What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Postby Thief » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:02 am

My little side-bar thing says I'm playing Pokemon Yellow but I actually haven't started it yet. I know I want to play a Pokemon game but I can't decide which one... I've been in a pokemon (nostalgic) mood lately.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:13 am

LAMEWAD wrote:My little side-bar thing says I'm playing Pokemon Yellow but I actually haven't started it yet. I know I want to play a Pokemon game but I can't decide which one... I've been in a pokemon (nostalgic) mood lately.

how nostalgic are you feelin? If you want something alil closer to the show hit that yellow, but red and blue give you alittle more of a clean slate since they've got less story to em...i probly don't have to tell you that...Ah well ENJOY DEM POKE-MANS!

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Thief
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby OL » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:57 pm

Played the demo for the PSN release of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Absolutely loved it. Didn't really know what I was doing, but it was fun as hell anyway. I'll be keeping my eye out for the old Dreamcast release of it now.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
LAMEWAD wrote:My little side-bar thing says I'm playing Pokemon Yellow but I actually haven't started it yet. I know I want to play a Pokemon game but I can't decide which one... I've been in a pokemon (nostalgic) mood lately.

how nostalgic are you feelin? If you want something alil closer to the show hit that yellow, but red and blue give you alittle more of a clean slate since they've got less story to em...i probly don't have to tell you that...Ah well ENJOY DEM POKE-MANS!

haha thanks, I ended up playing Pokemon Emerald weirdly enough. It's the one I was having the hardest time remembering so I figured I'd give it a go. I'm enjoying it so far. Emerald was the reason I got back in to the series when I did (needed something to do on a loooooooooong plane ride).
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Neo Matrix » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:24 am

I'm attempting to get through Spec Ops on FUBAR mode next. I finished it on Suicide Mission difficulty last night and the ending needs watching more than once to totally understand what's actually happened with the main character.
Neo Matrix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Zeokage
XBL: Zeokage
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Naruto: UNS Generations

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:48 am

Tackling hard mode now.Not as difficult as I thought It would be but still a challenge nonetheless.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Game Dev Story on Android

Great simple game that lets you build a game company.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Calshot » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:12 pm

OL wrote:Played the demo for the PSN release of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Absolutely loved it. Didn't really know what I was doing, but it was fun as hell anyway. I'll be keeping my eye out for the old Dreamcast release of it now.

I have the Dreamcast game and it's mighty fun. I recommend reading the manga in order to get all the references and tiny bits of fan-service they added (like you said you did for FotNS).

About to start this.

Calshot has received a thanks from: OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby OL » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:52 pm

I'll have to see if the Jojo comic is available in English sometime. Still working on the FotNS anime (70 episodes in), but I certainly have more appreciation for that game now because of it. I'd like to get that same feeling with this game (and the new one Cyberconnect is working on).
And kudos to Digital Devil Saga. :nice!:

Popped in Jumping Flash 2 earlier today.
I played Jumping Flash back when I was a kid and loved it, but I guess it faded from my memory just how much I loved it. These games are phenomenal. Probably a little too easy and "kiddy" for some, but still tons of fun, and still totally unique.
Also played the original Tenchu again for a number of levels. Still just as excellent as it's always been. I was playing on my PS3 though, and I think it may have caused some extra glitching than it originally had. I don't remember having so many instances of enemies accidentally seeing me through walls when I originally played it on PS1, or subsequently on PS2. I wouldn't doubt if it was because of the PS3, what with the glitching the system causes in other games (the game-halting Soul Reaver 2 pillar glitch comes to mind).
I'll need to play it again on another system to be sure.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:18 am

Sound Shapes (Vita/PS3)
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:03 am

Axm wrote:Game Dev Story on Android

Great simple game that lets you build a game company.

Yeah that was a sweet game and my company release Shenmue 1,2,3, 4 and 5. They bought out a follow up which sees you running a game store.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Axm
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Calshot » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:53 pm

^Me to.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Spokane » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:16 am

What's this Shenmue game you speak of? Ryo? What kind of name is that?
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:14 am

What's Shenmue?

Still playing Growlanser IV, the game has to be one of the most difficult tactics games I've ever played. It's like the Shin Megami Tensei of Tactical RPGs, when you beat a mission, it's like you're so pleased about it and then another mission pops up after which is even worse and gives you a lot of "game over" screens. The plot is one of the most convoluted I've encountered in a JRPG, as well (Kingdom 1 vs Kingdom 2 vs Kingdom 3 vs Mercenaries vs Angels [who blow up entire towns and villages] vs monsters vs Illuminati like Secret Society vs Main characters squad, supposedly there's more to be introduced yet...). I love it and despite its aesthetics, it doesn't devolve into typical anime cliches that much, surprisingly, and sticks to a political plotline with insane plot twists and good characterisation (even has Mass Effect's dialogue choices and relationships with characters). Currently stuck on one battle against an insane amount of enemies who are also fighting against each other, but in this battle, sometimes they all decide to target you instead of each other, which pretty much annihilates my team...
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming