What are you most looking forward to?

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Re: What are you most looking forward to?

Postby FlagshipFighter » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Either waiting for very late at night/very early morning (where I'll have some undisturbed time to myself) cranking up the surround sound and setting up Phillips Hue lights to a cool blue (for the first game) and scarlet red (for the second game) along with a side of sparkling water (for the first game) or bitter green tea (for the second game) and maybe a packet of those pocky/mikado sticks as well and then just chill-out.

#LivingTheDream

I echo the same sentiments as above too, looking forward to introduce/gift people this (maybe try and play this game alongside a family member/friend) and have all the bells/whistles of modern platforms (leaving console on standby, screenshots, videos, etc).

FlagshipFighter has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, Jibby
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Centrale » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:38 pm

I'm looking forward to sharing the part in Shenmue II where Ryo and Shenhua are traveling together through Guilin with my 6 year old daughter. I've shown her videos of some parts of that sequence and she's really interested in Shenhua. It also seems to be her main wish to talk to the characters when I've shared other games with her... usually older games, like Ecco the Dolphin - but of course the conversations in those games are usually limited to one or two sentences. Chatting with Shenhua at length and seeing the fireflies and the color-changing river will probably delight her.

Centrale has received 5 thanks from: darksniper, FlagshipFighter, James Brown, Kiske, Reprise
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby GYO6161 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Just not having to rely on my aging dreamcast with disc reading issues or stuttery/inaccurate emulation to play these 2 masterpieces is really what i'm looking the most forward to.

I'm also really interested headin to twitch and see if any popular streamers pick up the game and what they think about it.

Just plain jain having these 2 amazing games on modern platforms is all i need. Is more convenient for us and it will bring a new audience. The best of both worlds. Im ok with no 60fps or 16:9 for the entire game ect. The modern controls are a plus and great and all but i won't be using them. Tbh my biggest concern is the lack of a loading screen. It's just too iconic to remove and i'm sure these modern platforms can load these games in a instant so i wonder what they will do.

Just thank you SEGA :king:

GYO6161 has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby BlackHeaven » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:40 pm

I hope we can start the Game in the cave an can get out of the cave in realtime gameplay. I am seriously looking forward to the daylight an the fresh air. Should be an amazing feeling!

Edit: Oh sorry I was thinking about Shenmue 3 nevermind :D
Last edited by BlackHeaven on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackHeaven
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby sand4fish » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Not gonna lie. I probably will not play Shenmue HD right away, maybe even for years to come. Though I only completed each game twice in my life, a decade apart for each playthrough, I have followed many Twich and Youtube sessions (on Dojo and outside as well) over the last couple of years to show support for Shenmue 3. So Shenmue 1 & 2 still feel very fresh in my mind and playing Shenmue HD will not add anything new to me.

That being said, what I actually most look forward to is hopefully see really strong sales' numbers so Shenmue 4 will be properly funded by Sega or a big studio without the need of a crowdfunding source.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby jasonorme666 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Getting as many toy capsules as I can in Shenmue 1, so I can pawn them in Shenmue 2.

jasonorme666 has received a thanks from: Kyo_JP
jasonorme666
Master of the Three Blades

Postby darksniper » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:45 pm

I'm looking forward to see if new gamers will understand why we feel the way we feel about Shenmue. This may sound a little sadistic, but I can't wait to see a new crop of gamers sign up to the dojo asking "Where is Shenmue III?"

They're just lucky they only have to wait a few months unlike us who have had to endure the pain for over a decade.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:28 am

Controls. Don't know why you criticized the way you control Ryo so I'm looking forward to what extent they can be improved.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby alexh86 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:46 am

I'm most excited to get the two platinum trophies but that was mentioned in the OP.

I'm excited to play them again on modern consoles. I've played through both games three times since around 2012 when I fell in love with the series. I'd planned to play them a fourth time this year in anticipation for Shenmue III. I will now hold off until the re-release is in my hands for that fourth play. After I play it, I look forward to lending it to anyone who wants to play it. I pre-ordered the Xbox One version purely for collecting purposes but if any of my friends want to borrow it on day one, I'd gladly break the seal.
alexh86

PSN: ahark86

Postby Kirino_Matsuyama » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:23 am

I'll be looking forward to taking lots of photos (print screens), as we couldn't do that on the Dreamcast.

Kirino_Matsuyama

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby dietsoap » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:18 am

I'd been dreaming of Shenmue on Vita for years, so remote playing it is going to be great. Also shooting for the plat.

I'm also interested in how exactly the new control scheme operates. Though I have to say, I'm one of those weirdos that absolutely loves the original control scheme, so I doubt I'll be using the new one outside of initially trying it out... Then again, it's going to feel weird using any analog other than the DC controller one to look around.
dietsoap
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release