Shenmue HD Fact sheet

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Shenmue HD Fact sheet

Postby johnvivant » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:44 am

I just put together this helpful fact sheet of all we know so far.

Shenmue HD fact sheet

includes both Shenmue 1 and 2

Technical:
-1080p for consoles
-Scalable screen resolutions for PC
-Trophy/Achievement support
-Dual control scheme - updated or classic
-Dual audio language options - English and Japanese
-French, German, Korean, Chinese, English, Japanese subtitles
-New HD UI (user interface)
-Port is based on the ORIGINAL DREAMCAST SOURCE CODE – no emulation

CONFIRMED:
- An artwork (?) poster comes with all standard physical copies of the game.
- NO collectors edition is planned
- Shenmue 1 will NOT include time skipping feature
- There are NO CURRENT plans to include a save transfer feature that carries over to Shenmue 3
- The version of Shenmue 2 included is based on the original Xbox port (the improved real-time shadows will carry over)

UNCONFIRMED:
-Gameplay supports 16:9 widescreen but cut-scenes only display in 4:3
-New sky box for Shenmue 1
- New lighting

The following questions remain unanswered:
-What aspect ratio will the games run at? will there be a choice? -UNKNOWN
-Will the bloom effect be included in Shenmue 2? if so will there be an option to turn it off? - UNKNOWN
-Will the motion blur effect be included in Shenmue 2? (i'd rather it wasn't) If so, will there be an option to turn it off?- UNKNOWN
-Will the passport features of Shenmue 1 be included? - UNKNOWN
-Will the 'Shenmue collection' extras from Shenmue 2 be included? - UNKNOWN
-Will the photo mode option of Shenmue 2x be retained? if so will the comics still unlock when one has collected all the required NPC photos? UNKNOWN
-Will there be any enhancements for XBox one X or ps4 pro? - UNKNOWN
-Will the audio be improved over the original release, e.g. uncompressed dialogue audio? - UNKNOWN
-Will the Guilin intro music from the xbox port be corrected? (the wrong track was used in the original xbox port - the cut-scene where Ryo steps off the boat)- UNKNOWN
-Will the skybox from Shenmue 1 be improved? (original was very pixilated) - UNKNOWN
-Were there any licenced products that had to be removed from the games? if so what? - UNKNOWN
- Will the loading times be significantly reduced? - UNKNOWN
- Will there be a greater number of save slots available for Shenmue 1 and 2? if so how many? UNKNOWN
- Will the 'save and exit' option remain for Shenmue 1 or will a 'save anywhere' feature be added? UNKNOWN
- Will an 'exit to title screen' option be added (rather than having to hold down face buttons and start)? UNKNOWN
- Will controller vibration feedback be added to the games? UNKNOWN

Publisher:
-Sega

Developer of the re-master:
-d3t - are located in Cheshire, England, whose previous work includes the PS4 port of Witcher 3, Little Big Planet 3 and Sega’s Mega drive collection.

“We can finally reveal that the d3t team have been resurrecting Shenmue from the original source code written over 20 years ago! We are bringing Shenmue and Shenmue II to modern platforms: Playstation4, Xbox One and PC. It's been a journey of discovery, delving into the original code, also an honour and a privilege to work on such high-profile titles, delivering this classic franchise to new platforms and new audiences.”

https://d3tltd.com/

Release info:
-Release date - 2018 TBA
-PS4 & XBOX ONE – both Physical and digital release (EU and North America)
-PC – Steam (EU and NA)
-Japan – PS4 ONLY

Price :
-US$29.99 (£20 -£25)
Last edited by johnvivant on Wed May 09, 2018 5:40 am, edited 15 times in total.

johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: Shenmue HD Fact sheet

Postby ShenSun » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:51 am

Thanks for this John. Very useful to have a concise post with all the facts and assumptions.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:56 am

johnvivant wrote:-1080p
-Scalable screen resolutions for PC

Isn't the second the parent of the first?
edit:I forgot the consoles oops
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby BlueMue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:47 am

Japanese subtitles may not be entirely right. The box for that isn't checked, only for Japanese language.
By the looks of things Japan will get its own unique version and on PS4 only.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:56 am

Where did the confirmation come from they're working with the source code? I assume they are considering we know it exists (thanks to Yu saying it was made available for III), but I've not seen it said/written by an official source yet.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby returnedfate » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:03 pm

So time skip is not confirmed
returnedfate
Banned
Banned

Postby TheThreeevils » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:09 pm

"We can finally reveal that the d3t team have been resurrecting Shenmue from the original source code written over 20 years ago", from D3T's official Facebook page.

TheThreeevils has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
TheThreeevils
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

XBL: TheThreeevils

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:14 pm

TheThreeevils wrote: "We can finally reveal that the d3t team have been resurrecting Shenmue from the original source code written over 20 years ago", from D3T's official Facebook page.

Oh god it's right there in the OP as well, hahaha.

Very good news though.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: TheThreeevils
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Dorian » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:18 pm

d3t. Now I know why the remaster has errors like wrong eye movement and aspect ratio. Somebody needs to reach out to them and explain a few things they're doing improperly before the console versions are baked.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Peter » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Dorian wrote: d3t. Now I know why the remaster has errors like wrong eye movement and aspect ratio. Somebody needs to reach out them and explain a few things they're doing improperly before the console versions are baked.

I'm pretty much done with your toxicity and constant negative attitude. This is your last..... Last warning. It's not 2012 anymore, and the toxic place this once was, isn't what it's like anymore. Not as long as I own it. Change the attitude or find another site to visit.

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Dorian » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Peter wrote:
Dorian wrote: d3t. Now I know why the remaster has errors like wrong eye movement and aspect ratio. Somebody needs to reach out them and explain a few things they're doing improperly before the console versions are baked.

I'm pretty much done with your toxicity and constant negative attitude. This is your last..... Last warning. It's not 2012 anymore, and the toxic place this once was, isn't what it's like anymore. Not as long as I own it. Change the attitude or find another site to visit.

The aspect ratio and eye movement are WRONG. Does your hate blind you so much to deny objective facts noticed by others on this board the very first day the trailer was made public?
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Dorian wrote:
Peter wrote:

The aspect ratio and eye movement are WRONG. Does your hate blind you so much to deny objective facts noticed by others on this board the very first day the trailer was made public?

Have you read the line on the video? It's WIP. We cannot know if it's an error yet.

Yokosuka has received 2 thanks from: Elevensixty, VukBZ2005
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Dorian » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Yokosuka wrote:Have you read the line on the video? It's WIP. We cannot know if it's an error yet.

Yes, that's why we have time to point out those errors before it's too late. Instead, some people pretend there are no errors. This dev team doesn't have experience with 4:3 DC games. We need to send them as much feedback as possible before the remaster is completed.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Dorian wrote: d3t. Now I know why the remaster has errors like wrong eye movement and aspect ratio. Somebody needs to reach out to them and explain a few things they're doing improperly before the console versions are baked.

You could do that yourself. Since you've been so vocal about it, why try to persuade someone else?

Since the game and developer have just been announced, I'm sure they'll appreciate constructive feedback..

Crimson Ryan has received 2 thanks from: Elevensixty, VukBZ2005
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:You could do that yourself. Since you've been so vocal about it, why try to persuade someone else?

Because one voice will be ignored, whereas a lot of them will be listened to.

I've already written about this directly to SEGA, BTW.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Next

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release