DigitalRex is revealing games at E3.....Ideas?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

DigitalRex is revealing games at E3.....Ideas?

Postby Ryo's Room » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:21 pm

I read on a site where DigitalRex said they are revealing their first games at E3. Well, the majority here would feel it could be S3. I think so. But what if it was another F.R.E.E. game? One better than S3? Nah, but I wonder what other games could work in the F.R.E.E. genre. What if they came out with somethin like Shenmue Side Quest, where you had to control Fuku-san and help him manage the dojo. You'd practice with other trainers, help out Ine-San, and clean up the Hazuki Residence. You'd also do other things, like travel in Dobuita, drink at the Yokosuka Bar, and try to stay calm till Ryo returned. A bogus idea? Maybe, but at LEAST it's somethin to do till S3 comes out. They really need to take more advantage of this new genre. F.R.E.E. could have the best games if more titles were published. Doesn't mean I want Acclaim or Naughty Dog (American Developers) make the games, but Sega needs to use this genre more.
Ryo's Room
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby reporter » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:50 pm

They'll probably reveal that they're working no Shenmue III and IV For one of the next gen platforms.
Last edited by reporter on Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reporter
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby code l name » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Shenmue blended many moulds of games together, but personally I am not one who buys into them creating a distinctive and separate genre. Looking back, it seems 'Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment' was something of a buzz word to generate hype and excitement about the game, without it holding any real significance. Shenmue contrary to what was originally said was a very linear game, mainly because the driving force of both games was the narrative story. I really don’t think Digitalrex would create a game similar to Shenmue, without finishing the series and even then I get the feeling we won’t see a game like Shenmue for a long, long time.
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ryo's Room » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:09 pm

Well, like I said in the above post, make a Shenmue Side Quest with Fuku-san or something. Or just get S3 out. I'd prefer 3, but the idea of freely strolling Dobuita is enticing as well....
Ryo's Room
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby waser2 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:16 am

a different F.R.E.E game: good. Shenmue 3 :Fanfuckingtastic
waser2
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sailorstick » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:50 am

A cell shaded cutsiefied MMORPG Shenmue 3 that has nothing to do with the series: Craptastic
Sailorstick
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SxualVnilla » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:59 am

Where can I get a great like that?
SxualVnilla
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: DigitalRex is revealing games at E3.....Ideas?

Postby Silas » Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:42 am

Yamagishi San wrote:I read on a site where DigitalRex said they are revealing their first games at E3. Well, the majority here would feel it could be S3. I think so. But what if it was another F.R.E.E. game? One better than S3? Nah, but I wonder what other games could work in the F.R.E.E. genre. What if they came out with somethin like Shenmue Side Quest, where you had to control Fuku-san and help him manage the dojo. You'd practice with other trainers, help out Ine-San, and clean up the Hazuki Residence. You'd also do other things, like travel in Dobuita, drink at the Yokosuka Bar, and try to stay calm till Ryo returned. A bogus idea? Maybe, but at LEAST it's somethin to do till S3 comes out. They really need to take more advantage of this new genre. F.R.E.E. could have the best games if more titles were published. Doesn't mean I want Acclaim or Naughty Dog (American Developers) make the games, but Sega needs to use this genre more.
But why on earth would they make a Shenmue side quest instead of making a Shenmue game? FREE is a very expensive way of making games. What, you were thinking they'd base a game around Fuku-san and Ine-san 'cos they can pay them less??
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby asnozz » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:17 pm

Silas wrote:
Yamagishi San wrote:I read on a site where DigitalRex said they are revealing their first games at E3. Well, the majority here would feel it could be S3. I think so. But what if it was another F.R.E.E. game? One better than S3? Nah, but I wonder what other games could work in the F.R.E.E. genre. What if they came out with somethin like Shenmue Side Quest, where you had to control Fuku-san and help him manage the dojo. You'd practice with other trainers, help out Ine-San, and clean up the Hazuki Residence. You'd also do other things, like travel in Dobuita, drink at the Yokosuka Bar, and try to stay calm till Ryo returned. A bogus idea? Maybe, but at LEAST it's somethin to do till S3 comes out. They really need to take more advantage of this new genre. F.R.E.E. could have the best games if more titles were published. Doesn't mean I want Acclaim or Naughty Dog (American Developers) make the games, but Sega needs to use this genre more.
But why on earth would they make a Shenmue side quest instead of making a Shenmue game? FREE is a very expensive way of making games. What, you were thinking they'd base a game around Fuku-san and Ine-san 'cos they can pay them less??

good point, it just wouldnt be profitable, unless they wanted to start afresh with a new license.
asnozz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: asnozz
XBL: asnozz360
Steam: asnozz
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby b_ren » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:42 pm

Yeah I agree and it wouldn't go with the Shenmue story but you are allowed you opinion :) I used to call Shenmue an R.P.G all the time but these days I like to call it F.R.E.E. it just sounds better I reckon. :D
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Contristo » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:32 pm

No, they will not make a sidequest before the series is over.

Anyways, playing a game where all you do is manage the Hazuki Dojo and take care of Ine-san would probably the most dull game ever.
Contristo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Amin » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:42 pm

They would never in a million years make a game like that. That would flop more than shenmue. It would only reach the shenmue audience, cos who else would buy a game like that. I'm sure sega dont want to do anything shenmue orientated other than shenmue! Well unless its that mmorpg ;) . I still have a good feeling bout that.
Amin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Atlantean » Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:48 pm

I'm gonna kill you now.
Atlantean
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Lantean
Currently playing: Steam Wallet Drain Game

Postby Birty » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:10 pm

Back to the actual topic of the forum, I think that E3 is the time for us Shenmue fans to hear or even see something on Shenmue III. I mean if they are saying that they are showcasing their new titles at E3, Shenmue is one of their biggest projects (that we know of anyway) at the moment, so something is surely to come up, whether it be a little announcement to say it is development, or a big presentation showing Ryo in all his Shenmue III loveliness!
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k

Postby Ryo's Room » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:12 pm

Atlantean wrote:

I'm gonna kill you now.

Yeahhhhh.Okaayyyyyyy.
Ryo's Room
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue III