Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:36 am

Shenmue ready for next gen topic always makes me laugh so if you have yet to you should re read that.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:36 am

Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:53 am

Sundays suck without the premier league on.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:43 am

Adam Doree still has people looking to hunt him down and burn him alive for that Kikizo article :lol:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby south carmain » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:55 am

ah shit I missed the debate, but I'll just add my 2 cents anyway, mitts has a point if a common gay family adapt a child, of course there will be little problems if they are upper class and can afford to send their children to good rated private schools but for the working/poorer classes that would be a huge handicap on the kid, public schools got so bad here that they were forced to install cameras in a great number of them and suicides over things a lot less important happen pretty often, and not to mention that gang culture is rampant in the poorer areas and they don't keep to themselves, they find any excuse they can to starts confrontations with people and this could mean abuse for the kid every time he goes out forcing him to avoid certain areas and people all the time, but again it really depends on what class they are from, especially here in London

south carmain has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:09 am

Yeaaaaaaa that debate ended around the same time as the Gulf War
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:19 am

south carmain wrote: ah shit I missed the debate, but I'll just add my 2 cents anyway, mitts has a point if a common gay family adapt a child, of course there will be little problems if they are upper class and can afford to send their children to good rated private schools but for the working/poorer classes that would be a huge handicap on the kid, public schools got so bad here that they were forced to install cameras in a great number of them and suicides over things a lot less important happen pretty often, and not to mention that gang culture is rampant in the poorer areas and they don't keep to themselves, they find any excuse they can to starts confrontations with people and this could mean abuse for the kid every time he goes out forcing him to avoid certain areas and people all the time, but again it really depends on what class they are from, especially here in London

This is the longest sentence ever created.

QWERTY has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby south carmain » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:26 am

0X word
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:29 am

Peter wrote: Adam Doree still has people looking to hunt him down and burn him alive for that Kikizo article :lol:

Didn't he end up having to leave Kikizo not long after? And is that site even around now?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 am

I still think Adam Doree was Louis trying thr biggest trolling ever in the history of the internet. Actually setting up an entire website, gaining fans, then come up with the biggest lulz for Shenmue 3 here at the Dojo.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:34 am

I think he was really......

LanDC
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby KiBa » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:59 am

But like the Gulf War, it's not the final word. Now, allow me shock and awe you. The problem with gay marriage is that it's being forced on communities that want to define marriage themselves, as has always been the right of free people: to make their society the way they want. Even people who support gay marriage attempt to organize displays of democratic force to impress the world, thereby undermining their cause, if it turns out a majority of people still oppose it. Then they get a sympathetic judge to overrule the majority. Well, obviously that just breeds more resentment, and rightly so. That has been the history of this stupid, false, and divisive battle since the beginning, at least in the United States. And now our unwise leaders want to make it worse by trying to force such decisions from the top, and enforce one way of life throughout all the states and territories. Only naive people could want this - people who think you can force what you think is right on people who believe it to be wrong. Look at the long-term destruction and hatred caused by the last U.S. Civil War. That's still not over. Was it worth it? Well, keeping the Union together was worth it, and the South needlessly rebelled, as Lincoln would not have freed the slaves because of all the reasons I just mentioned. Imagine a different world that realized that not every group of people would ever agree on everything, nonetheless respected the right of groups to run things the way they want, and all sides respect territories in which anyone could live who they'd like, among the kind of people they prefer. That is sanity. That could have been a very different history where slaves could have been freed without bloodshed, the South wouldn't have been devastated, and millions of their happy descendants would be alive today. The alternative was and is forcing billions of people who fundamentally disagree with each other to obey the precepts of only one group. That is wrong and it's impossible. Nobody ought to face an inquisition to justify their beliefs in logical terms, when it is obvious that no moral beliefs are rational. Almost every value any person holds dear is completely irrational. That doesn't make them wrong, anymore than not being able to logically explain why revenge is wrong would necessarily make certain kinds of murder legal in modern Western nations. In fact, I'd wager most people think revenge is right in most circumstances. But if you try to explain something as simple as why you love your mother, you'll probably miserably fail in the attempt, or utter some obvious facts or common sentiments that do not logically explain why you do what you do. So, stop pretending that it's rational to support this or that social movement, and anyone who can't explain their opposition is an irrational moron. People shouldn't have to explain what they feel, and if they're wrong, you shouldn't force them to change, as if you know better what's right. Oh, you can think you've won by getting a mere law changed on paper, but no one has any power over the hearts of individuals, but individuals themselves. And if you're seriously naive enough to think that humanity or the world can be perfected, you've entirely missed the point of reality. If nature hasn't taught you the truth already, let me enlighten you: this life, this universe, is the place where nobody gets what they want. This is the place where we survive what we don't want. The whole of nature is fundamentally ordered to this test. So stop being a pussy, and leave your fellow bastards alone. Life is too fragile and short, and experience too effective a teacher, to indulge in the fantasy that just one more law, one more social protest, will magically transform this infinite space into your own personal paradise - a sparkling new world where the countless billions who are just like you will suddenly and inextricably harmonize with all your hopes and aspirations like a flashmob. Get real. Talk about the Himalayan summit of self-centeredness. Only hardcore intense spoiled brats think this way, which is why you usually only find such wankery among the richest nations.

Can't forget to type in black!

KiBa has received a thanks from: south carmain
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:18 am

great speech kiba, I'm sure somewhere an eagle shed a tear of pride when you finished typing
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:47 am

All i saw was a brick wall. :oops:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:20 pm

That brick wall was supposed to enlighten you, but don't worry since it fails at doing it. Kiba uses the deceitful Aristotle's logic all the time so it's not worth shitting your panites over. In this case, he also completely ignores the fact that he is against something that he himself does all the time to others (as a part of those 'communities' he advocates so strongly for that his nipples go all wild).
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic