More Shenmue III Media Coverage.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

More Shenmue III Media Coverage.

Postby Silas » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:21 am

This was posted in another thread, which then got locked.

It's not "news about Shenmue III" and it's not "fullyyyy confirmed". But it's Shenmue III media coverage, it's only a week old, and I think that is important enough to get its own topic. There's been a swell of talk in the games media about when and if SEGA are going to announce Shenmue III (right back to Edge Magazine's bringing it up specifically during their 2-day jaunt to SOJ, and the whole fan letter farrago.) So it's all good.

Here's the article: http://spong.com/x?art=6007

And it is for this reason that talk of Shenmue 3 refuses to go away. Languishing in the same state as NICO, Virtua Fighter 5 and so on, the unannounced game is beginning to really niggle Sega’s fans, and this kind of thing simply makes things worse.
Well, I didn't realise that Ico 2 (aka NICO) had fallen into the same non-appearance limbo - I've seen video for heaven's sake!
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SpikyAd » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:15 am

Good find Silas. Even though it's a week old, it's still good news.
SpikyAd
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Silas » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:28 am

Well, someone else posted the link to Spong, and if you look for Shenmue III there's a News link. Everybody was saying it was all old news, but this was a recent report. The topic got locked, and I simply felt there was more to be said at least about the fact that yet another game outlet is expressing impatience about Shenmue III.

It's not like the usual "Hey I found definite confirmation of Shenmue III!" and you click the link only to find it's the interview with Shin from 11½ months ago.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that none of Spong's stuff is original - that it is reprints of articles from other places on the web. For instance in the July article about the fan letter farrago they say that "in an exclusive interview with us some time ago, Yu Suzuki said " and then gave a quote about S3 being in preliminary design phase. I've no doubt he said that, but I really don't think that it was an exclusive interview with Spong!
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby - Guizhang Chen - » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:31 am

ya true... silas

something fishy and tasty is happening with shenmue 3.
- Guizhang Chen -
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SxualVnilla » Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:49 am

fishy and tasty? Not quite the right combination, but I agree.
SxualVnilla
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Rhayno G. » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:12 am

article quote:
It is worth bearing in mind that across Japan, Shenmue is a massive series, seeing DVD, CD and toy sales rate amongst Sega’s best sellers

interesting.
Rhayno G.
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby code l name » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:23 am

andrew wrote:article quote:
It is worth bearing in mind that across Japan, Shenmue is a massive series, seeing DVD, CD and toy sales rate amongst Sega’s best sellers

interesting.

Well looking at actual figures for the game it didn't exactly light up the charts at the end of 2000 in Japan selling 295,775 (Source) and was the 28th best-selling game for that year in Japan. Then again Sega's track record in Japan has been atricious, with only one game in their history selling over 1 million copies in Japan (Virtua Fighter 2).
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Rhayno G. » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:36 am

28th best selling game for that year! :shock: I didnt know it was that bad, damn
Rhayno G.
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby asnozz » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:00 am

Yu Suzuki’s Digital Rex studio, which is now seemingly in charge of all things Shenmue, has again posted a revamped website for the seminal series, bringing a new feeling of angst to rampantly loyal fans of the series.

The site contains some new artwork and provides a general base for all things Shenmue - a strange move to make for a series that hasn’t seen a release for more than a year.

And it is for this reason that talk of Shenmue 3 refuses to go away. Languishing in the same state as NICO, Virtua Fighter 5 and so on, the unannounced game is beginning to really niggle Sega’s fans, and this kind of thing simply makes things worse.

It is worth bearing in mind that across Japan, Shenmue is a massive series, seeing DVD, CD and toy sales rate amongst Sega’s best sellers, so the revamped site may well be a reflection of this. However, what everyone really wants is a new game, a true sequel to what is one of the most important series in videogaming history.

Enjoy the new bits and bobs for now and stay tuned. We’ll bring you everything on the Shenmue series right here, as it breaks.
asnozz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: asnozz
XBL: asnozz360
Steam: asnozz
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Lan Di-sama » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:21 pm

I read this before, but somewhere else...I cant remember where though.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby - Guizhang Chen - » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:23 pm

But overall I don't trust that Spong.com. It's like 'Zhao' but in webpage form.
- Guizhang Chen -
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby asnozz » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:32 pm

- Guizhang Chen - wrote:But overall I don't trust that Spong.com. It's like 'Zhao' but in webpage form.

how do u know zhao, u werent a member then were u? (it was like august wen he left)
asnozz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby JoKeR2k3 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:23 am

I have only heard bad things of spong... its still good to here people are talking about it tho
JoKeR2k3
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:49 am

SpikyAd wrote:Good find Silas. Even though it's a week old, it's still good news.

Why do you have to be like that at least he found the news. You would not like it if someone said something like that to your find outs..
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby asnozz » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:16 pm

does it matter its a week old? as long as its been found and hasnt asready been reported
asnozz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue III