Return of the Passport?

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Re: Return of the Passport?

Postby BlueMue » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:26 pm

While looking at the list of my videos, something struck me when I saw the thumbnail of Shenmue Goodies.
For those who haven't seen it, or don't know what Shenmue Goodies is, I'll put the video up here.

phpBB [video]

This is a feature on the Passport disc and the question that crossed my mind is how could they possibly handle this.
Will this be the downfall of the entire Passport or will they just remove this one bit? Or maybe they can make those animations show up directly on the screen, maybe inside a VMU emulator even?

Speaking of the VMU, I wonder if there will be an option to have its display show up on the screen during gameplay.
There is not a whole lot of use in it while just playing, displaying a static image, but when learning a move it does something. Shenmue II also had a bar for Jianmin's tree but that has been integrated into the HUD in the Xbox version already. Now I won't be disappointed in any way if they don't do this but to get the fullest of a full experience, the VMU mustn't be forgotten.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Return of the Passport?

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:15 pm

The fact that there's been absolutely no mention of this yet leaves me to be a bit pessimistic about us getting this as well but I'd love to be wrong. I'd love to participate in the leaderboards for the arcade games. :P
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Previous

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release