Darksiders

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Darksiders

Postby Bluecast » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:39 pm

So lilith.....is that supposed to be sexy or something?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Spokane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:44 pm

The book has Lililth, she is pretty much a seductress. The kind that preys on the weak, not the kind that plays the game of seduction fairly.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:48 pm

I just mean did Vigil think that was supposed to be sexy to players? Revealing clothes giant tits but pastey grey skin and ugly wings and spots all over he body that looks like Genital warts.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Spokane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Well, they tied it into the book too (but a guy denys her revealing that he is strong willed). Her place in the book is pretty well done, of course they describe her a little bit different than you see in the game. I don't think they mention the tits.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:07 am

Beat it. Awesome. Underwhelming ending but they better make a DSIII. I Don't want another cliffhanger Shenmue Never getting III bullshit again. I just didn't do new game plus as I didn't want to erase my file
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Spokane » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:56 pm

I agree, the ending was good and they pretty much said as long as DSII was successful III was going to be made. Of course it will probably be for the Wii U,PS4 and next Xbox.

Someone on a gaming site had a good idea, have 4 games focus on each horseman then have a 5th game with all of them in it working together.

I think there is a good chance there will be a 3, DSII is meeting the expectations sales wise pretty much exactly, maybe even exceeding them a little. I know it's not below the goal they had though for sure.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:00 pm

I just hope the 3rd they have a bigger budget. OL is right DSII is limited a bit but it's budget. I'm hoping the 3rd you are the female. Tho they could make the 3rd where you are all 4. I mean unless you take the story back a few hundred years before the end of earth and maybe further back as to when the nephalilim were tearing shit up.Personally I want the 3rd where you play all 4 and takes place on earth again and fight the war and restore the balance.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Spokane » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:08 pm

That sounds good too. That's what is so nice about a third game in this series, there are so many possibilities to work from.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:27 pm

Spokane wrote:Someone on a gaming site had a good idea, have 4 games focus on each horseman then have a 5th game with all of them in it working together.

I had a similar idea a while back, but I think 5 games is a tiny bit too ambitious. I figured the third game should have both of the remaining two (branching out a bit for the third, with dual playable characters), then the fourth should have all four (drop-in, drop-out co-op would be great too, as long as it wasn't essential).
Jumping right into a multi-character game after so many single-protagonist ones just seems like it would be too much of a change all at once. I think it should be more gradual, personally.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:59 pm

OL wrote:
Spokane wrote:Someone on a gaming site had a good idea, have 4 games focus on each horseman then have a 5th game with all of them in it working together.

I had a similar idea a while back, but I think 5 games is a tiny bit too ambitious. I figured the third game should have both of the remaining two (branching out a bit for the third, with dual playable characters), then the fourth should have all four (drop-in, drop-out co-op would be great too, as long as it wasn't essential).
Jumping right into a multi-character game after so many single-protagonist ones just seems like it would be too much of a change all at once. I think it should be more gradual, personally.

Vigil has said they want a multi character based game in the series. Honestly DSIII may not get made and if they have the chance it might be the last so finishing the story may be best. If they are successful and want to make a 4th then they can explore the past or face the charred council itself. Even if they only use two I think it would be better than using the gun toting one. his guns are weak and not sure you can base a game around him and has as much impact as the first two. Female with the whip you can. 3D castlevania? Tho might be cool if they have both and dungeons use puzzles similar to soul splitter combined with the void walker.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:28 pm

I want to get this. Am I nuts or does it look like Demons in the series?
http://www.target.com/p/men-s-cave-demo ... A-11317083
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Spokane » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:30 pm

Yes it does, in fact for a minute I thought it was officially licensed as a Darksiders product. :lol:

Spokane has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:02 am

Random somewhat unrelated thought. But this pic reminds me what War & Death would look like if they were WWE characters
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:54 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYwPgEnEmtk[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:56 am

Darksiders II sells just 247,000 copies in US

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... pies-in-us

The NPD Group has informed GamesIndustry International that THQ's Darksiders II sold just 247,000 units for the August reporting period - that's despite placing first on NPD's top 10 chart, which shows just how weak retail software sales have been.

THQ was actually back in the black in the company's first fiscal quarter, and new president Jason Rubin has made it clear that THQ is narrowing its product slate to focus only on the games with the greatest potential.

Reshaping THQ to be lean and mean and profitable will take some time, and it's hard to say whether Darksiders will last as a franchise.

Will no.3 get made now?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming