Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Peter wrote: This wasnt a debate. Your post above...i dont even know where to begin to fathom how your mind works but somehow you bring up killing babies? WTF? But i can assure you that whilst you may think in your own head you sound logical, you are speaking to someone who has worked in a Childrens hospital for over 10 years, so dont even go down the road of your logic knows better than my experience.

In regards to asking for a free game on the site? Not happening.

The debate back then with Riku was OBVIOUSLY referred to. The mental image of me killing innocent babies in children's hospitals was created by him back then with that deplorable argumentum ad passiones.

For once, you could put the minimum effort in reading into something the other fellow has to say, instead of glancing at it and taking parts out of context.

You think it's so bad when a poverty-stricken person asks for help in playing Shenmue I-II HD for 30 dollars? You know what? I pity you. You're so deep into your irrational hate rooted in your lack of understanding that you're bringing out that personal vendetta you have against me EVEN THOUGH you said it yourself that you're willing to throw free copies of this game out of the window.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Scribe86 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Peter wrote: I will be buying 2 copies of each for my personal collection.

Also, 5 of each to drive around Belfast and just throw them out at random spots from the car window.

I envision this Like a game of paperboy from the NES
Scribe86
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:50 pm

I like the idea of hiding copies around public places, as odd as it is...
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:50 pm

I’m going to buy 5 copies and donate 4 to local children hospitals because I’m a nice guy.

Riku Rose has received 5 thanks from: Amir, Axm, MiTT3NZ, OL, VukBZ2005
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby oldman82 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:53 pm

So is that price (29.99) for the 1 and 2?
oldman82
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: bioshock games

Postby BlueMue » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:55 pm

At this price point it will probably sell quite well. I will surely buy multiple copies of each version. One to play, one to stay (sealed). It might be fun to hunt down the different language covers like with the Xbox Shenmue II.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jibby » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:55 pm

oldman82 wrote: So is that price (29.99) for the 1 and 2?

Yeah, that'll be for both of them.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby oldman82 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:57 pm

29.99 for the two seems ok i suppose .

" Shenmue I & II is an open world action adventure"

It says this on the steam page .
I'm wondering how they're gonna do it ,like will it be two separate games or have they combined them in some way.

Might be one download from steam ,they're making it sound like one by saying 'is' instead of 'are'.

So they could be integrated with one UI.

Maybe i'm overthinking this :)
oldman82
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: bioshock games

Postby Jibby » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:15 pm

oldman82 wrote: 29.99 for the two seems ok i suppose .

" Shenmue I & II is an open world action adventure"

It says this on the steam page .
I'm wondering how they're gonna do it ,like will it be two separate games or have they combined them in some way.

Might be one download from steam ,they're making it sound like one by saying 'is' instead of 'are'.

So they could be integrated with one UI.

Maybe i'm overthinking this :)

It'll definitely be one download. Most HD collections boot to a menu where you pick which game to play. I don't think Shenmue will be any different. It would be incredible though if they made the transition from I to II seamless! II pretty much starts out exactly where I finishes off so it wouldn't even be that jarring.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Peter wrote: I will be buying 2 copies of each for my personal collection.

Also, 5 of each to drive around Belfast and just throw them out at random spots from the car window.

Are you going to be doing another Let's Play? I liked the one I saw on S2!
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Niowiad » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:22 pm

$15 for each game (also in physical edition), is a steal even for the crappiest port.
I was pretty confident they were going with both games at $60. Very good.
Niowiad
Master of the Three Blades

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:39 pm

I wonder if they'll have two separate games, or the chapters smoothly transitioning together. Like as soon as 1 is done it goes to the boat trip to Hong Kong. It'd be great to have the missing chapter, but we've been begging for Shenmue HD for long enough. We have no right to ask for more than that!

Shenmue 3 might have it though.
Last edited by BlueCreeperBoy12 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCreeperBoy12

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Aimless Gamer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Dorian wrote:
Peter wrote: This wasnt a debate. Your post above...i dont even know where to begin to fathom how your mind works but somehow you bring up killing babies? WTF? But i can assure you that whilst you may think in your own head you sound logical, you are speaking to someone who has worked in a Childrens hospital for over 10 years, so dont even go down the road of your logic knows better than my experience.

The debate back then with Riku was OBVIOUSLY referred to. The mental image of me killing innocent babies in children's hospitals was created by him back then with that deplorable argumentum ad passiones.

For once, you could put the minimum effort in reading into something the other fellow has to say, instead of glancing at it and taking parts out of context.

You think it's so bad when a poverty-stricken person asks for help in playing Shenmue I-II HD for 30 dollars? You know what? I pity you. You're so deep into your irrational hate rooted in your lack of understanding that you're bringing out that personal vendetta you have against me EVEN THOUGH you said it yourself that you're willing to throw free copies of this game out of the window.

so you pity him because him because he doesn't want people begging on the site but kids that play games in hospitals is bad? gaming for me then was a welcome distraction from pain.

Aimless Gamer has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Aimless Gamer

XBL: Aimless Gamer

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Merging the games would not make sense. People who only beat Shenmue 1 may want to play straight Shenmue 2. And devs have more than enough work to do with engine tweaking and releasing the game before Shenmue 3.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:57 pm

Dorian wrote:

Chances are S1 & 2 HD will come out during the second half of 2018. You've got at least three months time to save up 30 bucks.

And if it takes you six months to save up 30 bucks, it's gonna take you six months. 5 bucks a month. Come on.

You've even got enough time to start working a (second) job before the games will come out. I believe in you. You can do it.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release