Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:27 am

So amazing they invited Adam Koralik over to Japan. Can't wait to see the video he talked about.

@Adam: Since when did you know? :)

To put it in Michael Huber's words: Yu Suzuki & Sega: Dream Makers! Getting it done! =D> =D> =D>

I fucking love you, Sega! I'll even buy Sonic games from now on. Cannot thank Sega enough.
Yu Suzuki & Sega: Dream Makers (Getting it Done)
User avatar
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: June 2015

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:31 am

Alright guys i have had some time to ponder on this and i have some things to say.

Firstly my god how jealous are all of us vets going to be of the people who get play these games for the first time? Think about THAT!

Secondly will the modern audience "get" Shenmue? And my prediction is that Shenmue is more ready to be recived than EVER before! Lets be honest Shenmue was way ahead of its time and I think the modern audience is much much more aware of japanese and asian culture, which many have argued was a huge barrier of these games when they originally came out, oh how the times have changed. But over the past 2 decades i believe its just become easier for a game like Shenmue to have a world wide audience (TY Yakuza! Your role in this is an entire different discussion for another topic!) and its time everyone relived the OG franchise!

Thirdly what this means for Shenmue 3. Well Sega has some how pulled the rabbit out of its hat and surprised everyone! Sure there was some hints here and these but with how jaded and let down this community had been over the years, its easy to see why any shenmue news is a surprise and feels foreign.

Now that these are coming i wanna approach Yu in his exec chair at YSNet give him a shoulder rub while saying "Relax my man, go ahead and take your sweet time with Shenmue 3, we have the remasters to tide us over and need time for them to gel with all these new players. Gravy train baby, GRAVY TRAIN!" hehe

And as my last thoughts ill leave everyone with this, Will Sega officially endorse Shenmue 3 or perhaps 4 and beyond when/if they are the success everyone is hoping for? Give Yu the remaining budget he needs to make the Shenmue 3 everything that fans want? How would kickstarter backers feel about this? Cant wait to see how everything unfolds from here! These Remasters are a game changer for everything moving forward, the ground work is set and everything is perfect now.

Long live Shenmue!!!

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
User avatar
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: April 2003

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:37 am

Can somebody please bestow upon me a PS4 copy?

I'm sure some of ye fans intend to buy multiple copies anyway, to support the franchise. If possible, please send one PS4 copy my way.

I was never a wealthy gamer, but this year has been the worst for me so far in many a regard and I'll most likely not be able to afford this when it comes out.
Dorian
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2007
Location: Poland
PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby drunkensailor » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:45 am

adam koralik is one of the most useless youtubers I can think of.

drunkensailor has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
User avatar
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: November 2005
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby Scribe86 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:57 am

drunkensailor wrote: adam koralik is one of the most useless youtubers I can think of.


Er no dude, well in my opinion Adam Koralik is an amazing YouTuber, not for just his passion for Shenmue but his knowledge, opinions and reviews. Considering he is firstly a Shenmue/Dreamcast fanatic he casts his net far. I’ve been subbed to him for over 5 years, personally one of my favourite YouTube personalities and I am sooo glad he got to experience this thanks to SOJ.. he deserves it being one of the louder spoke persons for Shenmue in recent years.

Scribe86 has received a thanks from: Aimless Gamer
Scribe86
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: July 2015

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby Saven » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:11 am

King John Blaze wrote: Just woke up to the news today with a very meh reaction. This was the chance to bring in news fans of the game with a remake, no a re-release. Wouldn't have cost a significant amount just to significantly update the graphics of the game. Day one purchase for me but can't help but feel this is a massive opportunity missed.


Oh, if only making video games or any software in general were that easy...

"YEAH, LETS REMAKE SHENMUE 1 AND 2! WE CAN DO IT IN A DAY!"

"OH WAIT, WE CAN'T FIND THE KEY IN UNREAL 4 THAT UNLOCKS THE INSTANT 4K GRAPHICS MODE! NEVERMIND!"

Saven has received 2 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, killthesagabeforeitkillsu
User avatar
Saven
Fuku-san
Fuku-san
 
Joined: July 2015
PSN: SavenForever
XBL: SavenForever
Steam: SavenForever
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:45 am

Still no update about this on shenmue.link. I hope Sega and YSNet will cooperate closely on the communication for these two titles.
Yu Suzuki & Sega: Dream Makers (Getting it Done)
User avatar
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: June 2015

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby Kintor » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:54 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: Still no update about this on shenmue.link. I hope Sega and YSNet will cooperate closely on the communication for these two titles.

To be fair it's the weekend, Sega has PR guys working now but the same might not be true of the other companies involved with Shenmue 3. With a bit of luck someone with access to the website will update the information first thing Monday morning.
User avatar
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: June 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby drunkensailor » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:46 am

Scribe86 wrote:
drunkensailor wrote: adam koralik is one of the most useless youtubers I can think of.


Er no dude, well in my opinion Adam Koralik is an amazing YouTuber, not for just his passion for Shenmue but his knowledge, opinions and reviews. Considering he is firstly a Shenmue/Dreamcast fanatic he casts his net far. I’ve been subbed to him for over 5 years, personally one of my favourite YouTube personalities and I am sooo glad he got to experience this thanks to SOJ.. he deserves it being one of the louder spoke persons for Shenmue in recent years.

he doesn't seem passionate at all.
User avatar
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: November 2005
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby BlueMue » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:58 am

May I remind you of this?

phpBB [video]

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Aimless Gamer
User avatar
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: August 2008
Location: Germany
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby Peter » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:00 pm

drunkensailor wrote:
Scribe86 wrote:
drunkensailor wrote: adam koralik is one of the most useless youtubers I can think of.


Er no dude, well in my opinion Adam Koralik is an amazing YouTuber, not for just his passion for Shenmue but his knowledge, opinions and reviews. Considering he is firstly a Shenmue/Dreamcast fanatic he casts his net far. I’ve been subbed to him for over 5 years, personally one of my favourite YouTube personalities and I am sooo glad he got to experience this thanks to SOJ.. he deserves it being one of the louder spoke persons for Shenmue in recent years.

he doesn't seem passionate at all.


Much like the majority of your posts, yet we have to tolerate you.
Image

Peter has received 3 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, SheepheadCG, VukBZ2005
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby Reprise » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: Still no update about this on shenmue.link. I hope Sega and YSNet will cooperate closely on the communication for these two titles.


I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. I would have thought or liked for their to be some sort of semi-joint announcement or for Ys to have at least acknowledged it. I know Shenmue 3 is its own separate thing at this point (and I'm not one of those optimistic people who thinks this all means that Sega is going to bring Shenmue back in house and will fund a Shenmue 4, 5, 6 and so on), but they are all part of the same franchise and some sort of co-operation for marketing and PR should be done.
User avatar
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: March 2009
Location: somewhere deep in the UK...

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby OL » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:27 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Well Sega has some how pulled the rabbit out of its hat and surprised everyone!


Except for... well, me I guess.
Was this really so much of a surprise to everyone? It seemed totally inevitable to me.
I'm actually far more surprised by how surprised everyone else seems.
Image
User avatar
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III
 
Joined: May 2003

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:59 pm

Saven wrote:
King John Blaze wrote: Just woke up to the news today with a very meh reaction. This was the chance to bring in news fans of the game with a remake, no a re-release. Wouldn't have cost a significant amount just to significantly update the graphics of the game. Day one purchase for me but can't help but feel this is a massive opportunity missed.


Oh, if only making video games or any software in general were that easy...

"YEAH, LETS REMAKE SHENMUE 1 AND 2! WE CAN DO IT IN A DAY!"

"OH WAIT, WE CAN'T FIND THE KEY IN UNREAL 4 THAT UNLOCKS THE INSTANT 4K GRAPHICS MODE! NEVERMIND!"


With most of our Dreamcasts dying off. This is a way of preserving Shenmue in it's original as was intended to be for generations ahead.
Image

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received a thanks from: Reprise
User avatar
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2008

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby Painmaster212 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:20 pm

So a quick question about the game graphics. Are they remastered in HD or is this a port upscaled? I keep seeing conflicting reports.
Painmaster212
Fuku-san
Fuku-san
 
Joined: March 2015
Location: Virginia
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOH: Trails In The Sky SC

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net