Release Date Speculation

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

When will Shenmue 1&2 HD release in 2018? (Total votes: 76)

April - June
9%
July - September
36%
October - December
55%

Re: Release Date Speculation

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Knowing that Shenmue 3 will be released in 2019 (sure 2 half of the year) it wouldn't surprise me Sega releases HD this december.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby darksniper » Fri May 18, 2018 7:57 pm

March 2019 for Shenmue HD
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Telekill » Sat May 19, 2018 7:46 am

darksniper wrote: March 2019 for Shenmue HD

Wouldn't THAT be a kick to the f**king balls.

Telekill has received a thanks from: GYO6161
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Steenkoud » Thu May 24, 2018 12:56 pm

I'm okay with that date if they redo voice dub.
Steenkoud
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby newyokohama » Thu May 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Steenkoud wrote:

I'm okay with that date if they redo voice dub.

The difference of players' opinions is unique and pretty refreshing if I say so myself. If English dubs were redone, this would break the deal for me, until the inevitable PC hack to get the DC English voices was created.
newyokohama
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Catchup

Postby sand4fish » Thu May 24, 2018 6:26 pm

^ Though I doubt they would invest in a redub, don't you think it'd be refreshing to play these games with a brand new cast? I think it's not a big stretch to say that most of the Shenmue fans if not all already played a "HD" version of these games by now. If so, giving a fresh coat of paint in the voice acting department would do wonders for the future of the series IMO. Fans might love the original and find it charming, but I doubt that sentiment will be shared among those experiencing Shenmue for the first time in this day and age. If the d3t studio is redoing the controls to fit modern gaming era, might as well redo its presentation as well.

Again, just a wishful thinking as I don't think d3t would redub the games but still, I'd love to play them again with a new English speaking cast if I could.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Niowiad » Fri May 25, 2018 6:41 pm

I highly doubt as well...
That definitely sounds like too much work and money for the kind and size of the project we're talking about.
Two games, not even a single game, two games... with tons of dialogues and characters.
I'd be surprised if they put in the uncompressed audio and I'm fine if they don't, but the sole idea of them completely re-doing the voices sounds slightly crazy to me :-k

Back on topic, my idea stays pretty much the same as it was before S3 was delayed 8-[
I still think HD remasters by the second half of 2018 and Shenmue3 in the second/late half of 2019
Niowiad
Master of the Three Blades

Postby GYO6161 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:19 pm

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/ ... 2268955648
''Details soon! Hang in there, it'll be worth the wait ;)''

I wonder what the worth the wait could be hinting at. Reminds me when sega was initially hyping the Sega Fes announcement. Maybe the collection is coming much closer than we think? Who knows just speculating of course. Could easily be nothing.

GYO6161 has received a thanks from: Kiske
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Sappharad » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:33 pm

GYO6161 wrote: https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/ ... 2268955648
''Details soon! Hang in there, it'll be worth the wait ;)''

I wonder what the worth the wait could be hinting at. Reminds me when sega was initially hyping the Sega Fes announcement. Maybe the collection is coming much closer than we think? Who knows just speculating of course. Could easily be nothing.

I'm also wondering what 'soon' means. As posted in the random thread, Shenmue I & II is not part of their list of titles that they're going to show at E3 this year. At least, they did not mention it in the press release at all, and the two surprises they teased were the localizations of the two Persona dancing games which they posted the trailer for this morning.

It's not like the ports are secret anymore, so them omitting it from their E3 schedule but teasing news 'soon' is confusing. Maybe they'll just drop new details on social media next week instead.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ceej » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:52 am

Newegg changed the release date and never reached back out to me like they said they would after I opened a ticket. I'm calling it, Shenmue I & II HD will be released in the US on Tuesday 6/26.
Ceej

Postby punkmanced » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:15 pm

^ That would be awesome.
...and I would have to get a PS4 Pro sooner than anticipated. Damn ;)
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Telekill » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:20 pm

Ceej wrote: Newegg changed the release date and never reached back out to me like they said they would after I opened a ticket. I'm calling it, Shenmue I & II HD will be released in the US on Tuesday 6/26.

That would be epic. It would also fall in line with what I was hoping for. Have some Shenmue 3 footage on the Playstation stage and then have Yu or someone say, "and while you wait for Shenmue 3, catch up on the story with the HD Collection releasing next week"!

While not the next week, that's pretty damn close.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Sappharad » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:29 pm

Telekill wrote:That would be epic. It would also fall in line with what I was hoping for. Have some Shenmue 3 footage on the Playstation stage and then have Yu or someone say, "and while you wait for Shenmue 3, catch up on the story with the HD Collection releasing next week"!

Not going to happen. Sony's E3 presentations haven't been that format since 2015. They're reserved for AAA titles now where they spend most of the time showing trailers and gameplay with very little talking. The lesser stuff has been pushed forward to before their keynote, which this year they started on Wednesday with a new announcement each day and will probably drop some news in their pre-keynote presentation on Monday. I liked the old format better, but based on the fact that they've announced several things already they're definitely continuing with the format started in 2016.

There was confirmation on Twitter this morning that Sega hasn't yet revealed the schedule of their E3 live streams yet and that is supposed to be posted this weekend. So there's still a chance despite the game not being part of their E3 schedule that they might have a livestream session of it.

Edit: Oh, and it looks like Sony already confirmed that their main E3 keynote this year will only focus on 4 already announced games. (Spiderman, Death Stranding, Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima) All other announcements are going to be prior to that.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ceej » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:07 pm

https://twitter.com/AdamKoralik/status/ ... 4256989184

Corey Marshall is going to be at the Sega booth at E3 on Wednesday with Adam Koralik. Shenmue on 6/26, book it. 8)
Ceej

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:10 pm

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/1005526304777822208

Reiteration from SEGA that Shenmue I & II will not be at E3.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release