Is Digital Rex enough to create Shenmue 3 alone?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Is Digital Rex enough to create Shenmue 3 alone?

Postby Man Mo Something » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:40 am

Looking at the credits for Shenmue 2, I see AM2 gives many thanks to other development teams for their help... Sonic Team, WOW Entertainment, and Overworks.

Since Yu Sukuzi has a whole new team of developers, not the AM2 crew he was familiar with, then it seems like it would be too much for them alone. I know Microsoft would be helping out with some of the development.

WIth the whole Sammy issues coming up also, the next Shenmue will need a lot of involvement from the Sega teams. Just listen to the music at the Tomato Convenience store. Now you KNOW that was composed by Sonic Team. It sounds like it's straight from the NiGHTS soundtrack.

Anyone know DRx's size in staff?
Last edited by Man Mo Something on Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man Mo Something
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby b_ren » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:45 am

The thing is the money Digital Rex recieves is from SEGA.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Gongjue » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:51 am

i say no. and it obviously wont be... we know about .5% of whats going on right now behind the scenes.
Gongjue
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Man Mo Something » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:06 pm

Well I also read that Yu got to hand-pick his own staff members, so I guess there is no worries there.
Man Mo Something
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:22 pm

well since the developers can work faster now since they are already used to working with the engine and such. so a smaller team can make a product that's just as good or even better just because they are familiar with what they are doing.
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Silas » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:41 am

DR started with a staff of 27, and Yu does not have "a whole new team of developers" but is working with people he knows, trusts and respects. Yes, they undoubtedly will go to a lot of outside companies for help with stuff, including the SEGA studios. What of it?
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby reporter » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:54 pm

suzuki-san said he's hand picking employees to add to the current selction of 27 and that a team of 60 to 120 is what his preference is.
reporter
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:06 pm

Well if Yu Suzuki likes shenmue that much I am sure he would put some of his money towards it... his 2yen that he is got..
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby b_ren » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:41 pm

I don't think Yu suzuki can do anything to make Shenmue 3. It's not up to him and there is nothing he can do about.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jeff » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:35 pm

Digital Rex is starting to look like a joke. They dont do much, they have no money, my dormroom is bigger than their office. I have little confidence in Digital Rex Im sorry to say. :?
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby LanDC » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:43 pm

Congo, you make little sense there buddy... Number one, they have to be open long enough to DO SOME WORK to be able to show off the first games.. Number two. They have money. Number three, have you walked around their office? Compared it perhaps?
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Re: Is Digital Rex enough to create Shenmue 3 alone?

Postby Gutcruncher » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:47 am

Man Mo Something wrote:Looking at the credits for Shenmue 2, I see AM2 gives many thanks to other development teams for their help... Sonic Team, WOW Entertainment, and Overworks.

thats because they used their characters and stuff for capsule toys
Gutcruncher
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby b_ren » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:46 pm

LanDC wrote:Congo, you make little sense there buddy... Number one, they have to be open long enough to DO SOME WORK to be able to show off the first games.. Number two. They have money. Number three, have you walked around their office? Compared it perhaps?

I trust Digital Rex more than I do SEGA :lol: and I fully believe that they will bring our Shenmue 3. Oh and Yeah Congo give them time ;)
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:29 pm

B_Ren wrote:I don't think Yu suzuki can do anything to make Shenmue 3. It's not up to him and there is nothing he can do about.

Well they must not have respect for Yu then...
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby b_ren » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:46 pm

snoopbob2004 wrote:
B_Ren wrote:I don't think Yu suzuki can do anything to make Shenmue 3. It's not up to him and there is nothing he can do about.

Well they must not have respect for Yu then...

It's not that it's just that he is not in charge and would need the go ahead from someone higher up then him.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue III