Promotional marketing idea's for Shenmue HD

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Promotional marketing idea's for Shenmue HD

Postby Axm » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:32 am

So i've come up with a great scenario for the near future. I know its way early to talk about because theirs nothing officially announced but, I don't know if anyone else has discussed it before though.

When it comes time for (hopefully) Shenmue to come out on PSN and XBL, we will want to support it as much as possible. Obviously theirs many things we can do over the internet, thats already been discussed plenty and we will be very active on that front. However, when it comes to promoting outside of the internet I feel we can reach a greater impact in people's minds when considering to buy Shenmue on PSN and XBL.

So im prepared to make some promotional items for a guerrilla marketing campaign.
When the time comes I want to make stickers pushing people to buy it.
"Support the Shenmue 3 cause. Buy Shenmue HD on PSN and XBL today!"
Or something to that effect. Ofcourse in cool lettering, and really I would want the stickers to be high quality and look nice and professional. I have one such friend who could get this done for me.
Ideally we could place these stickers all over the place. Around local game stores would be a prime target. Any electronic stores in general, back of street signs, downtown area's etc.

Additionally I would want to make t-shirts to promote this. Something more subtle that wont look like we're ultra fanboy's(even though we are).
You'd figure if it would come out on PSN and XBL it would be available for sale for quite a long time. Giving us all plenty of time to promote it subtly in our daily lives here and there.

Also since I would be willing to providing some of these items for everyone, it will cost me. I would be willing to front the initial cost of making a few hundred stickers and some shirts at first to get it started. After that we could maybe open up a store accessible from the main page of the dojo for people to buy these promotional items.
Thoughts?
Any other idea's short of dropping flyers from a chopper?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Re: Promotional marketing idea's for Shenmue HD

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:00 am

Their? THEIR? IT'S FUCKING THERE!!!

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: Birty, Yokosuka Martian
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Axm » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Axm has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, Peter
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Have some really busty girls wear a V neck T shirt so it shows a decent amount of cleavage. On the shirt it says Shenmue and below that it says "Want more? Go to @Giveyuthelicense on twitter" Ok so it's not for the HD remakes but gad damn come on.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby redline » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:56 pm

we could get in contact with computer game shops and see if we can place full size cardboard cutouts of ryo in their stores - that would get people talking.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:51 pm

I would be interested in helping design and distribute stickers. There is a gamestop and exchange across the street from each other at the University I attend, so I could catch people going in and out of the stores. Not sure if it would have much effect as the target audience at my school consists of obnoxious young fucks but hey, worth a shot.

Also, rather than each of us die-hards buying 2 or 3 copies of the game for ourselves, it'd be way cooler to buy the second copy for an unsuspecting potential future Shenmue fan. Not really sure how that would work, though, as I'm not too familiar with current-gen DLC.

With Skies of Arcadia's trademark being renewed, Sega has basically eliminated every game they could possibly re-make (within reason) other than Shenmue. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Toe Jam and Earl 3 HD cropped up before any Shenmue 3 announcement.

FYI, Jet Set Radio is due out on PS3 this monday, and next month I believe for Xbox Live Arcade. At only 10 bucks, it's a steal and will also show some support for Sega. I have a DC copy but it's a bit glitchy now and would love to play through this game again as well as support the cause. I recommend ya'll buy it.

I still think a Shenmue I and II double pack would be more effective, incorporating the wait feature in Shenmue I would help loads (I also think they should trim down the first half of Disc 1 - preserving the value of all of our original copies as well as making the game easier for newbies to get into)
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ziming » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:32 pm

To promote Shenmue HD fans need to reach to various popular Youtube personalities and social networking sites. Gaming specific channels like HappyConsoleGamer or Game Sack can be asked to encourage gamers to play the HD releases. Then there is twitter and Facebook. Think about the amount of information and multimedia is re-tweeted and shared between the two. Get in contact with users on twitter with thousands of followers or those facebook pages with a large number of likes. The key here is to spread information resulting in a trickle-down effect where it effectively increases awareness.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Martin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:35 am

Show people the game, this time.

Martin has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:45 am

Yes that would help. Don't think they ever had tv ads for the game in the UK? All i remember for the XBox version was a page in the official xbox mag.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 am

Get How It Should Have Ended to make a Shenmue animation.

I think you guys will be surprised how many Shenmue fans will crawl out of the woodwork once Shenmue HD is announced.

I will do anything within my power to help.

DoubleO_Ren has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Return to Shenmue