Need the Motorcycle back...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Need the Motorcycle back...

Postby G Money Slick » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:24 pm

Didn't Ryo own a motorcycle back in Yokosuka?? I remember him riding one but since I haven't had the pleasure of playing it Im not sure.

A part of the game where you can take place in a high speed chase would definately be a welcomed change.
G Money Slick
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:30 pm

Ryo didn't have a motorcycle. he borrowed it from his friend in order to go rescue nozomi from the mad angels.
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Rhayno G. » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:45 pm

I agree, that was awesome. I was suprised at the physics, youd think they'd be crappy like in THUG, but they were actually decent
Rhayno G.
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:46 pm

yea it was hard to pass the first few times threw, but im an expert at riding that thing
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:55 pm

i still have a little truoble in that part
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby shenmuefan_ » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:16 pm

ya i always make it in the last second
shenmuefan_
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:46 pm

shenmuefan_ wrote:ya i always make it in the last second

Same here.

But hey Ryo originally was intended to ride a bike maybe they should bring that back. :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby shenmuefan_ » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:14 am

i wonder how that would of been rideing a bike
shenmuefan_
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby JoKeR2k3 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:25 am

there should be a bike... but then you would have to wait even longer cuz you would be quicker....unless you could get off that bike pull out a chainsaw and randomly kill people....
JoKeR2k3
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Axm » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:28 am

if they ever remake Shenmue 1. the bike would be awsome
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Amin » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:39 am

BlueCast wrote:
shenmuefan_ wrote:ya i always make it in the last second

Same here.

But hey Ryo originally was intended to ride a bike maybe they should bring that back. :lol:

I always did it in the last second aswell! Those shots are cool, I've never seen them before! Why would they take out something like that :evil: , that would be so class, being able to ride a bike round the town.
Amin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ódinn » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:26 am

Shenmue chapter one didn´t need a bike. They should have put the bike in shenmue II instead. Because of the big locations.
Ódinn
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Silas » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:46 am

Word, Odin. I used to wish I could just go to Joy and get a lift to whereever I wanted to go.

andrew wrote: agree, that was awesome. I was suprised at the physics, youd think they'd be crappy like in THUG, but they were actually decent
Hmmm, I have to say I disagree. When I first played Shenmue I was just through playing Metropolis Street Racer with its accurate renditions of real streets in London, San Francisco and Tokyo and realistic car handling, so I'm afraid I found the motorbike sim in Shenmue to be quite disappointing, while recognising where they had to concentrate their programming efforts (ie the FREE system). I didn't find the bike realistic to handle, to accelerate or to brake. Neither can he stop or slide off or anything else - it's very "arcade biker", well, it was based on HangOn so what do you expect?? ;)
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Man Mo Something » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:04 am

The push bike that Blue Cast posted pictures of would look more appropriate in a city in China. China is full of bicycles, so maybe we will see the animation in a Chinese city.
Man Mo Something
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Daemos » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:13 pm

Silas wrote:Word, Odin. I used to wish I could just go to Joy and get a lift to whereever I wanted to go.

andrew wrote: agree, that was awesome. I was suprised at the physics, youd think they'd be crappy like in THUG, but they were actually decent

Hmmm, I have to say I disagree. When I first played Shenmue I was just through playing Metropolis Street Racer with its accurate renditions of real streets in London, San Francisco and Tokyo and realistic car handling, so I'm afraid I found the motorbike sim in Shenmue to be quite disappointing, while recognising where they had to concentrate their programming efforts (ie the FREE system). I didn't find the bike realistic to handle, to accelerate or to brake. Neither can he stop or slide off or anything else - it's very "arcade biker", well, it was based on HangOn so what do you expect?? ;)

Indeed. The direction is horrible. I grew used to it, so I don't have much of a problem, although, I do finish it with only 3 to 6 seconds left. :lol:
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Shenmue III