Assassins Creed Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Postby Spokane » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:36 pm

:lol: Yeah, ACII is the only game I have got a platinum in and it was with one playthrough.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:15 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: I found this funny coming from a Ubisoft dev. Hell the AC games are easy.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/36 ... easy-mode/

While the producer for notoriously difficult RPG Dark Souls is considering an "Easy Mode" in the series' next game, Assassin's Creed 3 lead designer Alex Hutchinson has spoken out against easy games.

Speaking to Edge Hutchinson goes so far as to say he believes easy modes are "ruining" games.
"A lot of games have been ruined by easy modes," he said. "If you have a cover shooter and you switch it to easy and you don't haave to use cover, you kind of broke your game."

He continues: "It's like if I picked up a book and it said 'Do you want the easy version or the complicated version?' [Game designers] can simplify the language, you know; we can make it two syllables."

For those afraid Assassin's Creed 3 will considerably up the difficulty level, rest assured that balance is crucial for the team. "We're not trying to make a brutally difficult game, so we go through all the playtest data and make sure it works."
I have no played DS but all this talk about being hard is either true or people forget how hard games used to be. From Software always made challenging games. However go play Some Battletoads and tell me what's hard.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:22 pm

I have no problem with games having an easy mode what i hate is games made easy from the start.

Its also still funny to see someone from Ubisoft moaning about easy games.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:04 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZIrWCOUOFI[/youtube]

Who Really Cares? has received 2 thanks from: OL, Tuffty
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:55 pm

Ubisoft revealed their plans for AC3's DLC and it sounds great. An alternative, 'what if' scenario sounds way more interesting than any of their previous single player DLC.

Other than reading reviews and maybe a few video previews, I'm officially on AC3 media lockdown. I want to go in fresh as possible, because it's reaching that point where there's getting to be too many previews. Dad told me that he would see if 'Santa' could bring it for me. Which is nice, except I have to now wait til Christmas to play it. Gotta avoid all spoilers til then, even in this thread haha

Tuffty has received 2 thanks from: Axm, OL
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:11 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcVyNS1jZro[/youtube]

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Tuffty
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Tuffty wrote: Ubisoft revealed their plans for AC3's DLC and it sounds great. An alternative, 'what if' scenario sounds way more interesting than any of their previous single player DLC.

That definitely is interesting. Only problem, to me, is that it makes absolutely no sense from a historical standpoint. Pretty much the entire point of the colonies having a revolution to begin with was to get away from monarchical governements.
I know, it's AC, it tells alternate history anyway... just the idea of a King Washington is insanely far-fetched. I prefer my alt-history stories to have some semblance of possibility to them.

It's just nitpicking though. In context with the AC storyline, he could probably get to that position with a Piece of Eden. I'm just glad to hear it's simply an alternate story bit of DLC, since when I first saw the accompanying picture a couple days ago, I thought it might have been from the main game.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:55 pm

^ I can understand where you're coming from, I'm just of the notion that if it's an alterative story, then they can just go crazy with it. Hell, go completely batshit crazy and have Washington be one of the ones who came before, I don't mind. They can make up some notion that the piece of eden corrupts Washington's mind (something it is prone to do after all) and the gives in. Again, don't really mind so long as the actual game part of it is interesting to play.

That trailer was stunning. Shut up and take my money!!!

Tuffty has received a thanks from: OL
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tuffty » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:40 am

Some footage, supposedly from the retail version, got out and it's causing quite a bit of an uproar around those watching as it reveals some obvious glitches and bugs (doesn't help that the player isn't that great at combat either)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4szviFLf1g[/youtube]

The argument is that a game that took 3 years in development with a team of hundreds working on it is still being released with bugs. But it doesn't appear to be gamebreaking, in fact it seems nothing a day one patch won't fix.

Some hunting gameplay as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbOJQ5elcYU[/youtube]
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:09 am

Looks solid to me. Granted, I had to skip through them a bunch (don't have time to watch straight through at the moment), but what glitches are people bitching about?
It looks at least as technically sound as AC2, from what I'm seeing.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:16 pm

In the first video, the two most noticeable moments are at 3:42 (where Connor goes for a double assassination from a building and manages to clip through part of a building to do it when he should have landed on it) and at 8:07 (where Connor kills a man and then the engine kinda craps out and teleports him off camera where his character model is stretched to unnatural proportions and spins in mid air :lol:). Some minor ones in the second video like a wolf corpse floating off the ground.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:17 pm

Image Image Image

From people that have it,

Much easier than past games, health regen replaced doctors and medicine, and you can easily take down armies by spamming attack. AI is also apparently bad in stealth sections and to climb now you simply have to hold RT [360 version]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Calshot » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:17 pm

^
Damn, Ezio could have saved alot of money on parachutes if he just learned to flap his arms.

Calshot has received a thanks from: Tuffty
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Reminds me of Brotherhood. I remember flying so high that Rome just became a dot. I've still got the video on my phone.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby OL » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:54 pm

:shock:
Is that even a glitch? Almost looks intentional. :lol:
OL