Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:34 am

There was a time when the word "Capcom" & "Mega Man" meant joy and many wonderful feelings.Today it's filled with bitterness and anger from most. One day I hope those old feelings are restored.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Dorian » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:19 am

Dorian has received 2 thanks from: mue 26, OL
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:01 pm

So I was at work the other day, and I noticed one of the new guys is sitting around playing a PSP I walk over and ask what he is playing, and he is playing FF8 on a hacked PSP 3000, and I was like sweet. Next thing I know he starts playing a PSP homebrew magic the gathering game called wagic and we start talking about play magic and what not. So long story short I found another nerd at work to talk about games with, also I think we are going to start hanging out soon and I will have a buddy to play MTG with sometimes now. 8)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:35 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: So I was at work the other day, and I noticed one of the new guys is sitting around playing a PSP I walk over and ask what he is playing, and he is playing FF8 on a hacked PSP 3000, and I was like sweet. Next thing I know he starts playing a PSP homebrew magic the gathering game called wagic and we start talking about play magic and what not. So long story short I found another nerd at work to talk about games with, also I think we are going to start hanging out soon and I will have a buddy to play MTG with sometimes now. 8)

reminds me of how I used to make friends as a child lol I wish things were as simple nowadays

south carmain has received a thanks from: mue 26
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby mue 26 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:45 pm

:lol:
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:47 pm

south carmain wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: So I was at work the other day, and I noticed one of the new guys is sitting around playing a PSP I walk over and ask what he is playing, and he is playing FF8 on a hacked PSP 3000, and I was like sweet. Next thing I know he starts playing a PSP homebrew magic the gathering game called wagic and we start talking about play magic and what not. So long story short I found another nerd at work to talk about games with, also I think we are going to start hanging out soon and I will have a buddy to play MTG with sometimes now. 8)

reminds me of how I used to make friends as a child lol I wish things were as simple nowadays

and how exactly do you make them now then? Whats different?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:51 pm

well through parties and what not, but then I stopped drinking, smoking etc so I lost interest with most of these people, nowadays I mostly meet boring people from work and the constant travelling between countries doesn't help much, I haven' met someone with similar interests to me that is around my ages in probably 3 years, or when I do they're borderline insane completely immersed by it so not really that fun to be around :lol:
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby OL » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:27 pm

I never meet people who have the same interests as me. Or rather, I do occasionally, but it's never to quite the extent that my interests go.
Most guys tend to like videogames these days, for example, but I never meet any that would know what the fuck I was talking about if I mentioned stuff like Yakuza, Shenmue, Parasite Eve, Onimusha, etc.
This place is my only real outlet for videogame stuff, except for the occasional times I'll get my brother on the phone, or my old buddy from highschool.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:30 pm

^Same. Most friends play only CoD and Fifa when it comes to video games. Occasionally people I know will play a game like Red Dead or Batman which is always fun to talk about but I don't know anyone who would enjoy Yakuza. Luckily most of my friends have the same taste in movies though.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby south carmain » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:30 pm

yeah pretty much the same, everyone I know are mostly interested only in sports games and the current shooters, doesn't help that half of them don't speak english so getting them in to Yakuza and less mainstream games is near impossible
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:02 pm

And the last few posts have explained part of the big collective of what is wrong with gamers and the video game industry this day and age.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Which is why going to conventions or events about video games is a good place to meet like minded people who like the same sort of games. Generally though, I feel exactly as you guys do, never have met anybody who likes the same games that I do and when I did, that was in my school years. I used to have a buddy who loved Final Fantasy XII, should have listened to him, at the time, lol
I have a friend at work who's into PC games, but not into the same sort as myself (he's a Bethesda fan).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:57 pm

I used to know a lot of people who liked the same games as me, but they got all boring and spent more time getting drunk and high. Even when I'm working I generally find people who play sports games and shooters. Thankfully my partner, my roommate and my girlfriend all play the same kinds of games as me.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: south carmain
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby south carmain » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I used to know a lot of people who liked the same games as me, but they got all boring and spent more time getting drunk and high. Even when I'm working I generally find people who play sports games and shooters. Thankfully my partner, my roommate and my girlfriend all play the same kinds of games as me.

lucky bastard, mine just plays cellphone games and wii sports, I got her mario party she played it once and since hasn't touched it
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming