(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

Postby GYO6161 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:15 pm

Was expecting 40, great news! this is just too good of a deal. 15 dollars per game. \:D/
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:23 pm

24.99 would have been a fairer price but I'm relieved not to see Sega making a dumb decision.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:30 pm

$29.99 seems reasonable considering they're offering dual audio, new UI, new and classic control schemes, and whatever else they have planned (they did say "& more" after all).

As per the Game Informer article improved textures also seem to be on the cards, and looking particularly at the Shenmue II screens it looks like they're trying to split the difference between the Dreamcast and Xbox versions. If they're porting from source code too, it's not an insignificant task and they're asking a pretty decent amount for it at that.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Telekill » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:37 pm

$30 is a steal. I was totally expecting the usual $60 asking price.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Scribe86 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:43 pm

I think most of us would have paid full price for this, but at that price point it is even more accessible to the masses. You split the difference $15 for each game is an absolute bargain considering the content and second hand pricing on DC & OG Xbox. Just makes my spending less extravagant, which is a good thing.. as I’m getting all 3 releases & I don’t even own an Xbox One. This will reach way further than any Shenmue had done so in the past. Can’t wait

Scribe86 has received 2 thanks from: mikec_ct, VukBZ2005
Scribe86
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ShenSun » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Wow, that is a bargain if i ever saw one. The amount of value for such a price is insane.

I'll buy 4 copies, sod it.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:46 pm

I will be buying 2 copies of each for my personal collection.

Also, 5 of each to drive around Belfast and just throw them out at random spots from the car window.

Peter has received 5 thanks from: Anonymous81, Axm, James Brown, Let's Get Sweaty, Yama
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:47 pm

The price is low, but it's an HD up-render, not a remake, so that price was chosen wisely.

Alas, it's still too much for me as I'm completely broke this year. As I've already said in the announcement thread...

Can somebody please bestow upon me a PS4 copy?

I'm sure some of ye fans intend to buy multiple copies anyway, to support the franchise. If possible, please send one PS4 copy my way.

I was never a wealthy gamer, but this year has been the worst for me so far in many a regard and I'll most likely not be able to afford this when it comes out.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Dorian wrote: The price is low, but it's an HD up-render, not a remake, so that price was chosen wisely.

Alas, it's still too much for me as I'm completely broke this year. As I've already said in the announcement thread...

I'm sure some of ye fans intend to buy multiple copies anyway, to support the franchise. If possible, please send one PS4 copy my way.

I was never a wealthy gamer, but this year has been the worst for me so far in many a regard and I'll most likely not be able to afford this when it comes out.

I've got you covered.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Dorian wrote: The price is low, but it's an HD up-render, not a remake, so that price was chosen wisely.

Dorian wrote: I would never donate that stuff to a children's hospital. Most of this stuff is retro and they wouldn't be interested in it, let alone be able to actually appreciate it. The modern stuff would be destroyed by them in a second. You obviously have no idea how children hospitals work. They want durable toys that are easy to use. Maybe some of my stuff would find some use for teenagers at an oncology clinic or other place where you are sustained for a long time, but I still wouldn't donate any of my current stuff to anybody in a hospital because something like that would be a hollow gesture. People like that need real friendships and real goals, not stupid shit like 2 hours of video games per week under surveillance. Used gaming stuff as a donation? Get a fucking grip.

Bit ironic isnt it.

This is the second time you have came back here after 6 years pandering for a free game. There wont be a third.

Peter has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:I've got you covered.

Life saving, dude. This year was like a bad dream becoming true for me so far, but this Shenmue announcement restored me some measure of hope. Unfortunately, I can't picture myself with the cash, even if it's just $30 (especially since it will be more like $45 in my country - we always get sick markups on console games). I can't even replace a broken DualShock 3 for a month now, even though most of my games are on PS3 and it's vital for me to have it. You cannot get water out of a stone, as the saying goes.
Bit ironic isnt it.

No, it's not ironic. You have no idea what I meant in that post. Per usual, your ignorance overshadows your enthusiasm for Shenmue. Some things never change.
This is the second time you have came back here after 6 years pandering for a free game.

No, it's the first time. I asked for a Yakuza game before I left for (nearly) 6 years. Also, "pandering" is just your Ill-willed interpretation.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Aimless Gamer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:38 pm

I'm a disabled gamer and spent a ton of time in childrens hospitals and I would have loved retro games.
Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Aimless Gamer wrote: I'm a disabled gamer and spent a ton of time in childrens hospitals and I would have loved retro games.

That wasn't the point. Hospitals are not amusement arcades. What hospitals need is highly qualified staff and modern equipment, so that patients can go back home to their loved ones as soon as possible. Children's hospitals have greater psychosocial needs because children and young people may be stranded there for a long time and they get bored, but playing retro video games to one's heart content is not a part of a hospital life since we're talking about sick people who are cared for daily. This whole discussion was a logical fallacy posted by one of the users here and it served as a form of emotional manipulation - argumentum ad passiones. Instead of talking strictly about the facts which had been presented, persuasive emotional language was used to create an absurd mental picture where I kill innocent babies. It was deplorable and I wasn't about to give in to that absurdity. I've written a factual response and there's nothing wrong with it. It was idiotic to assume that somebody living in poverty can alleviate the hospital pains of children when governments and charitable organizations can't handle the problem for decades. If people choose to give in to that idiotic argumentum ad passiones, it's their choice to be manipulated.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:20 pm

This wasnt a debate. Your post above...i dont even know where to begin to fathom how your mind works but somehow you bring up killing babies? WTF? But i can assure you that whilst you may think in your own head you sound logical, you are speaking to someone who has worked in a Childrens hospital for over 10 years, so dont even go down the road of your logic knows better than my experience.

In regards to asking for a free game on the site? Not happening.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: BigTuna, VukBZ2005
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release