Crimson Dragon [Project Draco]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Crimson Dragon [Project Draco]

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Not a good sign

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/11/crims ... -provided/

Unless, maybe adding controller support?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Could this be behind the slight delay?

http://playxbla.com/crimson-dragon-side ... mber-12th/

We are excited to announce that Crimson Dragon: Side Story is launching on Windows Phone September 12th! The Crimson Dragon franchise is important to us and we’re doubling down on the series. Enjoy Crimson Dragon: Side Story and stay tuned for more updates coming soon!
Game Features:

• In Story Mode, take control of Sana and her dragon White Reaver as they are sent on a special mission revolving around the mysterious pandemic called “Crimonscale Disease”.

• In Mission Mode, the player faces a variety of situations such as high difficulty stages and continuous boss battles, competing for high scores while collecting powerful skills.

• Over 170 Skills are available to be unlocked in-game, and the unlocked skills can be “awakened” in the dragon by using “jewels”. The more powerful the skill, the more jewels are required for awakening.

• Jewels are available not only through the gameplay, but also can be obtained using a location service based on calculation of the distance a player traveled per day in the real world. Additional jewels are also available for purchase. Enter a world dominated by dragons

Who Really Cares? has received 2 thanks from: OL, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:04 pm

5 posts in a row :oops: But this is worth it.

Dev already talking CD 2 and not only would it be controller based but would be an RPG like Saga.

Due to be released this year on Xbox Live Arcade, Crimson Dragon is a Kinect-only spiritual successor to Sega’s Panzer Dragoon series, and comes from series creator Yukio Futatsugi. In an interview with games™, Futatsugi has confirmed that if and when he creates a sequel to Crimson Dragon it will expand the on-rails shooting gameplay into an RPG just as Panzer Dragoon did with Panzer Dragoon Saga in 1998. He even tells us that such a game would drop Kinect in favour of physical controls and take place in a psudeo open world.

Compared to Panzer Dragoon Saga he says that “some points would be similar, but Panzer Dragoon Saga is 15 years old. Of course we can’t make an open-world RPG on an Xbox Live game development budget, but I want to make a game that feels like an open world, but has a very focused story. So I want to combine them using different thinking to make a Crimson Dragon RPG.”

“Because Crimson Dragon was designed as a multiplayer game, we couldn’t have a single character focus,” Futatsugi continues. “But in Crimson Dragon RPG we would have a strong main character,” Futatsugi says. “In the shooter, players learn about the world and who the enemies are. If I make a ‘Crimson Dragon Saga’ it would directly connect to the ending of the first Crimson Dragon. The shooter is just a prologue to the bigger story. So if you want to see a Crimson Dragon RPG, you should get the original Crimson Dragon so you can see the story. And if I make a Crimson Dragon RPG, I don’t think it’ll have turn-based battles. It’ll be like the original shooter with action-RPG elements.”

As always with these things, the fate of Crimson Dragon RPG lies in the success of the first game, so we’re sure Futatsugi and Microsoft will be watching sales of the Live Arcade Game closely when it’s released later this year.

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/discuss/crimso ... s-creator/

Right now i need someone to reply, Not doing 6 posts in a row :lol:

Who Really Cares? has received 2 thanks from: OL, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:15 pm

That sounds effing brilliant. I missed out on PDS unfortunately, and chances are best that I'll never get to play it. So a similarly-constructed game from the same creator would be cool to get into.
I like that he mentions that it would have controller support. Makes me think he would like to do that for the first game as well.
Maybe if they ever release another Live Arcade collection with it on disc, maybe controller support will be included...
I'm a broken record about that, but I'd really like to play this game, and the Kinect-only bullshit is so very unfortunate.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:34 pm

This was filmed in April

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Who Really Cares? on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:45 pm

I'm sold.....as soon as it has Controller support and on disc.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Peter » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:33 pm

I have a real fondness in my heart for this due to the whole coding circumstances of PDS coding etc. Yukio Futatsugi should just be given the funding to do PDS on a current gen console, its just i feel this has the while "building from the ground up" approach. Ironically like Yu Suzuki.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:40 am

phpBB [video]

We were unable to play a few of the games on Microsoft's booth, but we did get to grab some gameplay footage for all to see! Here we see Grounding's Crimson Dragon. It looks like Child of Eden and Panzer Dragoon had a baby. A cool-looking baby.

Why are these vids always of people who don't seem to have a clue of what to do?

Still Child Of Eden really is better with Kinect so this should be a great game.
Last edited by Who Really Cares? on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:42 am

Peter wrote: I have a real fondness in my heart for this due to the whole coding circumstances of PDS coding etc. Yukio Futatsugi should just be given the funding to do PDS on a current gen console, its just i feel this has the while "building from the ground up" approach. Ironically like Yu Suzuki.

I want the god damn golden age back. No I don't mean shitty 80's and shitty Atari. The 90's with 90's SEGA. 90's Capcom. 90's Squaresoft. List goes on but it really sucks these guys that were icons in thier day are being shoved into direct to DVD shelves instead of getting the big screen treatment like they deserve.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Thief » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:47 am

As much as I love Panzer Dragoon (and I loooooooooove it), I'm still not sold on this. I just can't get into playing games by awkwardly flailing my hands. I'd buy it, in a heartbeat, if it had controller support. But for now I guess it'll just be something I'll keep my eye on.

Thief has received a thanks from: OL
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:15 am

Well this is more a quick flick rather than flailing of hands. ;-) But yeah it would do better if it had controller support as well but who knows maybe it could/will be added later.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:39 am

I'm buying it gotta support this
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:08 am

Ive still got Saga which is awesome so if this is the only chance of getting a follow up its got my support [had it anyways] seeing as Sega wont do a port [Don't belive the lost the code stuff].
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:37 am

This is making me wanna go home and fire up PDS (always feel a sense of pride knowing i own a copy)

Peter has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:41 am

Same here. Sure i read Sega only released around 30K copies of it outside Japan?

I remember the official Saturn mag giving away the entire first disc with one issue which i ended up having to lend to loads of people at school until i got the game and stopped caring who had it.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming