Goodbye everyone

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Goodbye everyone

Postby Sailors? » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Qwerty is Acen and Acen was logged on earlier, so I guess he's back in some form.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Coby » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 pm

i been a lurker a long time joined last month lurked since 04
Coby
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Now that people are unbanned is it possible to send out a email to every member saying something along the lines of all bans have been up lifted and explaining the situation. Chances are people like Martin haven't even been lurking so won't know his unbanned.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
ShOzO MiZuKi wrote:
Coby wrote:ryuo he was a cool guy until last year. then he went crazy lol

:-k Coby eh?

Fixed.

ShOzO MiZuKi wrote:Yeah those two were my main concerns as well. I think Qwerty said to "get off your fat ass and get a job" (his way of being inspirational) or something like that and Ryudo said he was attacking his medical condition and banned him. It didn't quite make sense.

What I meant by unjustified. Martin was banned over complaining about signature sizes..

:rotflmao: The jig is up!

I think Mittenz said he has a way to contact Martin outside the dojo. I guess he sits in the tree outside Martins window if I recall his story correctly.
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Sailors? wrote:Qwerty is Acen and Acen was logged on earlier, so I guess he's back in some form.

Fair enough, just noticed the QWERTY account is unbanned too.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:22 pm

All hell is about to break loose.

Something QWERTY would say: Not as loose as your mom's vagina though.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Spokane wrote:All hell is about to break loose.

:shocked!:

TheEdge and TEEPO are unbanned! Dino isn't though..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby wude » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:33 pm

i hope QERTY won't act like before, he's a smart guy but he used to post offensive bullcrap, gboy was a bit impulsive which caused him problems, but he's really a nice guy
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Never had a problem with Gboy, just harmless banter between both of us most times.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:25 pm

another thumbs up for Gboy.
only no go for me was that he posted way too much. go play some games once in a while, man!
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:41 pm

I found all of this HIGHLY entertaining (though I'm easily amused).

Viva la Dojo.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ys » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:51 pm

ShOzO MiZuKi wrote:
ys wrote:
silent killer wrote:sooo....
Does this make me the oldest member here now?

Probably not. I'm a couple of years older than Bluecast :P Regarding the situation. My first thoughts were : again? #-o
As I wrote in another topic : this place has had its share of power abuse and frankly, petty drama. And honestly, for some reason it's a little tiresome to see after all these years. Maybe it's just me but back then the community felt more as a whole. Sure there was some big drama with people leaving at one time but something feels different now. I don't know. Some kind of bitterness that I can't describe.

I think this place may finally be on the rise again! At least for a few more months.

Also could we maybe contact AxM and Jeff (even if people dont like him) and let them know that it's safe to come back?

I can't recall if Jeff bothered me that much. I mainly remember Nascar and the Republicans :P

Yama wrote: I'm simply going to do what is right. I'd rather a handful cry for a day or two and return to a properly balanced and cohesive website than a cesspool of filth, plain and simple. The redesign was a new take on things, but the heart still needed surgery. The surgery is complete. How do I know this? The entire community is fresh, newcomers and vets alike and everyone is on the same page. It is going to stay like this, for good. So enjoy. Less doubting and sulking, more posting.

That's a good goal to keep it balanced that way. By the way, you probably didn't interpret it that way but to clarify, my comment wasn't aimed at the action taken by mods/admins. It's great that you guys took it upon you to continue the site. Being a member since 2003 this place became my main stay on the internet and it would've been a pity if it disappeared. Especially since it also keeps Shenmue out there in an industry where games are more quickly "consumed and forgotten" these days.

It was more of a general observation compared to the 2003-2004 era, not something that you can affect totally as a site owner. As I said, it's some underlying bitterness now and then and I've noticed that some of it was due to the situation with the Shenmue series at times. And one hard thing to balance is how strict the place should be. Years ago it got overboard with almost no moderators around. But I've also noticed that stricter periods made people leave or caused friction resulting in people not daring to post as often. The forums have always been a bit "chaotic" and that kind of worked when people were less on the edge. It created some different vibe. But as I said, it's a delicate balance and not even meant as a suggestion. Just some observations after having been here that long.

ys has received a thanks from: Yama
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby QWERTY » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:43 pm

I would have posted earlier but I've only just got back from Barcelona and felt the situation warranted a bit more of a detailed post than a few sentences I construct with my iPhone while taking a shit. I'm gonna take this opportunity to iron out a few misnomers regarding a few things before I get the inevitable bans, my original account is still banned so I guess I'm one of the select few!

Ryudo:

There were a number of occasions when I would be in the chat room with him and Oppy and he would encourage me to troll certain members of the forum that he didn't like. I remember Master Kyodai being one in particular. So his whole stance on me being a troll is entirely hypocritical, as he only took action against me being a cunt to anyone when he was the recipient of a scathing post.

I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't type any of that vitriol in my post that had me banned. I did, and I know it was a tad out of order. I didn't say he was lazy or that he should get a job, I was suggesting that if he really didn't have much time left before he shuffled off this mortal coil then he may want to consider doing something a bit more worthwhile with the limited time he had remaining, rather than spend it playing Xenogears and making videos about unboxing limited edition JRPGs. I know I could have worded it a bit better but he did delete a paragraph from underneath the remaining post which went along the lines of:

"Adam, I know I'm being harsh mate but we only want what is best for you. If you don't have much time left on this earth then surely it would be better spent going out and actually doing stuff rather than wasting it on forums or playing games?"

Now don't take that as exact verbatim, but it was essentially what I was getting at. Most people see me as being puerile, vulgar and immature, but I'm only fucking about. However some of my posts from years gone by which I have occasionally read-over again due to a necro-bump make me cringe. From my last period under my original handle (this one is an alternate account) - Jan to Oct 2011 - I didn't post that much offensive stuff in comparison to previous periods. Ryudo understood this until he took personal offence to something that I posted which I don't think was particularly ban-worthy. He was perfectly ok to see others be on the receiving end but when the shoe is on the other foot then he does not hesitate to take swift action.

I don't hate the guy, but he does have issues and a habit of lying about situations to cover his tracks. I don't think anyone is fooled about Coby not being Ryudo, but hey, why doesn't a mod do an IP trace and see if it matches what Ryudo was posting from?

Sonniku:

We never got on because you got really pissy over me modifying your Sonic sig that you had at the time to show him sucking a cock with cum dribbling off his chin. Immature? Yes, but it was in Junk and I didn't think you would get into such a strop about it. Ever since then we never saw eye-to-eye. I'm happy to call bygones as the whole thing is six-to-one and half-a-dozen to the other. It was 8 years ago FFS!

Peter (re what you posted in another topic):

I'm sad that you think I'm the kinda guy that would get you into trouble tbh mate. My internet persona does not truly reflect who I am IRL. Yes I do like to take the piss, also unafraid to speak my mind and am steadfast in my beliefs, but I can also take on board critique and recognise when I am wrong. I'm a lover, not a fighter, baby.

QWERTY has received 5 thanks from: Henry Spencer, MiTT3NZ, Oppy, ShOzO MiZuKi, wude
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Sailors? » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Haa, good to see you back.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby QWERTY » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Sailors? wrote:Haa, good to see you back.

Thanks. Good memory with the ACEN account btw.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic