Square and Enix RPG's(anything outside Final Fantasy)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Square and Enix RPG's(anything outside Final Fantasy)

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:34 pm

Hopefully they will pull out all the stops again, when and if 3 comes out. Square needs to do something big for TGS I wonder when there conference is?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:39 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Hopefully they will pull out all the stops again, when and if 3 comes out. Square needs to do something big for TGS I wonder when there conference is?

Square putting effort into something? It's not the 90's anymore. SS is dead SE took over
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:45 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Hopefully they will pull out all the stops again, when and if 3 comes out. Square needs to do something big for TGS I wonder when there conference is?

I dunno I'm kinda out of the loop with whats going on in Tokyo right now.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:06 am

Kingdom Hearts 3D had all the original voice actors I don't get what your on about. As for KH:COM it's not a retelling at all. One part that does suck is that 358/2 Days is only HD cut scenes.

I'll get it simply because we never got Re:CoM here in the UK. I've never really thought Kingdom Hearts needed a HD update simply because the graphics are very cartoony so haven't aged as much as other games.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:46 am

Riku Rose wrote: Kingdom Hearts 3D had all the original voice actors I don't get what your on about. As for KH:COM it's not a retelling at all. One part that does suck is that 358/2 Days is only HD cut scenes.

I'll get it simply because we never got Re:CoM here in the UK. I've never really thought Kingdom Hearts needed a HD update simply because the graphics are very cartoony so haven't aged as much as other games.

wow, you're completely right, the main 4 are the same in 3d they just sound really different between battle and cutscene.

Still though how is chain of Memories not a retelling? Its the same game in reverse, they're forgetting what happened in 1.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:02 am

I just wanted to rant about Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX.

Come the fuck on, SE! No KH2: FM, no Re:Coded and only a set of movies from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days?

When will we get Kingdom Hearts HD II.7 Re-ReMIX? #-o
I'm actually glad that they're doing KHHD at all.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Still though how is chain of Memories not a retelling? Its the same game in reverse, they're forgetting what happened in 1.

Some of the Disney worlds have the same story but they have a new game play style which makes it very different. All the sections in the castle have nothing to do with the last game and are it's own thing. Off the top of my head the only worlds I remember being the same is Alice in Wonderland (Which KH needs to stop using) and Nightmare Before Christmas. The other worlds from what I remember where the same worlds but I don't remember the story being the same.

As for not including the other games they will most likely do another collection including KH2, BBS and the cut scenes from 3D. A collection of 4 games and all the cut scenes from another is quite a lot for $60 or whatever it is they charge in the US.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xYDcekBaNM[/youtube]

If you really want subtitles click captions.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:54 pm

So is 1.5 KH1, Final Mix plus even more new content? or just an HD remake of Final Mix? Either way, we can only hope it will come out abroad.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:10 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: So is 1.5 KH1, Final Mix plus even more new content? or just an HD remake of Final Mix? Either way, we can only hope it will come out abroad.

It's Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Re:Chain of Memories in HD+cinematics from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Basically, the PS2 KH games expect for KH2 plus some avi files. Obviously, there's going to be a second KHHD collection with Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and Dream Drop Distance. Wait, it's SE so it's not obvious. They may actually fuck it all up. But let's hope they won't. Nomura caring and all.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Thief » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:50 pm

^Yeah probably Kingdom Hearts 2.5 with Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Birth By Sleep Final Mix, and scenes from Dream Drop Distance. All leading up to the announcement of Kingdom Hearts 3... I hope.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Dorian wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: So is 1.5 KH1, Final Mix plus even more new content? or just an HD remake of Final Mix? Either way, we can only hope it will come out abroad.

It's Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Re:Chain of Memories in HD+cinematics from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Basically, the PS2 KH games expect for KH2 plus some avi files. Obviously, there's going to be a second KHHD collection with Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and Dream Drop Distance. Wait, it's SE so it's not obvious. They may actually fuck it all up. But let's hope they won't. Nomura caring and all.

so the full game of 358/2 days wont be in this set? :/
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:32 pm

^ 358/2 is super boring anyway... there are only a few "types" of missions that just replay over and over again, and the story isn't nearly interesting enough for me to really care. Glad I played it though because it really made me laugh at the end.

but... who am I going to eat ice cream with?!
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:34 am

LAMEWAD wrote: ^Yeah probably Kingdom Hearts 2.5 with Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Birth By Sleep Final Mix, and scenes from Dream Drop Distance. All leading up to the announcement of Kingdom Hearts 3... I hope.

If they didn't remake 358/2 Days, then why would they remake BBS? Remaking DDD is a far better idea because they would have the opportunity to fix the crap from the 3DS original. Plus, it makes far more sense to remake a sequel to KH2 in KHHD II.5 (or whatever it's going to be called) than to remake a prequel to the first KH. If they were to remake BBS, they would do it for KHHD I.5. But hey, this is Square Enix so no logic should be applied.
Developing games at Square Enix:

Dorian has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming