Postby b_ren » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:20 pm

Thanks for the translation Kiyuu. ;)
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Mysteries....

Postby Kiyuu » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:37 pm

Hellraiser wrote:I doubt Master Baihu is Ziming since we are talking about Xuiyings older brother, he would most likely be equal or perhaps have higher skill then her in Baji-quan. (Baji-quan style originated from Meng-kun where Landi's father was murdered) Let's not forget his appearance in the comic, he could be one of the four leaders if he hangs around Niao-shun.

Now Baihu the fighter Ryo defeated could possibly be a recruiter for the Chiyoumen, as a final test before they joined the organization. Ryo could meet with Baihu again for one or both of the following reasons.

1. To be trained on a specific move from "Tiger Swallow style", perhaps from that mysterious move scroll that Guizhang translated? When Ryo first walked in from the elevator he saw Baihu's finish his opponent and said "What was that move?"

2. Fill Ryo in on the history of tiger swallow style and how it relates to Zhou Sungming. Maybe some further details on the deadly style Landi uses.

So you think both "Baihu" would appear in the sequel? Most Japanese say the Baihu, the recruiter,
wouldn't be strong enough to be one of the Four Leaders. Then, Ziming would be the Baihu
in Chiyou Men? ....rather confusing, isn't it? Well, we'll see.

About the Chinese scroll, one of the guidebook says it's the description of a move of Baji-quan style,
though I'm not sure the English name for 八極拳(Hakkyoku-ken), the style of Xiuying and Ziming?
The move is called 猛虎硬爬山(Mouko-kouhazan) in Japanese. Akira of Virtua Fighter uses that move.
Here's his demonstration. Click the link at his right toe:

http://www.sega-am2.co.jp/vf4evo/conten ... ndex.html#

It's the first move of the combination of two moves.
Last edited by Kiyuu on Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Re: Mysteries....

Postby Ziming » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:56 pm

Kiyuu wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:I doubt Master Baihu is Ziming since we are talking about Xuiyings older brother, he would most likely be equal or perhaps have higher skill then her in Baji-quan. (Baji-quan style originated from Meng-kun where Landi's father was murdered) Let's not forget his appearance in the comic, he could be one of the four leaders if he hangs around Niao-shun.

Now Baihu the fighter Ryo defeated could possibly be a recruiter for the Chiyoumen, as a final test before they joined the organization. Ryo could meet with Baihu again for one or both of the following reasons.

1. To be trained on a specific move from "Tiger Swallow style", perhaps from that mysterious move scroll that Guizhang translated? When Ryo first walked in from the elevator he saw Baihu's finish his opponent and said "What was that move?"

2. Fill Ryo in on the history of tiger swallow style and how it relates to Zhou Sungming. Maybe some further details on the deadly style Landi uses.

So you think both "Baihu" would appear in the sequel? Most Japanese say the Baihu, the recruiter,
wouldn't be strong enough to be one of the Four Leaders. Then, Ziming would be the Baihu
in Chiyou Men....rather confusing, isn't it? Well, we'll see.

About the Chinese scroll, I hear it's the description of a move of Baji-quan style, though I'm not sure
the English name for 八極拳(Hakkyoku-ken). The move is called 猛虎硬爬山(Mouko-kouhazan) in
Japanese. Akira of VF uses that move. Here's his demonstration. Click the link at his right toe:

If it was a Baji-quan move Ryo could of shown it to Xuiying or maybe Yuanda Zhu himself for further details. I remember Guizhang saying this move can only be translated and passed down by the original master verbally. Did Iwao and Sungming Zhao somehow know a Baji-quan master in Meng-kun? We know they were training together and best of friends, perhaps Xuiying/Ziming learned the style from this same master? There are way too many questions........how much longer must we wait for these answers! :x
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Kiyuu » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:58 am

Hellraiser wrote:If it was a Baji-quan move Ryo could of shown it to Xuiying or maybe Yuanda Zhu himself for further details. I remember Guizhang saying this move can only be translated and passed down by the original master verbally. Did Iwao and Sungming Zhao somehow know a Baji-quan master in Meng-kun? We know they were training together and best of friends, perhaps Xuiying/Ziming learned the style from this same master? There are way too many questions........how much longer must we wait for these answers! :x

Apparently, Iwao met some Baji-quan master in Meng-kun and got the scroll.
Let's hope the answers are drawing near day by day!! :)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:54 am

hmm i see
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby b_ren » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:43 am

We are probably all wrong and our theories are nothing like what happens in the game. :lol:
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby FeelinLuckyPUNK » Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:55 am

I reckon there is some truth in the four heavenly beasts theory. It connects the members of the chi you men to on another. I reckon the character who is blacked out or Black Tortoise etc will be the most important character in the story.
FeelinLuckyPUNK
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: Actually

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:33 am

Kiyuu wrote:
Tomato Convenience Store wrote:Very cool stuff Kiyuu and Hellraiser.

Maybe Ziming is the "Guardian of the West", and the Guardian of the North is the guy we don't know in the 4 Leaders of the Chiyoumen picture...he's probably the leader of the whole organization. Do we have anyway of associating Ziming with the Guardian animal of the West? And are the guardians in the same order as that picture we find in Ghost Hall Building?

They say there's a big boss above the "Four Leaders," called "ten-tei" in Japanese.
I don't know the English name for him but it means heavenly emperor.

And the guardian of the west is white tiger as Hellraiser said. But here's a problem.
White tiger is "Baihu" in Chinese. Is Master Baihu Ziming? No, most likely!
Then, isn't it confusing, if there're two Baihu's in a story?

Well, then it's possible that Baihu is one of the guardians...? Maybe we already know all 4leaders and aren't aware? It could be Lan Di, niao sun, Ziming, and Baihu, since baihu means white tiger. But how Ryo defeated a Chi You men Leader makes no sense, so maybe there is another 'White Tiger' in the game, possibly Ziming, and we don't know who the Tortoise is yet. What Kiyuu said about a higher leader is possible too.

And about the 4 guardians in cities, that probably means that each leader blocks a different entrance, maybe there's a whole chi you men city (Meng Cun?) But if Lan Di was a gate guardian, who took his place while he was gone for all that time when he went to Japan?

Interesting topic, once again Kiyuu gives us more information (and more questions...) Thanks Kiyuu and Hellraiser.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:55 am

I doubt it, for baihu to be one of the guardians... He might just make a short appearance in Shenmue 3.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:00 pm

it doesn't look like baihu is one of those members in the picture of the 4 chiyoumen, i can make out 3 of them but i cant the last one
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Ziming » Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:02 pm

I think the the fourth leader is alot older in age, the three other members are rather young.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby SAM2 PS2 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:25 pm

Once again, GREAT stuff Hellraiser & Kiyuu! All of these questions that have been brought up in this topic make me want Shenmue III that much more! Man, E3 couldn't seem any further away right now, *sigh*! :-(

8)
SAM2 PS2
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Virtua » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:07 pm

Kiyuu wrote:The move is called 猛虎硬爬山(Mouko-kouhazan) in Japanese. Akira of Virtua Fighter uses that move.
Here's his demonstration. Click the link at his right toe:

Wow thanks for that! I always wondered what move it recorded. I can see Ryo using that sometime in the future...
Virtua
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ziming » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:12 pm

Here is a screenshot from the project berkley demo, it shows two huge Tortoise statues which represent one of four heavenly beasts.
Attachments
turtoise.jpg
(23.33 KiB) Downloaded 630 times
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby FeelinLuckyPUNK » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:44 pm

Maybe Ryo needs to go to these places to ressurect Chi You. He may need to activate it by doing something. The Chiyoumen may guard these places to stop anyone ressurecting it but them.
FeelinLuckyPUNK
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III