Final Fantasy

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy

Postby Tuffty » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:32 pm

This is pretty cool, someone is recereating FFVII in Little Big Planet 2.

Jamie Colliver spent six months of his free time painstakingly recreating the revered JRPG using the malleable LBP2 tool set. The work spans 20 levels and covers all conversations, soundtracks, characters, bosses and enemies. Even the battle system has been recreated.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 pm

I'm just going to say I have been playing FFXIII for about 6 months now. I still haven't finished the damn game. IMO it is a horrible final fantasy game, but I am determined to play it to the end.

When I first got my PS3 I brought FFIX off of PSN and I love the crap out of that game, but I want to finish FFXIII before I continue playing FFIX. At the rate that I am playing FFXIII right now, I probably wont get to FFIX till mid 2013.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Part of 15 things gamers never say
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Thief » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:26 pm

I can really relate to this one.

Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:37 pm

^ mario party? lol
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:21 am

These extensive comments about FF are unnsecessary. The series died when people who were making it left Square, as simple as that. You can't make FF just because you have Nomura.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:11 am

So yeah, this is what Hiroyuki Ito has been doing for the past five years:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/smart/gc/en/index.html

:/
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:37 am

Henry Spencer wrote: So yeah, this is what Hiroyuki Ito has been doing for the past five years:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/smart/gc/en/index.html

:/

The saddest part being, that still looks more fun than the saga of Lightning...
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:44 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:50 pm

So I crashed my car last night and with no way of getting anywhere, and no work to do I decided today would be a day to sit down and catch up on every video game I have.

I am stuck on the second barthandelus encounter right now and he is kicking my ass. I got his health down extremely low and then he did a bullshit attack that killed the party leader. I fucking hate the mechanic that you lose the fight when your party leader dies. Why cant they just give the player control of the the next character in the party? Freaking stupid.

I was so pissed I decided to put this game I don't even really like down and start back playing FFIX. Holy crap, it is such a refreshing change. I actually get to explore? There are sidequests? NPCs to talk to? So this is what final fantasy used to be like, I have long forgotten. Too bad my game save is like 13 hours in the game and I have no idea wtf is going on. That is only thing I like about FFXIII, the journal they keep of the places you have been and the summary of each chapter.

Mr. Frozen has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Mr. Frozen wrote: So I crashed my car last night and with no way of getting anywhere, and no work to do I decided today would be a day to sit down and catch up on every video game I have.

I am stuck on the second barthandelus encounter right now and he is kicking my ass. I got his health down extremely low and then he did a bullshit attack that killed the party leader. I fucking hate the mechanic that you lose the fight when your party leader dies. Why cant they just give the player control of the the next character in the party? Freaking stupid.

I was so pissed I decided to put this game I don't even really like down and start back playing FFIX. Holy crap, it is such a refreshing change. I actually get to explore? There are sidequests? NPCs to talk to? So this is what final fantasy used to be like, I have long forgotten. Too bad my game save is like 13 hours in the game and I have no idea wtf is going on. That is only thing I like about FFXIII, the journal they keep of the places you have been and the summary of each chapter.
If you ever get a chance try The last Story & Lost Odyssey. Since it's from the creator of Final Fantasy you will get those feelings again in current gen games :)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Akitoshi Kawazu and Hiroyuki Ito both come out of hiding for an interview with Jeremy Parish, head of 1UP.

1UP Editor wrote:Had interesting interviews with Hiroyuki Ito and Akitoshi Kawazu. Kawazu's best quote: "I made it, so it was, you know, eclectic."

Like with Yoshiki Okamoto, it's good to see they're actually still around (and alive). Kinda coincidental that so many Japanese devs that have disappeared for so long are suddenly reappearing again.
Now all I need to see is Yoko Taro, Kazuma Kaneko and Koji Okada to come out of hiding too and it'll be more than a coincidence.
:|
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:56 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12NpQD57EMA[/youtube]

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/31/fi ... -and-more/

Do fucking want! Its... beautiful... ;______;
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:07 pm

The whole 25 years thing just takes me back to 2000. I though shit was gunna be great. We used to dream about final Fantasy 10 and beyond.

It almost feels like that part in Sonic generations where sonic says "you're future is gunna be great" and it pans past the 2006 and unleashed logos.

You know, I never really liked X, and as the years go on I've just come to hate it.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Tuffty » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:37 am

Doesn't mean much to me seeing as I never played it, but the servers for FFXIV shut down in preparation for the reboot. They put out a movie for it too, tieing it to an end of world event.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM[/youtube]
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming