I'm worried about Sammy stoping Shenmue III.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby b_ren » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:32 am

I don't believe that Sammy thing anymore after reading that site again I don't believe what he has put up and is proabably just his opinion.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:13 pm

Sammy can just go rot in hell
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby b_ren » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:16 pm

SEGA+Sammy=SAGGY
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Dr.Ryo » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:04 pm

Well, if you really think that some other company will take over Shenmue developement, how do u explain this:

www.digitalrex.jp/shenmue/
Dr.Ryo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby b_ren » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:03 pm

Well as usual we have to wait and see what happens :roll:
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:25 pm

most of you guys don't seem to be familiar with sammy. sammy has made a lot of good games, their most popular being the guilty gear series. of course most of those games were never released in the US (just like thousands of other games). sammy isn't a bad company and the few games that I have played from them are top quality.
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby b_ren » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:29 pm

jinsaotomex3 wrote:most of you guys don't seem to be familiar with sammy. sammy has made a lot of good games, their most popular being the guilty gear series. of course most of those games were never released in the US (just like thousands of other games). sammy isn't a bad company and the few games that I have played from them are top quality.

But which would you prefer Sammy of SEGA. Just becuase they made Guilty Gear doesn't make everything better.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:24 pm

B_Ren wrote:
jinsaotomex3 wrote:most of you guys don't seem to be familiar with sammy. sammy has made a lot of good games, their most popular being the guilty gear series. of course most of those games were never released in the US (just like thousands of other games). sammy isn't a bad company and the few games that I have played from them are top quality.

But which would you prefer Sammy of SEGA. Just becuase they made Guilty Gear doesn't make everything better.
Both Sega and Sammy have their own style just like Squaresoft and Enix. Everyone was like oh it's a horrible idea but so far it has been pretty good. Just because Sammy and Sega might or will merge doesnt mean that they will take over shenmue. Not like Enix took over the final fantasy series.
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mechanical Animal » Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:32 pm

that makes alot of sense jinsaotomex3
Mechanical Animal
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby b_ren » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:37 pm

jinsaotomex3 wrote:
B_Ren wrote:

Both Sega and Sammy have their own style just like Squaresoft and Enix. Everyone was like oh it's a horrible idea but so far it has been pretty good. Just because Sammy and Sega might or will merge doesnt mean that they will take over shenmue. Not like Enix took over the final fantasy series.

But how would you know??? the reason they will take over SEGA is if it's profitable and Shenmue isn't so it's a threat but they can deal with that and just not develope it.. it's simple. :roll:
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby nuts_to_that » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:50 pm

B_Ren wrote:
jinsaotomex3 wrote:
B_Ren wrote:

But how would you know??? the reason they will take over SEGA is if it's profitable and Shenmue isn't so it's a threat but they can deal with that and just not develope it.. it's simple. :roll:

But the same can be said for Yu Suzuki's vision on Shenmue. Yes, Shenmue wasn't too profitable. Maybe Yu Suzuki is disappointed that the response to Shenmue was a lot smaller than what he expected. Just because it's his creation doesn't mean he is going to finish it. Just because he says he wants to finish it doesn't mean he is going to finish it, either.
nuts_to_that
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yama » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:24 pm

Sammy should try and make it on their own instead of destroying a great company, those friggin' ass holes. I hope they die.

Shenmue III is big budget and may not sell well, so they may scrap it...

Question though, aside from funding, liscense wise could Digital Rex do it w/o Sega and Sammy?
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Yama » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:27 pm

Broken Guilty Gear sucks compared to CVS2, MVC2, and 3S... as does Sammy compared to Sega. You suck if you have to take over a company like they are...
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:44 pm

funny how you say that yet Guilty Gear X2 is actually up there with the popularity of those games in japan. remember barely any of sammy's games have been seen here in the US. You guys seem to know nothing about sammy yet you bash it like if it's a piece of trash. well let me say something sammy can hold itself and has little to no debt. Sega has billions of yen worth of debt and is breaking apart no matter what happens. The popularity of sammy games in japan is much larger than what you guys think. So what if they make pachinko machines?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/13119.html here have some fun. These guys have been around for a while and they do know what they are doing. You know if Sega thought it would destroy them they wouldn't have done it. Sega knows that sammy can help them get out of debt even it if's a little. and the Guilty Gear series surpases any of the Vs series games. Guilty Gear actually has more to it than just pressing buttons to do combos unlike the vs series.
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yama » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:27 pm

jinsaotomex3 wrote:funny how you say that yet Guilty Gear X2 is actually up there with the popularity of those games in japan. remember barely any of sammy's games have been seen here in the US. You guys seem to know nothing about sammy yet you bash it like if it's a piece of trash. well let me say something sammy can hold itself and has little to no debt. Sega has billions of yen worth of debt and is breaking apart no matter what happens. The popularity of sammy games in japan is much larger than what you guys think. So what if they make pachinko machines?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/13119.html here have some fun. These guys have been around for a while and they do know what they are doing. You know if Sega thought it would destroy them they wouldn't have done it. Sega knows that sammy can help them get out of debt even it if's a little. and the Guilty Gear series surpases any of the Vs series games. Guilty Gear actually has more to it than just pressing buttons to do combos unlike the vs series.

I know all about Sammy and it is a good company, though seriously think for a second. Were not in the mood to be logical and see positive aspects to a company who is taunting and ripping apart a company that we grew up with our entire lives. Obviously your no huge Sega fan, but try and see how we feel for a moment. I can be logical and get into the Sammy and their positive/negative aspects just as much as you, but frankly I don't have the will to just side with a Company who is tearing apart my most beloved company ever, one I grew up with my entire life since I started gamign on Sega Master System. Sorry, I may sound as unlogical and dumb as a bag of rocks, but I just can't bare witht he idea of liking this company for what their doing to Sega....sorry.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III