I'm worried about Sammy stoping Shenmue III.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Yama » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:31 pm

jinsaotomex3 wrote:funny how you say that yet Guilty Gear X2 is actually up there with the popularity of those games in japan. remember barely any of sammy's games have been seen here in the US. You guys seem to know nothing about sammy yet you bash it like if it's a piece of trash. well let me say something sammy can hold itself and has little to no debt. Sega has billions of yen worth of debt and is breaking apart no matter what happens. The popularity of sammy games in japan is much larger than what you guys think. So what if they make pachinko machines?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/13119.html here have some fun. These guys have been around for a while and they do know what they are doing. You know if Sega thought it would destroy them they wouldn't have done it. Sega knows that sammy can help them get out of debt even it if's a little. and the Guilty Gear series surpases any of the Vs series games. Guilty Gear actually has more to it than just pressing buttons to do combos unlike the vs series.

Pressing buttons for combos, see you obviously don't play competitvely. I travel across the US for Tournaments and regular at Chinatown Fair, arcade with the best competition in the States. You don't know about fighters, sorry but MVC2's tech hit, tri jump and inf's are far past anythign seen in Guilty Gear XX. Try downloading a video of say Soo Might vs J-Wong, you can see what a Rom Inf is and th depth to the game... that was the funniest most pathetic comment ever and put your credibility to zero. CVS2, hmm roll cancles alone own GGXX, I watched soem Japanese matches of GGXX from the champ there, great stuff no doubt but to put down mvc2 or cvs2, you must know shit on the subject. Go to Shoryuken.com Forums if you need detailed info on mvc2 and cvs2 strats and depth issues, they'll be more than glad to help you out... their nto biased either, they all play 2d fighters ggxx and all... so please do visit.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby nuts_to_that » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:22 am

Yama wrote:Pressing buttons for combos, see you obviously don't play competitvely. I travel across the US for Tournaments and regular at Chinatown Fair, arcade with the best competition in the States.

Hmm, you and me need to talk. :D

Yama wrote:CVS2, hmm roll cancles alone own GGXX, I watched soem Japanese matches of GGXX from the champ there, great stuff no doubt but to put down mvc2 or cvs2, you must know shit on the subject. Go to Shoryuken.com Forums if you need detailed info on mvc2 and cvs2 strats and depth issues, they'll be more than glad to help you out... their nto biased either, they all play 2d fighters ggxx and all... so please do visit.

Roll cancels are also quite controversial, and if abused, they are very frustrating. You probably know as well as I do that they weren't supposed to be in the game.
nuts_to_that
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amin » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:19 am

Meh, I aint bothered about Sammy, they own a small portion of sega, something like 17%, that aint enough to make a decision as large as the future of shenmue. Get it right, sega own most of sega. Investors are in there but investors dont own the other 80 odd percent. If the company had any brains they would hold on to the largest portion of the company so they remain ontrol and i'm sure sega still do. Besides when the news was first announced of the purchase, nobody said anything like, sega is know more and sammy is in control, all thats gonna happen is sega will help sammy make some of there stuff and sammy will probably help sega financially, it is probably in the best intrest of both companies so chill. ;)
Amin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:56 pm

"Pressing buttons for combos, see you obviously don't play competitvely. I travel across the US for Tournaments and regular at Chinatown Fair, arcade with the best competition in the States." You need a new hobby.

What has sammy done to sega so far? NOTHING. Sure some people have left because they are not please with the idea but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. If you are in a job and your job is an asshole and you really don't need the job, are you staying? I'm pretty sure they left due to personal reasons. I don't know about fighters I just happen to play them and be pretty damn good at them but w/e you say Yama you keep playing McV2 and going to your little tournaments with your buds while the game companies take your money and just get rich and make games that you won't like but others will appreciate. After all you mean nothing to them. And not being in the mood to be logical? If you aren't being logical and talking nonsense your opinion is worth less than mine. I've been a sega fan for how long now? I've been playing Genesis since I can remember. Chinatown Fair, yeh everyone thinks MvC2 is a damn sport. I play videogames for fun to release stress. I don't curse at a machine like most of the people do or strain myself so close to the screen it looks like I'm trying to shove my head thru it. I've been playing fighters for a long time now. Actually the only thing I play are fighters and RPGs. Thing is you are saying all these things about MvC and such when we know that no one gives a crap about those games anymore except those who go to tournaments. I also have a personal dislike on MVC2 for one thing...everyone uses the same stupid characters over and over and over and over. It's a damn game for God's sake not a damn sport you have to devote your life to. Back to my point...Sammy is a respected company in japan and their products have been known to be of high quality. So yeah bash me flame me or whatever, at the end the ones that will look like idiots are the ones doing the things stated above.
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby b_ren » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:18 pm

Nuts to that wrote:
B_Ren wrote:
jinsaotomex3 wrote:
B_Ren wrote:
jinsaotomex3 wrote:most of you guys don't seem to be familiar with sammy. sammy has made a lot of good games, their most popular being the guilty gear series. of course most of those games were never released in the US (just like thousands of other games). sammy isn't a bad company and the few games that I have played from them are top quality.

But which would you prefer Sammy of SEGA. Just becuase they made Guilty Gear doesn't make everything better.
Both Sega and Sammy have their own style just like Squaresoft and Enix. Everyone was like oh it's a horrible idea but so far it has been pretty good. Just because Sammy and Sega might or will merge doesnt mean that they will take over shenmue. Not like Enix took over the final fantasy series.

But how would you know??? the reason they will take over SEGA is if it's profitable and Shenmue isn't so it's a threat but they can deal with that and just not develope it.. it's simple. :roll:

But the same can be said for Yu Suzuki's vision on Shenmue. Yes, Shenmue wasn't too profitable. Maybe Yu Suzuki is disappointed that the response to Shenmue was a lot smaller than what he expected. Just because it's his creation doesn't mean he is going to finish it. Just because he says he wants to finish it doesn't mean he is going to finish it, either.

It's not up to Yu suzuki if Shenmue 3 is made he can only get the signal for the go ahead from someone higher up then him.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby b_ren » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:25 pm

jinsaotomex3 wrote:funny how you say that yet Guilty Gear X2 is actually up there with the popularity of those games in japan. remember barely any of sammy's games have been seen here in the US. You guys seem to know nothing about sammy yet you bash it like if it's a piece of trash. well let me say something sammy can hold itself and has little to no debt. Sega has billions of yen worth of debt and is breaking apart no matter what happens. The popularity of sammy games in japan is much larger than what you guys think. So what if they make pachinko machines?

Yes thats why I don't want them to take over SEGA becuase all the care about is selling in japan so we won't get nothing. Oh and I don't think SEGA was falling apart :roll: since they were just getting back on their feet again and with profits up everything was going good.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:07 pm

But if you read the article it says that they want to focus on arcade games and such. Sammy wants to make money here so why would they stop sega from making console games knowing that it won't be profitable?
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby reporter » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:51 pm

Sammy holds 22.4% of Sega, Sega only holds 10 % of itself making sammy the largest shareholder in the company.

They have enough to make the decisions for them. if sega resists then sammy will simply buy more, and here is an interesting fact-

In japanese law a company only has to own 33% of another to have decision making power. whereas in the west you would need atleast 51%

if sega deosn't play by sammy's rules then sammy would need to buy merely another 8.6 percent and bingo!

game over.
reporter
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mechanical Animal » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:04 am

reporter, that a scary thought, and lets hope it doesnt hapen
Mechanical Animal
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Previous

Return to Shenmue III