Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Yakuza series

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:09 pm

south carmain wrote: I called it, I thought you were done answering to me? and I'm right, they recoded the engine, rebuilt the cities, redid the textures, the shaders everything from top to bottom, character models clearly have a higher poly count, the have added gameplay variety which they couldn't do without recoding anyway, now tell me oh knowledgeable dorian who was supposed to stop replying to me 3 comments ago how building everything from the ground again using new improved everything isn't a redefinition, what more does it need? not to mention if you look closer even the general style has changed, it now has warmer colours, nearly colourful even

It's hard not to reply when somebody posts so much nonsense. I'm sorry. But - yet again - there's a difference between us. I talk about the topic. You talk about me. You are yet another user of this board having a problem with me? Ignore me. The function is there for a reason. Everything you posted on this matter is just showing that we have an improvement, not a redefinition. You blow things out of proportion, which is something I had to say no to. Very nice improvement blown by PR to epic proportions and blown even higher by you.

LOL@the "warmer colours" comment. It's an obvious difference of styles between various cities (not to mention four times of the day differences). There are Hokkaido parts with "cold colours" and so what?
Last edited by Dorian on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby south carmain » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:17 pm

you mean at all that right? if I was posting obvious nonsense then you wouldn't get all flustered and feel the need to ultimately reply with strawman arguments and false accusations, and yes the colours are warmer, it's the shaders they use, what's so surprising there? they use it everywhere in cinema, warmer colours does not mean warmer temperatures, now you're really avoiding the points and desperately trying to pick out whatever scraps you can because youe can't admit you are ultimately wrong, and why should I ignore you? take your own advice and ignore me lel
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:21 pm

^Just ignore him he craves on attention.

Anyway I like when games add stuff like the Ramen ads it brings a layer of realism to the games and makes you feel more sucked in. As long as Kiryu doesn't start turning to the camera and going. "Man I could really go for a Pepsi right now."
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:23 pm

south carmain wrote: you mean at all that right? if I was posting obvious nonsense then you wouldn't get all flustered and feel the need to ultimately reply with strawman arguments and false accusations, and yes the colours are warmer, it's the shaders they use, what's so surprising there? they use it everywhere in cinema, warmer colours does not mean warmer temperatures, now you're really avoiding the points and desperately trying to pick out whatever scraps you can because youe can't admit you are ultimately wrong, and why should I ignore you? take your own advice and ignore me lel

False accusations? Looks who's talking. You're a master of false accusations. That's why I'm putting you on ignore from now on. I'll finally stop replying to you. +10 points to common sense.

It was bloody stupid to write about the warmer colours. That's stating the obvious. You want a medal for that? What's next, writing that Y5 has a nice "press start" screen? I'm desperately trying not to indulge into your pathetic flame war and not to tell who you really are.

Ignore ON.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Awwwww. You two make a cute couple. Image
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby south carmain » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Riku Rose wrote: ^Just ignore him he craves on attention.

Anyway I like when games add stuff like the Ramen ads it brings a layer of realism to the games and makes you feel more sucked in. As long as Kiryu doesn't start turning to the camera and going. "Man I could really go for a Pepsi right now."

yeah you're right, I do feel like I'm being trolled tbh

south carmain has received a thanks from: Bluecast
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Dorian wrote:
south carmain wrote: you mean at all that right? if I was posting obvious nonsense then you wouldn't get all flustered and feel the need to ultimately reply with strawman arguments and false accusations, and yes the colours are warmer, it's the shaders they use, what's so surprising there? they use it everywhere in cinema, warmer colours does not mean warmer temperatures, now you're really avoiding the points and desperately trying to pick out whatever scraps you can because youe can't admit you are ultimately wrong, and why should I ignore you? take your own advice and ignore me lel

False accusations? Looks who's talking. You're a master of false accusations. That's why I'm putting you on ignore from now on. I'll finally stop replying to you. +10 points to common sense.

It was bloody stupid to write about the warmer colours. That's stating the obvious. You want a medal for that? What's next, writing that Y5 has a nice "press start" screen? I'm desperately trying not to indulge into your pathetic flame war and not to tell who you really are.

Ignore ON.

you're right, I only mentioned warmer colours, not every single aspect of the game that was changed before that, only warmer colours lel just goes to show hoe delusional you are, reminds me of that episode of south park whith kanye west where cartman thinks he's right against all logic
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:40 pm

I thought Yakuza 5 wasnt even out yet?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:44 pm

it's not unfortunately
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:54 pm

I finally platinumed Y3. The EX Hard wasn't so bad, but the last boss fight is pretty crazy if you're not using any extra items. Yet, it's also even more epic when you're playing it on EX Hard with just your bare fists. Too bad the AI is so bad and cheap, though. On a side note, the music from this battle is definitely my favourite from the entire Y3 OST.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:03 pm

lol dorian. He said ignore ON. At this rate he will be talking to himself.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Still looking to get into this series. Also think Y5 renders and visuals are mind blowing. Few pages back CR posted some faces and they were astounding.

Crimson Ryan wrote: Police Detective

An elderly detective who chases after trouble.

Detective of Osaka's organised crime unit.

He primarily chases after any trouble relating to the Omi Alliance or the underworld. In order to prevent total war between east and west, he rushes around across the country.

6 years ago, when the great feud between East and West, started by Goda Ryuji, broke out, the Osaka police were a step behind. Repentant for trailing behind to the Metropolitan Police Department, they are determined to resolve the forthcoming feud between east and west solely with their own force.

He has, in absolute secrecy, been keeping track of the alliance negotiations between the Tojo Clan and Yamakasa family in Fu.kuoka and, after the disappearance of Dojima Daigo, tries to get in touch with those involved. Since then, he has been providing information of any developments to the parties concerned. Fearing that police intervention will kick off the war, they opt to work behind the scenes in order to bring about a resolution to affairs in an indirect manner.

He has condescending eyes. No one can tell what he is thinking about because of the way he talks and acts. He is always close to the centre of trouble. What on earth is the intention of this man who is trying to control things...?

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:05 pm

south carmain wrote: it's not unfortunately

Then how are we having this huge argument about it, when no one has even actually played it yet? ](*,)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:52 am

Fucking christ, how much can two people go on and on about whether something looks prettier or not? I skipped the rest after the fifth post in a row.

Regardless, I'm kind of siding with Dorian on this; it isn't a huge improvement from a strictly visual standpoint, at least not in the battle gameplay shots. The shots from movie scenes look incredible though. The facial detail on certain characters is nuts.
Chances are that the change in graphics engine wasn't done just to make everything prettier though, but rather to allow more on-screen at once without slowdown, as well as being able to render larger cities in larger detail all at once. The technical stuff basically, rather than the aesthetic surface stuff.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Dorian, Who Really Cares?
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:00 am

Yea but they're pretty much arguing semantics. At the end of the day the game looks a lot better, a lot of work got put into it, will likely play much smoother and we'll all (or atleast most of us) will be very happy with the game. It doesn't matter what anyone is calling it, be it "reworking" or "redefining" we'll all STFU and buy it when it comes out.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: OL, Who Really Cares?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming