Recreation of shenmue 2 map

(Modding and other series related projects)

Recreation of shenmue 2 map

Postby south carmain » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:40 am

so I've started on extracting Hong kong in Shenmue 2, my goal is to create the full map so that people can use it for various projects, once finished I will post an .fbx file of it + a unity game file for people to explore it

anyhow does anyone still have some of the previous extracted files? would save me a great amount of time if there is already some of the work done thanks
Last edited by south carmain on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: Recreation of shenmue 2

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Would MAPINFO Patcher be any use to you?

MAPINFO Patcher - you need this if you wanna swap maps in the game

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1266721825.zip

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=40144

I can't find anything else, maybe PM wude about it, he's ripped a lot of stuff from all Shenmue games.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: south carmain
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Spokane » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Good luck and great idea.

Spokane has received a thanks from: south carmain
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby south carmain » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:Would MAPINFO Patcher be any use to you?

MAPINFO Patcher - you need this if you wanna swap maps in the game

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1266721825.zip

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=40144

I can't find anything else, maybe PM wude about it, he's ripped a lot of stuff from all Shenmue games.

thanks, I don't think that will be of much use I'll definitely ask Wude if he can upload some of the extracts he has, the rest I'll just have to do manually, it's not too hard and should be done in about a month or two, I'll need to find a way to lower the poly count though

Spokane wrote:Good luck and great idea.

thanks spokes I'll do my best
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby wude » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:36 pm

I think the best way to recreate shenmue is to start modeling from scratch, and using hi-res textures, ripped models sucks tbh :lol:

dino's models are a good start imo, choncy did a great job by converting them to 3ds, i downloaded only the yamanose model sadly :|

here is a screenshot of the yamanose model and a map i extracted recently, looks bad because my on-board graphic card doesn't support anti-aliasing nor anisotropic filtering :mad:

wude has received a thanks from: south carmain
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby south carmain » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:50 pm

well working on a game myself I really don't have the time to remake the environments, my goal is to create an easy way for people to make mods, renders, or even games by having an instant access to a huge library of shenmue props so that hopefully activity in the modding and creative forums will improve, the fastest and best way would be to just extract the environments using 3dx ripper then putting them together then somehow lowering the polycount
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:20 pm

I forgot you were a modder. Good luck with it. Ultimately what do you want to see done with all your work once it's finished and out there? I don't understand much about it..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:28 pm

many things, they could rearrange it and make a racing game with it or a beat em up, if someone has the time to invest they could make side stories from shenmue with it, or I could make it multiplayer and the dojo can meet up on it and explore, people could also use it to take stills as they want to make comics or short movies, I'm hoping it will help put some motivation and activity in t the modding community
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:33 pm

That would be huge
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:16 pm

south carmain wrote:many things, they could rearrange it and make a racing game with it or a beat em up, if someone has the time to invest they could make side stories from shenmue with it, or I could make it multiplayer and the dojo can meet up on it and explore, people could also use it to take stills as they want to make comics or short movies, I'm hoping it will help put some motivation and activity in t the modding community

:idea:
    Forklift Simulator 2012
    Lucky Hit (better with Kinect)
    Duilin's Crates (up to 4 player online co-op)
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:45 pm

I actually had an Idea of making it online and implementing the mini games from shenmue like lucky hit and working and some other things I haven't thought of yet, I could put a money system in place and by gaining money at lucky hit and other mini games you could buy collectables like capsule toys, maybe I could give each player an apartment in kowloon and they could buy things to decorate it, I'm not sure if I have the knowledge to code such a game but it's one of my Ideas, would be pretty cool if the whole dojo could meet up in shenmue 2 and partake in duck races and other mini games

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, shengoro86
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:51 am

I applaud anyone with the time and capability to mod and improve the scene for Shenmue. Good job guys. Hopefully the more talented people such as yourselves really get something going.

Axm has received a thanks from: wude
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:53 am

south carmain wrote:I actually had an Idea of making it online and implementing the mini games from shenmue like lucky hit and working and some other things I haven't thought of yet, I could put a money system in place and by gaining money at lucky hit and other mini games you could buy collectables like capsule toys, maybe I could give each player an apartment in kowloon and they could buy things to decorate it, I'm not sure if I have the knowledge to code such a game but it's one of my Ideas, would be pretty cool if the whole dojo could meet up in shenmue 2 and partake in duck races and other mini games

The Sims: Shenmue Dojo
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mrslig100 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:06 am

I started a project with pretty much the exact same goal ages back but I never got round to finishing it. Its great to see that others have the same idea. Ill upload my files when I can. most of which are in autodesk or 3ds format.

mrslig100 has received a thanks from: south carmain
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Re: Recreation of shenmue 2 map

Postby south carmain » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:25 am

thanks slig, could you write down those you will upload? I'm going to start extracting so that way I won't extract whats already been done
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Next

Return to Community Projects