PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby alexh86 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:03 am

As of this morning, Amazon US was taking pre-orders for the first time. I was able to get my order in but I did not see a listing for the XB One version. I only have PS4 so I went ahead and ordered that but since it's only $30 I'll probably pick up the other version for collecting purposes. It's a shame that Amazon arbitrarily stopped giving their 20% Prime member discount on re-released games.

alexh86 has received 2 thanks from: Telekill, VukBZ2005
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: December 2014
PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby Haruto » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:54 pm


Haruto has received 2 thanks from: GYO6161, Telekill
User avatar
Haruto
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: April 2018
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby Telekill » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:49 pm

I just preordered my PS4 physical copy from Amazon.

alexh86 wrote: As of this morning, Amazon US was taking pre-orders for the first time. I was able to get my order in but I did not see a listing for the XB One version. I only have PS4 so I went ahead and ordered that but since it's only $30 I'll probably pick up the other version for collecting purposes. It's a shame that Amazon arbitrarily stopped giving their 20% Prime member discount on re-released games.


It's not just re-releases. I spoke with an Amazon rep after I noticed a lack of a discount on my preorder. They stated some games do not qualify for the discount. I had noticed last week that Jurassic World Evolution (PS4) also did not show a discount. I canceled that order. As for Shenmue, I can't really argue with the $30 price point.

I may go to Best Buy's gamer program for my other game purchases though. They have the same 20% discount on games.
User avatar
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: July 2015
PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby Ceej » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:51 pm

User avatar
Ceej
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: January 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby celsowm » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Still waiting for Brazilians stores... :cry:
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: October 2016
PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Bought my preorder within seconds of seeing the link. Biggest no brainer of my life.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: celsowm
User avatar
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: June 2015
PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby delvec19 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Probably going to wait to just buy it at a store. This way I can show the game off and hopefully influence some random kids and/or employees to buy it as well.
User avatar
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: December 2015

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby Anonymous81 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Got my preorder for PS4 and Xbone in on Amazon as of right now (and I don't even own those systems lol.) :D I never thought I'd be able to say, "I have preordered Shenmue HD." I hoped. I dreamed. We begged. IT'S FINALLY REAL. Let's all do what we can to support this HARD.

Anonymous81 has received 5 thanks from: celsowm, dietsoap, FlagshipFighter, Haruto, KidMarine
User avatar
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: June 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby GYO6161 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:48 pm

Damn shame about no amazon prime discount. If this were any other game i would just skip it but since it's Shenmue of course i'll make an exception.
User avatar
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: September 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby BigTuna » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:10 pm

So glad I at least have my XOne copy on lock now
User avatar
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: October 2013
Location: CA
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby Coromasta » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:09 pm

For the Netherlands this is the only major retailer I could find that has both shenmue hd and shenmue 3 for pre order.
Link :
https://www.gamemania.nl/Search?filter=search(Shenmue~)
User avatar
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: April 2016
PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby Rayteku » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:44 pm

Just thought I would add that newegg is showing them now as well.

PS4
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879257154

Xbox
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874163084

also at the time of this posting the page is listing the release date as 6/26/2018 so that may be the real date and they were not supposed to list it, that has happened before with stores and other games. Until the date is official though please take that with a grain of salt... or maybe a pound haha.

Rayteku has received a thanks from: returnedfate
User avatar
Rayteku
Fuku-san
Fuku-san
 
Joined: April 2018
PSN: Rayteku
XBL: Ryzen Soulstorm
Steam: Rayteku
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby Telekill » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:29 pm

Rayteku wrote:also at the time of this posting the page is listing the release date as 6/26/2018 so that may be the real date and they were not supposed to list it, that has happened before with stores and other games. Until the date is official though please take that with a grain of salt... or maybe a pound haha.


I think that's a plausible release date. That puts the release about a week or two after E3 this year which would make sense if they want to cause a hype train for the third game on Sony's stage.

Telekill has received 2 thanks from: celsowm, FlagshipFighter
User avatar
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: July 2015
PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby Valascaziel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:42 pm

Sounds like an E3 Shenmue fest to me... Sony's conference will probably be Monday, June 12th. Perfect time to capitalize if 3 is shown.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: June 2015

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Postby returnedfate » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:11 am

Rayteku wrote: Just thought I would add that newegg is showing them now as well.

PS4
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879257154

Xbox
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874163084

also at the time of this posting the page is listing the release date as 6/26/2018 so that may be the real date and they were not supposed to list it, that has happened before with stores and other games. Until the date is official though please take that with a grain of salt... or maybe a pound haha.

Seems pretty realistic to me. I mean that is only two weeks after E3 so mabye the release date has been leaked after all however Adam Koralik did warn us about retailers just adding random release dates to get something out there. Very exciting if that is indeed the true release date. Only two months from now.

***User permanently banned for use of a VPN to access the boards, and posting similar to a banned user and serial ban evader***

returnedfate has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
User avatar
returnedfate
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: March 2018

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net