Ys Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
OL wrote: To be honest, I actually wish XSeed never got a hold of the Falcom distribution rights. They had some awesome releases before, but now they're basically doing fuck-all with it.

There haven't been any Ys games since Seven. The 4 remake just came out and I'd imagine we'll get that. I think you're just alittle salty they switched to digital because, I won't lie I am too but they've been doing a better job releasing Falcom stuff then any other company ever. don't believe me? Play some Legend of Heroes on PSP. Bandai even changed the way the game played.

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Between that and the ghetto release of The Last Story that got pushed back to later that week, making fools out of many gamers that went to the store to pick up the game to discover it wasnt there with no explanation as to why. They are just so small, TITS 2 NEEDS to come out, all this hub bub about the Legend of Heroes series, and it all seems to mean nothing to anyone outside of japan because the rest of the world is so far behind in the release of those games, and its kind of difficult to understand why XSEED signed on to making such a mammoth decision like porting over a 5 year old game like TITS with multiple sequels with a continuing story line, releasing the first game, then shying away from doing anything else for distant future. As much as we love XSEED, they are pissing us off too by making promises they cant keep.

as far as I know that was a distribution problem the same thing happened with Tits, here in NY every retailer except gamestop had the game. Tits 2 is MASSSIVE its the main hitch in the road, 3 has alot of story but its nowhere near as long as and neither is zero or even ao. Do you think its a coiniky dink that Falcom announces that a downloadable version of Tits 2 is going to made available in Japan? or that Zero (and possibly ao) are getting Vita remakes? I think things are shaping up it just requires patience.

Henry Spencer wrote:Yeah XSeed have been disappointing this past year. Very little from them coming up that interests me. Ragnarok Odyssey looks decent, I suppose. They seem to bite off more than they can chew, another example of this was Grand Knights History. :/

Grand Knights history wasn't their fault. Remember they aren't developers, if a company breaks the agreement they can't really do much, you should be pointing at Vanillaware.

They've made their share of mistakes but aren't you guys alittle quick to shit on a tiny company that has nearly put itself out of business a few times to get things released over here.
Bluecast wrote: :lol: What you guys demand out of Xseed is the same if you asked Manny and his buddies to develop Grand Theft Auto V alone.
Without Xseed no one would have picked up the Falcom Ys or Tits again. It was Tom that got them. There would not even be an Ys Seven without them. I mean at all.

L-O-L INTERNET

Mr. T :nice!:

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:02 pm

I love XSEED just fine, but regarding TITS, it is their own fault for making an initial announcement that they are going to release TITS 1 and 2 on PSP, and then not doing it. Its there own fault for biting off more than they can chew, hopefully they will learn and not make the same mistake in the future, but even more than all that, hopefully TITS 2 gets released some time soon because I really want the game. You cant deny they have screwed up lately, im not saying they should burn in hell for that, they do excellent localizations of obscure japanese RPGs and other games more power to em, they just need to tighten up around the edges if they ever want to grow, if not they are on an inevitable path to be a distant memory like Working Designs before them. Dont be surprised if they close down at some point, and when that happens, they cant really point the finger much at anyone else but themselves, and that is the hard truth.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:08 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I love XSEED just fine, but regarding TITS, it is their own fault for making an initial announcement that they are going to release TITS 1 and 2 on PSP, and then not doing it. Its there own fault for biting off more than they can chew, hopefully they will learn and not make the same mistake in the future, but even more than all that, hopefully TITS 2 gets released some time soon because I really want the game. You cant deny they have screwed up lately, im not saying they should burn in hell for that, they do excellent localizations of obscure japanese RPGs and other games more power to em, they just need to tighten up around the edges if they ever want to grow, if not they are on an inevitable path to be a distant memory like Working Designs before them. Dont be surprised if they close down at some point, and when that happens, they cant really point the finger much at anyone else but themselves, and that is the hard truth.

Bitter AG is Bitter. Seriously man stop sounding like such a sour puss. For the last year you sound like a spoiled kid not getting ballerina barbie and only got Princess Barbie instead. You refuse to try anything else falcom. You refuse to listen to any reasons because you're bitter. Look I want Earth Seeker translated as much as you want Tits 2 and Xseed showed interest in it also. But I'm not going to pout and eat a worm. I'm thankful at everything Xseed has done even if I don't agree with them 100% of the time. Chillax try some other offerings. Or am I just talking to a brick wall
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:13 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I love XSEED just fine, but regarding TITS, it is their own fault for making an initial announcement that they are going to release TITS 1 and 2 on PSP, and then not doing it. Its there own fault for biting off more than they can chew, hopefully they will learn and not make the same mistake in the future, but even more than all that, hopefully TITS 2 gets released some time soon because I really want the game. You cant deny they have screwed up lately, im not saying they should burn in hell for that, they do excellent localizations of obscure japanese RPGs and other games more power to em, they just need to tighten up around the edges if they ever want to grow, if not they are on an inevitable path to be a distant memory like Working Designs before them. Dont be surprised if they close down at some point, and when that happens, they cant really point the finger much at anyone else but themselves, and that is the hard truth.

They announced it when the PSP market wasn't dead yet (it actually had quite a few titles at the time) and before the vita. At the time they figured they'd have it done you couldn't have predicted the handheld market in the us or how much its changed. They're still releasing PSP games and even Square-Enix won't release stuff like Type-0. Gotta admit they've got balls.

Anyone want to talk about Solatorobo or Half minute hero or retro game master? all games that xseed localized that consumers left em high and dry with. Working designs got screwed for 2 reason, 1 was Sony demanding they put games in series together, 2 was the big special editions. Well Xseed isn't releasing physical games, and they keep picking up games that people hoot and holler that they want but then don't buy.

Again they've made their mistakes but what can we really expect from them?

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Xseed is still doing physical games actually. Just most won't be. Ys still will be. I was told.

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:33 pm

im not really being bitter, I dont hate xseed, but its obvious they have alot of growing to do. Yes I want TITS 2 bad, almost to the point I have a grudge against XSEED for not releasing it yet. You all turned me into this monster by saying I should play TITS and Falcom games, I did and now look at me, I blame Segata! Look what you guys have done to me! I want TITS worse than the air I breathe! I am a mad man I tell you, A MAD MAN!!! :silly:

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:47 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: im not really being bitter, I dont hate xseed, but its obvious they have alot of growing to do. Yes I want TITS 2 bad, almost to the point I have a grudge against XSEED for not releasing it yet. You all turned me into this monster by saying I should play TITS and Falcom games, I did and now look at me, I blame Segata! Look what you guys have done to me! I want TITS worse than the air I breathe! I am a mad man I tell you, A MAD MAN!!! :silly:

It'll get released one way or another either through steam, PSN SOMETHING. I understand your frustration, because as good as tits is, tits 2 is twice as good.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Dammit Segata dont tell me that shit right now, I am already in a huff about it! Jeez...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:01 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Dammit Segata dont tell me that shit right now, I am already in a huff about it! Jeez...

Well lets put it this way, the bombs dropped in Tits 2 are so big that theres still games being made about one of the plot twists in it.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:02 pm

tits sucks. tits 2 is evern worse. What a pile of japanophile bullshit. You dumb fucking nerds need to get a life. Fucking weebos
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:03 pm

](*,)

XSEED needs to... HURRY UP DAMMIT! >___<;;
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:14 pm

I am smirking, yes smirking am I, for I have joy,JOY! at the pain that i am inflicting on AG, yes much pain which is DELICIOUS!
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I am smirking, yes smirking am I, for I have joy,JOY! at the pain that i am inflicting on AG, yes much pain which is DELICIOUS!

Call of Duty is the best game ever. Rent a Hero is the worst....That's the best I can come up with to torture you. It's not working :sad:

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I am smirking, yes smirking am I, for I have joy,JOY! at the pain that i am inflicting on AG, yes much pain which is DELICIOUS!

die and burn in the firey pits of hades, you warthog faced bafoon.
if you can name the movie reference from that last part, you win! (its easy...)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:41 am

Nah you got me lol
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III