Cheapest Price for Shenmue 1&2 (UK)

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Re: Cheapest Price for Shenmue 1&2 (UK)

Postby Jibby » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:49 am

Reprise wrote: Be careful pre-ordering from 365games. They charge immediately for pre-orders. If you don't want to pay until either the release date is announced or the release itself, I would either hold off for a while or pre-order from one of the other available retailers who don't charge until dispatch.

This is probably why I'll wait for Amazon. They don't charge until dispatch and if the price goes down at all between per-ordering and release then you pay the lowest price it goes to, even if it goes back up again. Plus with Prime you save a few quid too. Just seems like the best option to me.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Reprise » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:31 am

Yeah, I use ShopTo personally. But any of the main UK online retailers should also be fine, other than 365games. I'm just not comfortable paying upfront for a pre-order if I don't have to elsewhere. That's no to say 365games aren't a decent retailer - I'm sure they are (in fact, I do have a pre-order with them as they get a lot of reasonably priced imports in) - but I'm just saying if people don't want to pay up front, it's best to go elsewhere. That said, 365games do offer refunds if you request to cancel the order, so you're not tied in or anything.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Enigma » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:34 am

Thanks for sharing this, just ordered my copy. \:D/
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby ShenSun » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:44 am

amazon is probably the best for preorders due to not charging until the item is dispatched. Those fuckers tend to always deliver after the release date though, so be mindful of that. :(

Shopto will usually charge you right away, but you'll have your game one day before the release date.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SheepheadCG » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:06 pm

ShenSun wrote: amazon is probably the best for preorders due to not charging until the item is dispatched. Those fuckers tend to always deliver after the release date though, so be mindful of that. :(

Shopto will usually charge you right away, but you'll have your game one day before the release date.

I used to use ShopTo exclusively but their prices as of late have not be the best. You can still choose to pre-order without paying straight away though, and they will just bill on dispatch.

The 2 most recent games I bought were Ni No Kuni 2 and Yakuza 6. I had them both pre-ordered with Amazon, but noticed that they were significantly cheaper on Base (not to mention that amazon always delivers the day after release...). I managed to save myself about 40 pound from going with Base over Amazon, and they have been amazing. Go Ni No Kuni 2 days early, and Yakuza will be here tomorrow for release day. Very happy with them to be honest.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Reprise » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:18 pm

ShopTo isn't all that expensive (especially if you're a gold member) and they definitely don't charge until dispatch, so I'm not sure where you got that from, ShenSun. I use them all the time.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby myshtuff » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Still no preorders up for US oddly enough.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby SheepheadCG » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Reprise wrote: ShopTo isn't all that expensive (especially if you're a gold member) and they definitely don't charge until dispatch, so I'm not sure where you got that from, ShenSun. I use them all the time.

Got Yakuza 6 After Hours Edition for 66 from base instead of 80 from ShopTo so there is deffo money to be saved.

They also don't charge when pre-ordering, but you can pay for the pre-order upfront if you go into your account > Pre-order section. Maybe there is an option to make it standard once you have done it once or something.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:10 pm

I'll have to check Base out, thanks. Do they deliver first class and do pre-orders come on time? Edit: and I take it they don't charge until dispatch?
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SheepheadCG » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:13 pm

Reprise wrote: I'll have to check Base out, thanks. Do they deliver first class and do pre-orders come on time? Edit: and I take it they don't charge until dispatch?

They charge on dispatch, and I have received every game at least a day early (apart from this Yakuza 6 which is going to be here tomorrow, on release day... typical lol).

They don't have Shenmue HD up yet though either. I'm hoping there will be a special/collectors edition somewhere down the road, but they wouldn't announce that until the games has an official release date, so we can hope :D!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Nice. That's annoying I only just found out about Base though. I pre-ordered Wild Arms for the Switch over at 365games (who charge immediately) and Base are selling it for a pound cheaper (okay, only a pound, but still... every little counts and it would have been nice to not have been charged until dispatch)

Reprise has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SheepheadCG » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Reprise wrote: Nice. That's annoying I only just found out about Base though. I pre-ordered Wild Arms for the Switch over at 365games (who charge immediately) and Base are selling it for a pound cheaper (okay, only a pound, but still... every little counts and it would have been nice to not have been charged until dispatch)

Yeh charging before dispatch seems so strange to me, especially when there is a pre-order price promise involved. If the prices drops, they then have to refund you the difference lol Waste of time :D
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby redline » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:08 pm

dont some of the big stores price match preorder prices? might be an idea to ask Game (the store).
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby TheThirdComing » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:00 am

I've gon with 365games, but waiting to see it Base.com will change my mind upon listing - It happend with Sonic Mania already.
TheThirdComing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby SheepheadCG » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:15 am

Base have their pre-orders up. It is now the cheapest at 22.99 and you do not have to pay upfront ;) Excellent service from them, got my Yakuza 6 After Hours Edition today :D

Added to the list ;)

PS4 Version:-
https://www.base.com/Games/Shenmue-I-II ... roduct.htm

Xbox One Version:-
https://www.base.com/Games/Shenmue-I-II ... roduct.htm

SheepheadCG has received 2 thanks from: Jibby, Reprise
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte