So Xbox Huh? Shenmue 1 & 2 HD

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

So Xbox Huh? Shenmue 1 & 2 HD

Postby TheThirdComing » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:05 pm

I see from the traler the Shenmue HD Remaster is coming to Xbox One... this strikes me as odd as there has been no confirmation for Shenmue III for Xbox One has there? It reminds me of the Kingdom Hearts situation but in reverse - They're still getting Kingdmo Hearts III but they've had no REMix Remasters liek the PS4 has enjoyed.

With that in mind, are they're any Xbox One owners out there Hungry for this, of course Shenmye II did arrive on the OG Xbox and not PS2 so it's quite interesting.

PS4 (PRO) is my choice hands down.
TheThirdComing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: So Xbox Huh? Shenmue 1 & 2 HD

Postby ShenSun » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:08 pm

I'll buy an Xbox One copy just to show my support and for the collection. I don't even own a Xbox One Lol

I'm sure Shenmue 3 will come out on the Xbox One down the road if the HD ones are successful.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Telekill » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:15 pm

I don't own and won't support the X1 version of the HD remasters but I would say that the more platforms Shenmue is on, the better. I would be a bit shocked if Shenmue 3 didn't eventually end up on a version of the X1 at some point.

I'm supporting PS4 as my Shenmue platform of choice. Hoping the next Playstation will be PS4 backwards compatible as I don't see Shenmue 4 making it out during the PS4's lifespan.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby BlueMue » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Well Shenmue I&II is handled by Sega so it's not in the same boat as III. And naturally they want to make most out of those ports so why not offer it on Xbox One aswell. With that being said the rather more odd thing is that they left out the Switch. But I actually think that has a positive side as the game could be geared more towards powerful hardware.

I'll love it on the One for the achievements. Said this a couple of times today alone but it has been a dream of mine for a long time to get achievemets while playing my absolute favorite games.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:57 pm

SEGA and YSnet are operating independently, and MS missed out on III when they failed to offer YSnet an acceptable deal for support. Simple as that.

I think III will hit Xbox eventually, but they didn't back up their lip service to the series like Sony did.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release