Aggravating gaming moments

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Aggravating gaming moments

Postby Axm » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:42 am

A topic to talk about times you flipped your lid about a game. Not talking specificly broken controllers but more generally like so..

Once I was literally seconds away from turning in my last mission in Boarderlands to hit level 50 and get my platinum trophy, took a couple months to reach that point as I don't have a million years to play games anymore.
Suddenly as im walking my character over to the mission turn in point, the game crashes and save file goes corrupt.
Got mad, traded it in, even wrote a email to Gear Box about it. Hah..

Now it's free on PS+ and playing through it again just to ding 50 and finally get that stupid unnecessary platinum.
I rarely really try for Plats or 100% so that was pretty frustrating.

Axm has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Re: Aggravating gaming moments

Postby Thief » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:56 am

I was going for a 100% file in Ocarina of Time and got everything, or at least I thought I did. Turns out I missed a Deku Nut Upgrade that is glitched. You can only get it before turning to an adult for the first time. So my 100% file became a 99.9% File. My OCD was worse then so I restarted and did it all again... this time making sure I got the upgrade. Back then I wanted to get 100% in every Zelda game. Made it through Link's Awaking, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker before giving up and becoming sane (relatively).
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:57 am

:lol: Jokatech had a over 1000 page topic like this where he mostly replied to himself because he sucks so much at games.

I will put a recent example. Darksiders II.
Two areas with something in them I hated. I love the game to death but this pissed me off. The Scar. Starting at 12:31. It's not like it's actually hard. No. Just the controls at times don't respond correctly. When I press up he will go to the side when I press go to the side he goes up. Because of that you die often and the camera angle sucks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtuOKnbOxQs[/youtube]
12:31
A little later in the game something similar called the furnace and the same frustration because of the camera angle and controls. This is one of those games the controls change depending on perspective and it get's confusing.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:59 am

Axm wrote: the game crashes and save file goes corrupt.

Wanna know something terrifying? That happens in a ton of games to a ton of people(happened to me earlier), but its a very simple fix to make sure that never happens.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:04 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Axm wrote: the game crashes and save file goes corrupt.

Wanna know something terrifying? That happens in a ton of games to a ton of people(happened to me earlier), but its a very simple fix to make sure that never happens.

Darksiders II has so many bugs and crashes it's been named Bugsiders II, I never seen a game crash as often as DSII. They patched some parts but still crashes often. The only thing that has saved the game is it constantly auto saves so I never really lost much at all.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Martin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:05 am

Grunty Industries in Banjo-Tooie.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:22 am

Martin wrote: Grunty Industries in Banjo-Tooie.

I've never beaten Banjo-Tooie, but my girlfriend threw her cat at me once for distracting her. It looks like a pain in the ass, but the boss for the good ending in that game looks even worse.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:40 am

In 2004 I was playing Skies of Arcadia and put in 55 hours. Then my game froze i think or something and my data was corrupted. Maybe a year later I had yet again put in 50 hours and my power went out mid save and yup lost my data. So I bought it on DC played and finished. I have since played it and finished on GCN as well.

Star Fox Assault. Day I bought it I was about to finish the game and something fucked up I lost all my data got so pissed I put it on the shelf never played again til I sold it.

Pizza the Batt in No More Heroes 2. Seriously cheap ass motherfucker.

Sonic Generations last boss the poor design made me give up on it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:43 am

The final fight with Shao Kahn in the MK reboot. Spent about three hours tryna beat him first time round. Did him on the third try second time round.

Shivering Isles for Oblivion was annoying too. Not that it was difficult, I just didn't care about any of it, felt cheated outta my money, so just turned the difficulty down to zero and twatted my way through the whole thing within an hour.

Sonic 2 on the Mega Drive used to piss me off when I was a kid. Silver Sonic or Razor Sonic, whatever that version of Metal Sonic was called was fucking frustrating. And even if you did get past him, one hit by Robotnik and you have to go through the whole thing again.

Then there's Double Agent on the 360. Loved the game, but in the snowy level on the boat, there's a glitch that fucks up the sound, turns off the music, sound effects, and voice overs, so all you get is the ambience. That kinds fucked me up a lot coz in Stealth games, I listen out for what guards are saying (I reckon all these mini-maps in games are a form of cheating stealth-wise, don't like em at all, and render shit like Fisher's goggles totally redundant)

Last thing is when the graphics in some games actually make it difficult to play, when you honestly can't find what you're lookin for because of how poorly designed it is, from plants to colour filters. Oh, and when important items you drop suddenly disappear whereas the useless ones don't (case in point, Deus Ex: HR)
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Spokane » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:18 pm

I have a small bite mark on my black PS3 controller (my other one is red), I bit it when I was mad a few months ago. What game was it? Let me think. Ah, yes, it was one of the bosses in Nier I believe. The one where he is terrorizing the village and I was having a bitch of a time beating it at the time when its about to attack the library. I think the bite mark is from that, maybe something else from that game though.

Assassin's Creed II. Some of those puzzles for figuring out the Glyph riddles were real pains. And some of the tombs were tough. That final one with the timed obstacle course took me a good 30 tries or so, little room for mistake at all. And the one in Florence where you have to run and climb the exact route without room for mistakes too.

Really there is no game I don't run into an aggravating part.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:26 pm

I thought the AC games are too easy tbh.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Spokane » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:38 pm

That's probably why those parts seemed hard, because everything else was too easy.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:05 pm

A rather incredible-that-they-missed-it bug in Skyrim that means after doing a certain quest that involved me getting sent to jail, I didn't get a lot of my key items back. Meant I had to go right back to the save at the start of it, and do it differently (killing everyone inside, which I didn't want to do) just to get my shit back.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Bluecast wrote: In 2004 I was playing Skies of Arcadia and put in 55 hours. Then my game froze i think or something

oh god something similar happened to me, I beat the final boss of the game just for it to freeze, to this day I still don't know the ending of SOA, hopefully it gets a HD release soon so I can

as for frustrating moments I nearly broke my controller a few times playing mid town madness I guess, my first copy of deux ex: HR also froze when you go to shanghai, last time I bought a game second hand...

the recent one was FF13-2, I hadn't slept in 36 hours and I was doing the clock puzzles where you're supposed to walk on the numbers in the right order to complete it, I think it was the 10 or 12 one that randomises each time you fail making it even more frustrating, I got it in the end but still
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Labyrinth of Amala in SMT3: Nocturne,
Some of the marks in FFXII which just destroyed me (Trickster comes to mind)
Growlanser IV where it's you vs. monsters vs, the female angel it's just crazy hectic.
Golgorand Execution Site/Golgollada Gallows in Final Fantasy Tactics is the most difficult battle in the game for me (the first Wiegraf battle is easy once you know the trick to it).
Hospital stage in Siren: Blood Curse.
Final battle against the Tyrant (Mr. X) in RE2.
Devil Survivor 2 where you fight the boss battle against Ronaldo and then team up with him against the alien. Still haven't gotten past that (either Day 3 or Day 4).
The real (there's a few of them) final battle in Drakengard 1 is legendary hard.
The final boss in Vagrant Story. Throughout the game you are pretty much told to find the enemy's weakness, with this boss...
he has none!

The tower in NG+ for Parasite Eve, dungeon crawling tower full of bosses and really hard enemies.
Final boss in Metal Gear AC!D 1.

Lost more than a few times on those...

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Yama
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Next

Return to General Gaming