Wii U

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Wii U

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:13 am

Sonikku wrote:I would be surprised if they charged more than $300 for it. The economy worsens while the 3DS pricing flop is still fresh in their minds. They'll be trying harder than ever to find the right reasonable price right out of the gate that does not require them to lower it a few months later. That and 360 like tech is older now than the wii was 6 years ago and that sold for $250. The only thing that I think has any genuine chance of driving up the price at this point is going to be their difficulty in efficiently mass producing the controller.

Nah, economy has nothing to do with games. Every time something goes wrong and a market tanks theres record breaking sales and profits for places like Gamestop and companies like R*. It'll factor into their decision, but its not going to be the main reason.

you're right about the controller, that might be the big cost on building the suckers.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Axm » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:34 am

I can agree with that, but at the same time, I honestly dont believe parents will find $400 value in an improved Wii. And on considering the Wii has always been fairly cheap since the begining their could be a huge disconnect in how parents will view Nintendo's strategy. Atleast at launch I think Wii U will have decent but not impressive sales. Overtime im sure it will be fine but I think Nintendo can and will make this cheaper than we think. They certainly have in the past. I dont doubt their ability to take a hit on this for the sake of software sales.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:02 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Nah, economy has nothing to do with games. Every time something goes wrong and a market tanks theres record breaking sales and profits for places like Gamestop and companies like R*. It'll factor into their decision, but its not going to be the main reason.

I guess people view video games as a cheaper alternative than most leisure activities
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby QWERTY » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:50 am

The only thing that will be expensive is the tablet. The actual hardware is only marginally superior to PS3 and 360, therefore it's inexpensive because it's been around for 6 - 7 years. It won't cost a bomb. Nintendo are too savvy to charge too much after they've had their fingers burnt in the past.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Via GT

One thing that's been troubling Nintendo fans and non-fans alike is the fact that we don't know much about the Wii U. Is it coming out soon? What games will be launched with it? How much will it cost?

It looks like Nintendo will finally be answering those questions September 13th in New York City, at a press event with Reggie Fils-Aime.

Officially the press event is to teach us "more about how the Wii U will change the future of gaming and entertainment." But let's look at the past here. Every time over the last few years that Nintendo has announced a new console or another major event, it's been a huge press event, in September, in New York City, hosted by Reggie Fils-Aime.

There's also the simple fact that Nintendo doesn't really have anything else to announce around the Wii U. It doesn't generally throw huge events to announce technical specifications or just show off their new console a bit more.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Yama » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:01 pm

In other news, Sega CDX has outsold the Wii U three units to one.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Yama wrote:In other news, Sega CDX has outsold the Wii U three units to one.

and the NGPC is outselling the Vita.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Yama
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Yama » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Yama wrote:In other news, Sega CDX has outsold the Wii U three units to one.

and the NGPC is outselling the Vita.

If it was up to me it would.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Mitsuzuki » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:14 pm

Well I just got back from Fan Expo, and I was surprised to see a ZombiU demo at the Ubisoft booth. There were two separate stations set up for you to step right up and play the thing, with new controller in hand.

Each controller was tethered with a very thick cord running conspicuously to the back wall of the booth with no Wii U console in sight. One of the reps said that the hardware isn't final yet, so the controllers were plugged into some kind of kit that was apparently very close to what the final build will be.

From what little I saw, the graphics looked pretty much on par or slightly better than what the 360/PS3 can do. But everything was shutting down for the evening so I didn't get a chance to play it myself. I'll be back on Sunday to give it a whirl.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:41 am

Ubisoft have teased that for other consoles aswell.

I want more of this.........

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Calling Mr.leaks

Wii U out 18th Nov in north America

http://www.brokenjoysticks.net/2012/08/ ... te-leaked/
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:04 pm

If it comes out at that time deffinitely wont be getting it. Too many games around that time id rather spend money on instead.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby white lotus » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:29 am

I already had the Wii. I know what will happen to the Wii U. Shovelware. Shovelware everywhere. Also, the same Nintendo games they've been making since the 90s. I sorta hope it flops hard so Nintendo actually has to do something big with their next console and/or handheld.

I want the Gameboy back. No touchscreen BS, no dual screens. One screen, A, B, X, Y, L, R, D-pad and maybe one of those analog nubs. It's all you really need. Or maybe a console with a more traditional controller. I hate gimmicks. All they run on now are gimmicks.
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:18 am

^Segata post incoming!

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:05 am

white lotus wrote:I already had the Wii. I know what will happen to the Wii U. Shovelware. Shovelware everywhere. Also, the same Nintendo games they've been making since the 90s. I sorta hope it flops hard so Nintendo actually has to do something big with their next console and/or handheld.

I want the Gameboy back. No touchscreen BS, no dual screens. One screen, A, B, X, Y, L, R, D-pad and maybe one of those analog nubs. It's all you really need. Or maybe a console with a more traditional controller. I hate gimmicks. All they run on now are gimmicks.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming