2012 Olympics

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: 2012 Olympics

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:24 am

I guess that sums it up except my main point is that we would of gained the same amount of medals free pass or not, we just had the biggest team because we were required to enter athletes to all events
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby mue 26 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:27 am

Ah I see, and that would be because the free passes were low level athletes.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:29 am

yeah exactly, they were so far behind the top performing athletes that even home advantage wouldn't help them win anything
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Neo Matrix » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:07 am

south carmain wrote:I guess that sums it up except my main point is that we would of gained the same amount of medals free pass or not, we just had the biggest team because we were required to enter athletes to all events
That's the same point I was driving at, I just didn't see that sentiment shown in that confusing sentence so I was trying to figure out why we differed. We weren't required to enter them though, we just could and did take the opportunity to.

south carmain wrote:
Neo Matrix wrote:Congratulations, and at least you have a reason for a dry spell other than "no-one will look at me". :)

ah well it will get better don't worry about it ;-)

I hope you'll be ok with it if I vehemently disagree with you there. I have a friend I get to visit every couple of months but more local and more often would be nice.

south carmain wrote:
Neo Matrix wrote:The situation is only "sad" because it's late at night? We're doing inception arguments!

it's sad because we are putting so much energy in to a pointless argument in the middle of the night

Yeah, it was mostly pointless regardless of time.

south carmain wrote:
Neo Matrix wrote:I'm sure I was about to misread that sentence again. The biggest team we've ever had and the highest medal haul we've ever had has no correlation, right? On the flip side I was trying to say that I was hoping that if you took out the automatic places we still would have had the biggest team we've ever had.

might be, quite a few probably got a free pass but we might of entered over 400 hundred good enough to qualify who knows, maybe they'll release official figures one day

Once I go through the team size numbers we should have a pretty good estimate bar those who would have qualified anyway.
Neo Matrix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Zeokage
XBL: Zeokage
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Naruto: UNS Generations

Previous

Return to Off Topic