Niao Sun/Chonghua/Tyojun-new description translated by Kiyuu

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:18 pm

Didn't Xuiying say there were 8 Bajiquan Buidokai moves, or something? Ryo already knows 2, the poetry scroll could be the3rd, and Baihu's move could be a 4th. Ryo could learn all of the moves.

That's interesting about the tortoise statue. This could be where the 4th leader is, assuming he's the tortoise. But it might also be a place where the treasure of the Qing dynasty is, and there's statues of all the 4 guardians there, just we can't see them all.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Malik Ishtahl » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:59 pm

Threres one thing that makes me mad about all of this, that shenmue video came out a LONG time ago...and if the video said "One of the Four leaders" why is it that we only found out about four leaders when shenmue.com had that picture????
Malik Ishtahl
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: Dre4life90
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: GTA Online

Postby Ziming » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:38 pm

Malik Ishtahl wrote:Threres one thing that makes me mad about all of this, that shenmue video came out a LONG time ago...and if the video said "One of the Four leaders" why is it that we only found out about four leaders when shenmue.com had that picture????

A generous member posted links to download the video last July and it is only now that we recieved a proper translation by Kiyuu.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby xatruio » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:08 pm

this is insane, i can't believe yu would go this mad in his dream of doing a story based game, but since the series has been brought down to 3, 3 is either gonna be absolutly huge going to all those palces, or theyll cut out a lot...
xatruio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:14 pm

shenmue III better be 12 dvds will the whole game XD
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

My Theories

Postby IveBeenCensored » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:49 pm

My theories:
Baihu: I doubt he's anyone too importants, or on of the leaders, since he just fights in the basement of a local gangs building. He may show up again, but it will probably be to give information to Ryo or tell him who to speak with. But I doubt he'll even show up in the first place.

Ziming: I know lots of people don't believe this, but I'm still thinking that he is Lan Di, there are lots of statements to go against this and for this

game length: Considering that theres 16 chapters, #1 was a whole game, #2 was simply about a one minute video at the end of 1 and another minute at the beginning of 2 (part on ship), #3, 4, 5 were 1 game, then Yu being forced to condense what was probably at least 3 games into one could have bad results. (we'll be lucky for one more game, I've given up hope on any more than that). The four leaders, peoples connections, the heavenly beasts, the mirrors, Shenhua, Ryo vs. Landi, Guizang and Ren returning, there is so much to do in one game. Lots will be cut out or else the game will rush you through everything. I can't see the game simply being huge (budget)
Last edited by IveBeenCensored on Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IveBeenCensored
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Mysteries....

Postby b_ren » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:56 pm

Hellraiser wrote:
Kiyuu wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:I doubt Master Baihu is Ziming since we are talking about Xuiyings older brother, he would most likely be equal or perhaps have higher skill then her in Baji-quan. (Baji-quan style originated from Meng-kun where Landi's father was murdered) Let's not forget his appearance in the comic, he could be one of the four leaders if he hangs around Niao-shun.

Now Baihu the fighter Ryo defeated could possibly be a recruiter for the Chiyoumen, as a final test before they joined the organization. Ryo could meet with Baihu again for one or both of the following reasons.

1. To be trained on a specific move from "Tiger Swallow style", perhaps from that mysterious move scroll that Guizhang translated? When Ryo first walked in from the elevator he saw Baihu's finish his opponent and said "What was that move?"

2. Fill Ryo in on the history of tiger swallow style and how it relates to Zhou Sungming. Maybe some further details on the deadly style Landi uses.

So you think both "Baihu" would appear in the sequel? Most Japanese say the Baihu, the recruiter,
wouldn't be strong enough to be one of the Four Leaders. Then, Ziming would be the Baihu
in Chiyou Men....rather confusing, isn't it? Well, we'll see.

About the Chinese scroll, I hear it's the description of a move of Baji-quan style, though I'm not sure
the English name for 八極拳(Hakkyoku-ken). The move is called 猛虎硬爬山(Mouko-kouhazan) in
Japanese. Akira of VF uses that move. Here's his demonstration. Click the link at his right toe:

http://www.sega-am2.co.jp/vf4evo/conten ... ndex.html#

It's the first move of the combination of two moves.

If it was a Baji-quan move Ryo could of shown it to Xuiying or maybe Yuanda Zhu himself for further details. I remember Guizhang saying this move can only be translated and passed down by the original master verbally. Did Iwao and Sungming Zhao somehow know a Baji-quan master in Meng-kun? We know they were training together and best of friends, perhaps Xuiying/Ziming learned the style from this same master? There are way too many questions........how much longer must we wait for these answers! :x

Would that not mean that Iwao knew the Tiger swallow style too then.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Mysteries....

Postby Kiyuu » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:35 pm

B_Ren wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:If it was a Baji-quan move Ryo could of shown it to Xuiying or maybe Yuanda Zhu himself for further details. I remember Guizhang saying this move can only be translated and passed down by the original master verbally. Did Iwao and Sungming Zhao somehow know a Baji-quan master in Meng-kun? We know they were training together and best of friends, perhaps Xuiying/Ziming learned the style from this same master? There are way too many questions........how much longer must we wait for these answers! :x

Would that not mean that Iwao knew the Tiger swallow style too then.

According to the Wulinshu, Sungming Zhao was a successor of Tiger swallow style.
And apparently, Iwao knew Zhao. That means iwao knew Tiger swallow style anyway.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby b_ren » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:56 am

So Iwao definently could have countered Lan Di but didn't.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiyuu » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:11 am

B_Ren wrote:So Iwao definently could have countered Lan Di but didn't.

Knowing is one thing, but mastering is another!! It depends how hard Iwao practiced it.
LanDi must have practiced it harder, as he was desperate for the revenge. ;)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby b_ren » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:22 am

I'm not sure Iwao seemed to train hard with everything he practised. He chose out his favorites and combined them for the Hazuki style. I have a feeling that Iwao could have killed Lan Di but didn't. Even the old guy in the harbor on Shenmue 1 said sometimes there is no point fighting.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiyuu » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:56 am

B_Ren wrote:I'm not sure Iwao seemed to train hard with everything he practised. He chose out his favorites and combined them for the Hazuki style. I have a feeling that Iwao could have killed Lan Di but didn't. Even the old guy in the harbor on Shenmue 1 said sometimes there is no point fighting.

Iwao could have let Lan Di kill him? Because he might have felt he's responsible somehow
for the death of Sungming Zhao, though he didn't kill him directly? Iwao just wanted to
make up for the death anyway? Well, I don't know. We'll see....
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby momo » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:51 am

amazing topic.
but it just makes more questions for us to think over!

i've just got a stupid idea, as there is so much ground to cover in a single game, what if they have gone quiet because they are making a rather large game? say 2dvds? and are now waiting for next gen console info instead of releasing information?

shenmue 2 was 4 chapters. 3,4,5,6. they must have ported chapters 7+8 from the dreamcast version (dont forget they had both shenmue 1+2+a bit more done on the saturn) hoping for the next release. thus only needing 2 more chapters to have another release. they must have (nearly) finished 7+8 on XB and then worked on 9+10 waiting for the green light to 'really' start.
just a stupid idea.

and baihu isnt a leader of chiyoumen, but i wont start my theories on that!!
momo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby momo » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:54 am

nah, whats the point of making a big game when you can sell two instead?
how much would it cost to package a shenmue 4 aswell?
wouldnt it make more sense to sell two games for $40/£40 each?
momo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby b_ren » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:25 am

Kiyuu wrote:
B_Ren wrote:I'm not sure Iwao seemed to train hard with everything he practised. He chose out his favorites and combined them for the Hazuki style. I have a feeling that Iwao could have killed Lan Di but didn't. Even the old guy in the harbor on Shenmue 1 said sometimes there is no point fighting.

Iwao could have let Lan Di kill him? Because he might have felt he's responsible somehow
for the death of Sungming Zhao, though he didn't kill him directly? Iwao just wanted to
make up for the death anyway? Well, I don't know. We'll see....

The strange thing is that Iwao probably knew that Lan Di was comming after leaving that letter on his desk for for Ryo to read. He mentions thats it's Ryo's choice to do what he wants and what path to take. So mabye Iwao knew that he had to die for a reason, a reason we could find out in Shenmue 3 but if he knew Lan Di was comming why did he say "It can't be, you" when he fights him in the dojo. You would think he would say something different as he knew he was comming to get him. I just can't wait to find out all the anwsers.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III