Bayonetta 2 Launches 2014

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Bayonetta 2 Launches 2014

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:19 pm

The executives of Platinum Games, who were among the only people on Earth not to be shocked by the announcement of a Nintendo-published, Wii U-exclusive Bayonetta 2, issued statements on the company's website about their exciting news, and about the choice to work with Nintendo.

"The console games market is in a state of upheaval, so establishing a new game franchise requires a considerable amount of will, determination, and love," said Platinum CEO Tatsuya Minami. "Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more gamers, so we have continued to consult with Sega, the previous game's publisher, on how we can make sure this takes place. Our answer was a new partnership with Nintendo."

Director Yusuke Hashimoto spoke more about the narrative setup and game world. For empowering our heroine with incredible new action to introducing new characters (which you may have noticed in the teaser trailer), Bayonetta will further expand on the mythology of the Trinity of Realities – Inferno, Paradiso, and our human world. I can't wait to take the journey with you.

Supervisor Hideki Kamiya boasted of a successful secret. "Even though there has been a bit of a gap since the release of the last game, but I still got lots of request for a sequel from gamers. We were secretly making one the entire time." Kamiya said he is supervising the "world, story, characters, etc." and working closely with new director Hashimoto.

We personally like Kamiya's succinct reaction on Twitter. "Lots of !s & ?s & XDs & DXs. I can understand all of them."

I only played the demo of the first and loved it. I do agree with OL the main character is annoying like some dumb lank chick from hot topic. I still need to get the game.
phpBB [video]
Last edited by Bluecast on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Bayonetta 2

Postby OL » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:58 pm

"WiiU, GET OVER IT."
:lol:
Yes, I think I'll live.

OL has received a thanks from: Bluecast
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:59 pm

:lol: at that vid
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:09 pm

First game was crap.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: First game was crap.

Someone is trolling because it's not coming to their console of choice. Like the comments in the video...or you played it on PS3 in that case you'd be right as the PS3 version was garbage.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Or he just didn't like it :-k

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Kenny
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Bluecast wrote:

Someone is trolling because it's not coming to their console of choice. Like the comments in the video...or you played it on PS3 in that case you'd be right as the PS3 version was garbage.

Not trolling, just indifferent really. And yeah, I only have a PS3 so that guess was correct. I did follow it for a while, actually. Watched reviews, forum opinions, the whole nine yards. Ultimately, it was very disappointing.

Even if it were coming to PS3 I still couldn't care any less :devillaugh:

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Bluecast wrote:

Not trolling, just indifferent really. And yeah, I only have a PS3 so that guess was correct. I did follow it for a while, actually. Watched reviews, forum opinions, the whole nine yards. Ultimately, it was very disappointing.

Even if it were coming to PS3 I still couldn't care any less :devillaugh:

Haha fair enough. Even the 360 version I loved what I played but at the same time I HAD NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT WAS GOING ON! :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:36 pm

I think the virtues of the 360 version over the PS3 get brought up too much. I'm no expert, not having played the full game of course, but I do know that the core game is exactly the same across both of them. Levels, characters, gameplay, music, design work, etc.
It's all technical stability and better graphics that the 360 offers.
If the core game is the same, I fail to see how the PS3 version could be considered shite compared to the 360 version's supposed brilliance. One is obviously better, of course, I just don't see how a few glitches or graphical advantages can somehow make one of them shit and the other one amazing.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:02 pm

OL wrote: I think the virtues of the 360 version over the PS3 get brought up too much. I'm no expert, not having played the full game of course, but I do know that the core game is exactly the same across both of them. Levels, characters, gameplay, music, design work, etc.
It's all technical stability and better graphics that the 360 offers.
If the core game is the same, I fail to see how the PS3 version could be considered shite compared to the 360 version's supposed brilliance. One is obviously better, of course, I just don't see how a few glitches or graphical advantages can somehow make one of them shit and the other one amazing.

Thing is there's content and performance. The PS3 has the content, but part of actually playing it is performance. The whole point of Bayonetta is the fact that its a very free and open battle system that allows the player to seamlessly change weapons mid combo and its able to recognize inputs with per-frame accuracy like that of a fighting game. When you take that out of the game then its not the same game.

Think about a Hadoken. With more frames no matter when you do it, so long as no other attack has priority it'll happen. Now think about how frustrating laggy matches are, because the framerate has dipped and the game isn't testing for inputs as much you could do the input 5 or 6 times and it won't be recognized for a while. Thats a whole lot less enjoyable, because skill has been removed because the game can't react as quickly as you (and at times not at all)

Back to Bayonetta, going from Shura, to Killgore, switching sets and going to pillowtalk requires some intense input. Add to that the fact that you cancel combos, and even cancel into a dodge and back into the combo from the same spot and you need the system to be extremely stable, especially once you start being able to block.

Thats what makes one game dramatically different from the other as one is unable to actually execute the biggest feature.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Tuffty
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Tuffty » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Reading the comments the 'fans' left in that video, they don't deserve to play the sequel. And I've seen it happen before with MW2, same with L4D2, they're a bunch of hypocrites who'll buy it anyway.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:40 pm

what I think is hilarious is that Vanquish runs on the same engine but i prefer that on PS3 by a longshot lol
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Tuffty wrote: Reading the comments the 'fans' left in that video, they don't deserve to play the sequel. And I've seen it happen before with MW2, same with L4D2, they're a bunch of hypocrites who'll buy it anyway.

Will you be getting BLOPSII? true I'm no Cod fan but the game pad game play and controlling the drones I thought was interesting.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Tuffty » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm kind of tired of COD right now having played them all since COD4. So probably not a launch day release. Maybe at some point down the line I will. Maybe.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: what I think is hilarious is that Vanquish runs on the same engine but i prefer that on PS3 by a longshot lol

I need to play through that again someday. I liked parts of it, but I think the crazy proclamations of how brilliantly perfect it was all over the internet kind of ruined the overall experience by making me expect it to be something more than just a kind of "good" TPS (as opposed to the godlike excellence some people claimed it to be).
I think I might like it more on a second playthrough, knowing exacty what it's like beforehand.
OL
Shenmue III

Next

Return to General Gaming