RPG's thoughts/news doesn't fit elsewhere

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: RPG's( NOT Falcom,Square,Bethesda,Bioware)

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:02 pm

CD Prejekt Cyberpunk 2077
http://cyberpunk.net/

Bluecast has received a thanks from: KiBa
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Its over, its finally all over. I beat Xenoblade today. Some aspects of the ending were meh, and I understand many of dorians points now. But on the collective I still must say this game is legendary, and I have never played anything quite like it. Its mainly the size content and customization that make this game shine, because all of those aspects are on steroids. And with a good to above average story and characters, spectacular art direction and aesthetics, it really is a fine wine in the genre. Also, its a Takahashi game through and through, he has little aspects that make his games his own and you can tell usually mechs, religious philosophy, gods and creators, legendary ancient weapons, and as I suspected his most "complete" game that he has made, there arent nearly as many strings left hanging after this one as compared to Gears/Saga, I am sure he is very proud of that.

I know I posted about this game long before it came out and long after it was released, but I am glad to say I have beaten my most anticipated game of this year, and I sucked every morsel I could out of this game. And it was so much more than I thought it was going to be, but then again you dont really understand the ride you are about to experience, until you experience it, with this one. Nothing can really prepare you for this game, you just have to play it for yourself. You dont understand how big it is, how much content there is etc. until you play it start to finish, while many other JRPGs are very predictable before you put in the game disc you know what you are getting yourself into more or less, this one breaks through that confinement and pushes the genre forward, bravo Monolith, you have done it.

Not real sure how I am gonna react to not playing it anymore, the Xenocrack epidemic is finally over for AG after 190 hours :P

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, KiBa
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:38 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Its over, its finally all over. I beat Xenoblade today. Some aspects of the ending were meh, and I understand many of dorians points now. But on the collective I still must say this game is legendary, and I have never played anything quite like it. Its mainly the size content and customization that make this game shine, because all of those aspects are on steroids. And with a good to above average story and characters, spectacular art direction and aesthetics, it really is a fine wine in the genre. Also, its a Takahashi game through and through, he has little aspects that make his games his own and you can tell usually mechs, religious philosophy, gods and creators, legendary ancient weapons, and as I suspected his most "complete" game that he has made, there arent nearly as many strings left hanging after this one as compared to Gears/Saga, I am sure he is very proud of that.

I know I posted about this game long before it came out and long after it was released, but I am glad to say I have beaten my most anticipated game of this year, and I sucked every morsel I could out of this game. And it was so much more than I thought it was going to be, but then again you dont really understand the ride you are about to experience, until you experience it, with this one. Nothing can really prepare you for this game, you just have to play it for yourself. You dont understand how big it is, how much content there is etc. until you play it start to finish, while many other JRPGs are very predictable before you put in the game disc you know what you are getting yourself into more or less, this one breaks through that confinement and pushes the genre forward, bravo Monolith, you have done it.

Not real sure how I am gonna react to not playing it anymore, the Xenocrack epidemic is finally over for AG after 190 hours :P

Now play The Last Story.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:16 am

Its next on the list. I need to softmod my Wii though and DL TLS so I dont have to open my North American version and just play through an HD loader with my 500GB external hard drive. Yes I never opened it...
you surprised? :lol:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:25 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Its next on the list. I need to softmod my Wii though and DL TLS so I dont have to open my North American version and just play through an HD loader with my 500GB external hard drive. Yes I never opened it...
you surprised? :lol:

Just open it. It's not going to be worth shit. PAL version is barley worth anything. No one cares enough to put the game in demand to ever drive higher prices and besides you don't sell anway so it's retarded to keep something sealed for value when you never sell.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Ok so I started TLS, I am doing odd end things in the first city, and its pretty darn big which I am liking. The first little dungeon mission thing lets you get a small taste for the battle system which I think I am going to like once i get the hang of it. I am kind of sad that is my first Mistwalker game, but i havent had a 360 so there is no way I could have played any of their other games, hopefully this game will start my relationship with them with a bang.

Also the prank bananas I can already tell will be full of lulz.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:15 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/05/ta ... -complete/

Xillia English Voice work is done. I am looking forward to this one, game looks awesome. I still need to get Graces F though.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:45 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/05/ta ... -complete/

Xillia English Voice work is done. I am looking forward to this one, game looks awesome. I still need to get Graces F though.

Graces F looks terrible so I am waiting for the price to drop considerably.

I will give the Tales Series one more chance and the other one on PS2. However so far I can't help but hate this series. Hate the cliche style and the cliche average gameplay. Cliche stories. Series just keeps pisses me off how boring and average it is. So far I have played TOS,TOS2,TOL
:???:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:05 am

from what i understand the series is spiratic sometimes its really bad then sometimes its epicly good. Xillia, for one looks like it might actually be epicly good. I liked the way the battle system was looking in Graces F, I would still like to check it out at some point, and Vesperia.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:29 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/08/vagra ... s-level-5/

Vagrant Story Creator has left Level 5

Bluecast has received a thanks from: KiBa
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Re: RPG's thoughts/news doesn't fit elsewhere

Postby OL » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Didn't even realize he was with them.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby KiBa » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:27 am

Neither did I. Thanks for update, Blue. I love Vagrant Story.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:37 pm

what is this? Fill your signature with random quotes from me season? I guess I might as well just face it. I am really quotable. Congratulations on the sexy signatures guys, your welcome. 8)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:22 am

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store ... ite-Witch-–-Wizards-Edition-Club-Namco-Exclusive.html

So it seems the pre-order button for the wizards edition has just disappeared... it says price and thats all. wtf. Also noticed that the Ninostarter site is messed up too, its like not there anymore.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:11 am

After a certain point, they just stopped updating the ninostarter site. But they had still added in a couple of extras into the package, neither of which ever showed up on their store listing for the Wizard's Edition.
I think they'll still be included, they've just been lazy about updating the info.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming