New speedruns? / Old glitches?

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

New speedruns? / Old glitches?

Postby BlueMue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:55 pm

What do you think, will Shenmue I & II bring fresh wind into speedrunning?

I mean of course it can get its own category but it's more about if the games can be finished faster than ever.
With the prospect of skipping time in Shenmue this would cut a HUGE amount of time out of it. And even beyond that the possibly shorter load times and smoother framerate allow for further improvements. It wasn't that long ago when the record time for Shenmue II was set, though it feels like an eternity when Peter used to run it in the Shenmue Lounge, even though it was around the same time.

This speculation is naturally based on the fact that the glitches in the game still work. This is one thing I definately don't want them to fix. I really want things like the map glitch to stay in there. Not that I long for it for speedruns (though I might get to em myself eventually) trying out if the glitches still work will be among the first things I'll try out. Might even go as far as fire up Shenmue II first just for that.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: New speedruns? / Old glitches?

Postby Peter » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:18 pm

I just added a speed running section to the Youtube Channel as you posted this lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjvnGv ... kYanOfmRoQ
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release