in Japanese version (box / manual, guide book etc ...) for my personal collection. How should I proceed to make this request in your form?

Fangamer:
Hey there Kogami,

There is currently no manual region selection- Ys Net is looking into opening this up later. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Me:
If I want to have a physical version presently of Shenmue III in Japanese version, must I enter a Japanese address? (I have friends in Japan who could receive him for me) I really hope this option will be available so that I can order several version different region of Shenmue III

Shenmue III NTSC-J (PS4 physical)
Shenmue III PAL-E (PS4 physical)

Shenmue III NTSC-J (PC physical)
Shenmue III PAL-E (PC physical)

Fangamer:
waiting for a response...
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:25 am

They've given you their response. You've basically repeated the same question at them.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Reprise
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby kogami » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:27 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: They've given you their response. You've basically repeated the same question at them.

It is in the eventuality that the option does not arrive, find out if it will work.
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:19 pm

So am I choosing Steam Physical Disk as an option then? Will that also allow me to download it digitally? I want the benefit of the 'kickstarter exclusive', it would be neat to have the disk, but if that means I NEED the disk to download it then that would mean I would rather choose the digital option.

What are others doing?
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Centrale » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:24 pm

It seems most likely that the Steam physical disc probably just contains an executable that initiates a digital download.

I would think they would time the shipping of the disc so it arrives on release day. However if it's late, I personally wouldn't be too put out by buying the digital release on Steam while I wait for the physical disc. I understand that's not an option for everyone, though.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:59 pm

Mm.

I'm not expecting the game actually on a disk in any capacity for the physical PC version. That's just not how retail PC games are done these days.

I've got no real bones throwing $29 at Ys Net for a digital copy too so I'm not at the mercy of the post/customs agency. Cheaper than it'll be on Steam at release no doubt.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Reprise » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:11 pm

Most kickstarter games arrive with the majority of backers after retail release. That's just how it is unfortunately.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Telekill » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Telekill wrote: As I am in a bit of a conundrum on where I'll be when the game is shipped, I sent an e-mail direct to the survey support team to ask if there will be a way to update my shipping address beyond the Sept 30th mark. I also pledged on both the Kickstarter ($100 mark) and the Paypal Slacker Backer ($13 digital soundtrack is all I wanted), and asked if I should expect two different survey's.

I'll keep you guys posted with their reply.

They finally replied guys and given their answer... it looks like if you're on the fence about where you'll be, you'll be able to update your shipping address past the end of September.

Their reply is below:

Fangamer Mailroom wrote:Sorry for the confusion on the survey's close; that will close add-ons and changes to your tiers and questions, but it will not remove your ability to change your address. Fangamer will send you an email before we ship (or otherwise would have to lock addresses for some reason).

Thus, it looks like you'll have one final chance to give them where you want your physical backer rewards sent. Great news for me and anyone else that could be moving soon.

Telekill has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III