Shenmue HD Fact sheet

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Re: Shenmue HD Fact sheet

Postby vnisanian2001 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:20 pm

Has the ability to use the save file for S2 confirmed just yet?
vnisanian2001
Master of the Three Blades

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:44 pm

I said this on a Facebook, but this is your chance to let Sega know you weren’t just full of it when you Tweeted them every month. You didn’t Tweet #saveshenmuehd(as long as it’s the perfect remake I envisioned in my head). Be happy Sega listened and do your part for the community. Buy this remaster! The only thing that’ll make Sega listen now is your money. Make this count.
Last edited by mjq jazz bar on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mjq jazz bar has received 3 thanks from: Anonymous81, Spaghetti, VukBZ2005
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby GYO6161 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:20 pm

Thanks GOD that they didn't lose the Source Code. [-o<

GYO6161 has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:24 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: Reading that they have experience with porting AAA games to PS4 (The Witcher 3, Little Big Planet) I have much more faith than I did before, not having heard of the studio name before.

I think it's gonna be a great port. Also if they're using the original Dreamcast source code it is feasible that they could add many of the QOL features from Shenmue II to Shenmue I.

For example in Shenmue I there are times when Ryo would automatically walk up or down steps without the player actively controlling him. I know that seems small but for me it's a big deal. Like, I don't want to wait until the walking up stairs animation finishes if I want to change my mind and go in the other direction. That's pretty damn annoying, and it was fixed in Shenmue II.

Good question to ask to Yu. Were the automatic stairs made with purpose? Or was it because they didn't have time to implement the full physics and animation?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby SheepheadCG » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:05 am

Might be too early to say as of yet, but some stores in the UK have just released their pre-orders. Both the retailers so far include a FREE POSTER of the original art. So it looks like this might be included with every physical version.

Prices so far are £23.99 and £26.85.

http://www.simplygames.com/p/shenmue-i--ii-ps4
https://www.365games.co.uk/ps4-games/shenmue-i-and-ii-ps4-game
Edit: Also on ShopTo.net £26.86 - no mention of the poster here though - release date is placeholder 31.12.2018.
https://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4SH34-shenmue-i-ii

Simply games lists the release date as 28th September, but 365 has TBC. I have tweeted at SimplyGames to ask if it is a placeholder date.

Also... How fucking awesome is it to see this slap bang in the main header of the site!!!
**Sorry for my over use of chrome tabs**

SheepheadCG has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, johnvivant
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby SheepheadCG » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 am

Just a new tweet from Adam Koralik:
https://twitter.com/AdamKoralik/status/ ... 0503997440

"Shenmue rumors claim the time skip/waiting feature of Shenmue II has been added to Shenmue I. This is NOT true. Feature remains in Shenmue II, is not in Shenmue I."

Obviously not a bad thing and IMO kinda takes away something from the game :) Might be a good idea for the fact sheet atm. It could change in the future I guess.

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: Kiske
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:54 am

SheepheadCG wrote: Just a new tweet from Adam Koralik:
https://twitter.com/AdamKoralik/status/ ... 0503997440

"Shenmue rumors claim the time skip/waiting feature of Shenmue II has been added to Shenmue I. This is NOT true. Feature remains in Shenmue II, is not in Shenmue I."

Obviously not a bad thing and IMO kinda takes away something from the game :) Might be a good idea for the fact sheet atm. It could change in the future I guess.

I may skip the first game in that case.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Jibby » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:56 am

Honestly, I don't think timeskipping really has a place in Shenmue I. The features I'd like to see make the leap to Shenmue I is the button interface from II, saving anywhere, and enemy health meters.

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: Gen, SheepheadCG
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:10 am

Jibby wrote: Honestly, I don't think timeskipping really has a place in Shenmue I.

I agree. Forcing the player to wait for a day and pay attention to opening/closing-hours was obviously a design-choice and something that contributed to a sense of realism and immersion. They shouldn't alter that original design just because gamers have become more impatient nowadays.

Gen has received 2 thanks from: celsowm, Reprise
Gen

Postby Senpai Gamer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:35 pm

Question: Will both games require a high end PC? i dont think they should since they are old games. I own a craptop hence why i am asking. I am stuck on whether to buy PC or PS4. The Craptop is mine but PS4 is my brothers, so i would prefer the PC version but can i run it is what im concerned about.
Senpai Gamer
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Dragon Quest IX

Postby johnvivant » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:22 am

Senpai Gamer wrote: Question: Will both games require a high end PC? i dont think they should since they are old games. I own a craptop hence why i am asking. I am stuck on whether to buy PC or PS4. The Craptop is mine but PS4 is my brothers, so i would prefer the PC version but can i run it is what im concerned about.

recommended specs have not yet been released, but as you say, given they are older games i don't think it'll be too demanding.

I updated the fact sheet, btw

johnvivant has received a thanks from: Senpai Gamer
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SheepheadCG » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:37 am

Senpai Gamer wrote: Question: Will both games require a high end PC? i dont think they should since they are old games. I own a craptop hence why i am asking. I am stuck on whether to buy PC or PS4. The Craptop is mine but PS4 is my brothers, so i would prefer the PC version but can i run it is what im concerned about.

As others have said, I'd expect that the requirements will be pretty low. If you are worried, buy it directly from Steam (instead of a grey market key) as if it doesn't run/doesn't run well, you can get a refund as long as you haven't played the game for over 2 hours. You can then use the money to get the PS4 version on your brother's PS4 as a last resort :)

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: Senpai Gamer
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jesse » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:54 pm

According to a translation of the Famitsu article. The gameplay is 16:9 while cutscenes are 4:3. Also they are 70% done.
Jesse

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:07 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: I said this on a Facebook, but this is your chance to let Sega know you weren’t just full of it when you Tweeted them every month. You didn’t Tweet #saveshenmuehd(as long as it’s the perfect remake I envisioned in my head). Be happy Sega listened and do your part for the community. Buy this remaster! The only thing that’ll make Sega listen now is your money. Make this count.

Here here.

The games are coming back on disk, with new controls, dual audio, cleaned up UI, and more. A few years ago people were climbing the walls for even Blitworks' emulated port they'd knocked up as a prototype.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby d3tAllan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Dorian wrote: d3t. Now I know why the remaster has errors like wrong eye movement and aspect ratio. Somebody needs to reach out to them and explain a few things they're doing improperly before the console versions are baked.

I think the eye thing has been fixed now.

d3tAllan
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release