Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

Postby Peter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:21 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I never mentioned the junk forum being deleted. Also there is nothing wrong with my above statement, especially considering ITS A FUCKING JOKE. How is that not obvious? It happens all the time. Was it not you Peter who made the "you crazy sexy SOBS" topic? Implying that you are jokingly saying you find the members here sexy? Well thats the exact same thing I am saying and ultimately that I missed you guys and i am glad to be back. I vote against homophobe proofing SD. Why? Because I love you guys, in a bromance kinda way.

Ummm no? The original title of that thread was "The Random Thoughts Topic!". The title was changed by Ryudo, of course without me having any say at all. If you think i am lying to make an idiot of you, look at the "Re." at the next few replies to the original post of that thread. :???:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:38 pm

AG Pete is right I changed the topic title I should have asked but now Pete has the power to change it back. He-Man! I was Skeletor Pete is He-Man. Hey my avatar and sig look like Skeletor. I must have Castle Greyskull back!

***MEANWHILE AT THE HALL OF JUSTICE***

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Peter
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Yama » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:19 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:True enough, the junk had been dying for a while

You said it, not us.
AnimeGamer183 wrote:could have been revived properly

Days without use is not proper, no.
AnimeGamer183 wrote:I will definitely call out the fuck ups made in the future. Dick move guys, dick move.

Cool story bro.

God forbid you expressed any type of gratitude towards any of the good we do around here. Seem like a one trick pony to me, harping on not even what's negative, but what you perceive to be negative. Must suck.

Yama has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, MiTT3NZ
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Junk wase nice when it was part of an era where it was used not to spam bullshit but after about 2005 that never came back and was just that bullshit and spam. Sadly some creative topics were deleted but life goes on. Also too many dicks around anyway needed some circumcision & this town needed an enema
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:37 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Less gay sex orgy talk = Less Shenmue-orientated? I know everyone jokes about the whole sailors aspect of Shenmue, but Jesus Christ...of Latter Day Saints

wat!

I agree about the gay sex crap. Like I dumped the blue dick thing ages ago the gay sex orgy got old.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Peter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Lets hope we can now move on. Once for all. Hopefully we all know where we all stand now, there shouldn't be any more major upsets. We are all approaching middle age so hopefully this place should be a little bit more mature than what it was a decade ago. The community is as vibrant as active as we could possibly hope for considering the status of Shenmue, but until the day comes when another Shenmue game is released, i trust we can all stop this place from falling apart. :nice!:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:46 am

I know you locked this Peter, but apparently the topic wasn't done as I received a PM. Rather deal with it here out in the open.

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Stop Yama, just stop. I dont want it to be like this, also my post did express graditude in the fact that I mentioned the old members coming back, and I know the staff had alot to do with that, I have been saying that has been good. Everything else I disagree with very much, too much has changed. I am going to formally ask you right here and now to put back the sub forums in General Gaming, and to put back the Junk forum. Its just too much to wade through in General Gaming, and something really seems missing from these forums with the junk forum gone. What were you thinking? I am a veteran member here, and you should listen to me, or atleast consider my advice. You are taking this places into dark waters, and I warning you now. There was nothing wrong with the way things were before I dont understand why everyone has been on this gung ho lets change everything trip, I dont see the current members that have come back for the time being, actually staying at this rate, in fact they all came back before anything was really changed, meaning they were fine with the way it was before. I know I can be the funny guy that loves to goof off but on the opposite side of that I can be very serious as well and I am coming to you being very serious right now. Think about it dude, good luck.

I respect that you care for the place, I won't take that away from you.

I am going to formally ask you right here and now to put back the sub forums in General Gaming

Yes, we moved all of the forums only to move them back, that's wise. Do you really expect us now to weed through and manually move thousands of topics into sub forums because that's how you want it? Not the community, but you. Seriously? Mind you, most of this was done to reduce the amount of tables on the back end and help speed up the forums and keep them from suffering from down time. See, if you would listen to me once in a while, you'd know this. It was for a good cause. Yet I'm supposed to consider your points when you don't even take mine and the communities for that matter into consideration.

I am a veteran member here, and you should listen to me

So is everyone else that spoke on the matter. Suddenly you are the community? Not a part of it? If the community spoke and opposed it as a whole, that would be that, they obviously didn't. The translation of this message was listen to you, not the community. I won't. I'll listen to everybody as I always have and unless you missed it, everybody spoke. I will always consider what you have to say, but in the end will choose what the majority wants and what is best for this community. When you let certain people have too much say and too much power, well... you know what happens, look back a few weeks.

By the way, so am I. I'll never twist it and say I've been as active as you've been over the years, but I've posted and lurked since 2003, I've seen the different eras first hand. I've seen your posts about me early on, checking the 'new member list' when I was added admin, "must be a new janitor", etc. Awesome stuff. Again, I've been here just as long as you have and unless you missed it, put a ton of effort forth since taking over.

I dont see the current members that have come back for the time being, actually staying at this rate, in fact they all came back before anything was really changed, meaning they were fine with the way it was before.

You are taking this places into dark waters, and I warning you now.

:rotflmao:

The entire reason they are here is because of the changes, I should screen cap my inbox. You have no clue how many people thanked me for bringing the forums out of the gutter, you can't be serious.

Moral of this story: Hiring new and fair management that the community respects, combining forums to help aid back end speed and lessen confusion and clutter = bad. I've wasted enough of my time. ](*,)

It's really nothing personal, I have zero beef with you on any real level. I'll still consider your thoughts on subjects that are being presented and think you can be a cool guy. But, I'm not going to sit here talk about what's already done and has been widely accepted through out the entire community.

P.S.: It's fun to play the blame game, but enough talking to me. The entire community was cool with the changes, the entire staff helped aid them. You're not talking to just me if you have an issue with this anymore, address everyone that it pertains to. Enjoy.

Yama has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, ShOzO MiZuKi
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Peter » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:09 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Stop Yama, just stop

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I am going to formally ask you right here and now to put back the sub forums in General Gaming, and to put back the Junk forum. Its just too much to wade through in General Gaming, and something really seems missing from these forums with the junk forum gone. What were you thinking? I am a veteran member here, and you should listen to me, or atleast consider my advice. You are taking this places into dark waters, and I warning you now.

:-s

Ummmm what?? Theres constructive criticism, and then theres that. What the heck. Is there some team out looking to lead this huge revolution or something? I mean a forum, a junk forum was deleted. Get over it! Are you telling me you have kept every piece of mail in your junk box of your email account? No, you delete it, and even if you dont it gets deleted for you in a certain time period.

Either way, this place will continue. Its still the same Dojo to me. Meh. This is just arguing for the sake of it. Image
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:29 pm

AG im sure we'll survive without it. If anything it unifies us to a central location in general to discuss things. Consider the general forum your "junk" forum without the nsfw and random stuff. I understand where you're coming from as someone who just wants to have fun but we also have to think of the sites professionalism, unity and speed. Along with console specific forums not having multiple confusing places to post about a multiplatform game is a welcome change. You'll get over it man trust me. It really doesnt change much when you think about what you want to post. Is it a game? General Games. Is it some random nonsensical news story? General discussion. No harm no foul aslong as its not blatently against TOS.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Look I will be ok without Junk either. Still kinda irked I lost 4400+ thanks but oh well. However I told Yama in private a more detailed version but the two staff members ganging up on AG doesn't look to fair or nice to me.I know nothing malice is intended but to unlock a topic just to publicly quote a private message..... :???:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Mitsuzuki » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:01 pm

Let's create a complaint forum and nest it about 50 levels deep. That way, by the time the complainers find their soapbox, they may have forgotten what it is they wanted to complain about. :)
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Axm » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Pretty sure Yama just wants to be fair with him about the situation. AG pm'ing him is well and good until you start claiming dark clouds will decend upon yama for his injustice. Seems like something we should talk about and reason with him about as a whole rather than like its just Yama who wants this done vs. AG. Atleast then we can say its fair because the community agrees. Has already agreed..
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Just saying I feel it's wrong to quote in public a Private Message. That's something wS did often but the difference there he was trying to humiliate them. I also think it's not fair to PM people recruiting them to post in this topic. I know nothing bad is intended but think it's just a bad move. Not trying to stir a pot but trying to be fair how I see it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:21 pm

I don't agree with everything AG says, but I can sympathize with his over all sentiment somewhat. I recognize the dojo less and less lately. Not even unmodding Ryudo, which everyone felt was the shinning silver bullet to all the problems and drama of the place has panned out quite like everyone may have expected if gaming thought a few days ago was any indication. I still see some deeply fractured cracks in the community that at best seem only obscured by the total overhaul. To be fair, I feel I must give kudos to Yama for trying so hard in what he feels are all great changes to the site. Passion to make things better is commendable even if ones views cannot always be reconciled with the same vision. Stagnation can just as easily cause as much harm as the wrong change. All the more so, that he would acknowledge and address concerns from animegamer rather than brushing such sentiments under the rug.

I just feel some what of a sting when I see an iconic board like the junk forum that has always been a part of the dojo up and deleted outright. It was never the most philosophical place of discussion, but I think it helped add to the over all flavor and personality of the place. It had qualities that are harder to quantify than something one can place on a spread sheet. When I was a moderator, I likely would have agreed with all of this. My view of perfection was total order. No clutter, no disorganization. Rules always enforced to the letter in a black and white interpretation of a terms of service. It's only now in my later years that I see some what of an intangible quality that is lost in the apparent squashing of any perceivable chaos.

In any event, the dye is cast and no ones opinion can halt change forever. Ryudo's staff departure marks a polarizing in the staffs resolve to overrule any form of dissension that contrasts the greater vision and is a reality we must all come to terms with if we are to stay. I am forced to consider the possibility that perhaps this is in fact the Shenmue Dojo as it was intended to be at this stage in it's life and members like Ryudo/Animegamer and myself are just relics of a begone era that are now the odd piece out in the new order, not the elements we now find alien to ourselves. Our dojo is now dead and a new dojo for a new generation has taken it's place. The last remnants of the old republic have been swept away. Such is the will of the Force. I would call upon animegamer and ryudo at this point to let the remainder of this matter go. There is no more to be further accomplished.

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Peter, Yama
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm not bothered with the changes. This place is now thing to post in as a passer by as in habit. I just felt quoting a private message in public and recruiting members via PM to help dissect the PM is wrong. I don't agree with AG really just how his PM no matter the content was brought public.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue Dojo