Wii U

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Wii U

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Ah shit I think Tekken Tag, Epic Mickey 2 and Assassin's Creed 3 will also be launch games.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Yukupo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Bluecast wrote: I'm getting the 32GB Wii U and so far Wii U is really stepping up to the plate
I'm pretty excited too. When I get a job I'll definitely pick one up.

The Wii U storage media is confirmed to be Blu-ray based and support up to 25 GB of data per disc, at 22.5 MB/s data transfer rate. Nintendo might reveal more Wii U specs tomorrow at the event in New York.
Here's hoping that means it will play Blurays too. I mean, only PS3 does right now so they'd be silly not to. (Course, they were silly not to let Wii play DVDs.)

Yukupo has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Seriously can't decide on launch games. Darksiders 2, Sega Racing 2, Mario Wiiu (I have a soft spot for Yoshi), Zombiu, and Ninja Gaiden 3

Earn a little cash suck some dick get them all everybody wins...except some of those men might give you a cold sore....hmmmm

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Yukupo wrote:
Bluecast wrote: I'm getting the 32GB Wii U and so far Wii U is really stepping up to the plate

The Wii U storage media is confirmed to be Blu-ray based and support up to 25 GB of data per disc, at 22.5 MB/s data transfer rate. Nintendo might reveal more Wii U specs tomorrow at the event in New York.
Here's hoping that means it will play Blurays too. I mean, only PS3 does right now so they'd be silly not to. (Course, they were silly not to let Wii play DVDs.)

No it won't Nintendo doesn't like to pay license fee's. Also remember Wii discs were not DVD but Wii Optical media. Wii U will also be proprietary. Good thing is like Wii I bet homebrew let's you play blu ray like DVD on Wii.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Looking at the launch window this might be one of the better launch lineup in quite some time. Sure some are ports but ports of some good games. Also very varied. Are you more the casual type? They have some of those for that/ Are you more of the Call of Duty type they got that also. Are you just in for varied genres like Action Adventure sports strategy (well sorta but not really) Horror? RPG? It's there at launch.

I think Nintendo finally got it where they failed with 3DS,DS,Wii, GCN and N64. Yeah all those had a weak launch.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Hope they talk about monolith's game soon.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Yukupo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Bluecast wrote:No it won't Nintendo doesn't like to pay license fee's. Also remember Wii discs were not DVD but Wii Optical media. Wii U will also be proprietary. Good thing is like Wii I bet homebrew let's you play blu ray like DVD on Wii.
Well they should pay them because Bluray would be a MAJOR selling point for me. I don't have a Bluray player. If it was a major selling point for a customer and it was between this or a PS3, they might just go for PS3. (Speaking for myself here as I want both of these consoles.)

And this is a little different. When Wii came out, everything had a DVD player in it. But now it's just PS3 that has a bluray player. It's still something of a premium option.

Also it's unfortunate but I never got DVD working with homebrew on Wii. :cry:
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Wait despite Wii U will have 480P it only ships with a HDMI cable? So does that mean I can't get a Wii U?If I can't get AV cables then Nintendo lost a sale at least til I can get a TV. Or can I use my Wii AV cables?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Wii U's launch proves that the HD consoles came out too early. It would have been better for everybody if they came out a few years later. Ironically, Wii U will make Sony and Microsoft repeat that mistake by rushing PS4 and the next Xbox.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:15 pm

We're here at Nintendo's Wii U event in New York City where the gaming outfit's prexy Reggie Fils-Aime just announced US pricing and release details for the console, as well as it's own unique TVii service. And now that those important tidbits have been squared away, it's time to focus on the hardware. Yes, you may have seen the Wii U console many times before, but the House that Mario built's been notoriously stingy about giving media access to a non-tethered unit. Well, the time has come to see nearly every facet of this next-gen contender. As you'll note in the gallery below, the only area the Big N wouldn't let us photograph is this Premium version's backside. For whatever reason, the company doesn't want those ports shown, but we can tell you what they consist of: AC adapter, AV multiout, sensor bar, HDMI out and what looks like two ports for USB. Undecided on whether you should be placing that pre-order right about now? Then take a tour of this onyx pair and see if it changes things any.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/13/nint ... hoto-tour/
All is well
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Nintendo just confirmed you can plug in any external HDD. They said up to 3 TB. Well I think that settles that.

Not to mention you can use up to 32GB SD cards so if ya want 64GB of on board storage and 3TB HDD. I like that

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Yukupo
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Try using the edit button. :nice!:

OL has received a thanks from: Dorian
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby nzk0 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Man, I wonder what it'll retail for in Mexico, new consoles are always super expensive here ... :(
nzk0
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: nzk0
Currently playing: Sleeping Dogs

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Bluecast wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Seriously can't decide on launch games. Darksiders 2, Sega Racing 2, Mario Wiiu (I have a soft spot for Yoshi), Zombiu, and Ninja Gaiden 3

Earn a little cash suck some dick get them all everybody wins...except some of those men might give you a cold sore....hmmmm

Bluecast wrote:
Yukupo wrote:

No it won't Nintendo doesn't like to pay license fee's. Also remember Wii discs were not DVD but Wii Optical media. Wii U will also be proprietary. Good thing is like Wii I bet homebrew let's you play blu ray like DVD on Wii.

Bluecast wrote:Looking at the launch window this might be one of the better launch lineup in quite some time. Sure some are ports but ports of some good games. Also very varied. Are you more the casual type? They have some of those for that/ Are you more of the Call of Duty type they got that also. Are you just in for varied genres like Action Adventure sports strategy (well sorta but not really) Horror? RPG? It's there at launch.

I think Nintendo finally got it where they failed with 3DS,DS,Wii, GCN and N64. Yeah all those had a weak launch.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Hope they talk about monolith's game soon.

Crimson Ryan has received 3 thanks from: Dorian, OL, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:33 pm

I can't get one at launch but hopefully when my birthday in Jan. Def getting Rayman Legends,The Wonderful 101,Darksiders II (yes again) and maybe pikmin 3
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming