Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:50 pm

The funny thing is people complain about the games Rare have released under MS. From what Ive read all but Kinect Sports were in development before MS bought them.
MS didn't tell Rare to make Banjo Nuts & Bolts they decided that them selves [and its damn good] and the ending gave a nod to another game with Kazooie getting her moves back. I still love the fact that a Developer took a chance with their IP rather than just release the same thing over and over and it defiantly deserved better sales.

Also why would people care if Nintendo owned Rare again seeing as some say all the talent has left the studio? And according to a few comments on that page Nintendo were never actually fans of the Banjo series?

Also Rare are working on multiple AAA projects. I doubt a Kinect game would need a AAA budget

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... e-releases

Would prefer action/adventure or FPS experience.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:58 pm

More people(mainly the founders and a main composer) left Rare after MS bought them and complained how piss poor MS was at managing.Like it or not MS destroyed what was left of Rare. Doesn't matter really. There is an entire library in the 90's for people to enjoy from Rareware. Just because they are crap now doesn't take away from the great games they had in the 90's
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Thief » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:04 pm

The only reason I want rare back with Nintendo is because of Banjo, and I imagine Nintendo would fully support a 3D platformer Banjo-Kazooie. Even if Rare isn't the developer, I'm sure there are plenty of people who are capable of making a good Banjo game.

Believe me, I was there when gamestop opened for Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, and the employee looked at me like I was retarded and said, "You know, the shipment doesn't come in until noon... so come back later...". The game is good but a huge departure from the rest of the series, and not what I would have preferred.

Banjo-Threeie is up there with Mega Man Legends 3, Chrono Break, and even Shenmue 3 for my most wanted games. If Nintendo can make it happen then I would be all for it. Of course, I've been talking as if this rumor isn't complete shit but whatever, :P

I'm not so much concerned about Rare but their IPs... and really only Banjo.

Thief has received a thanks from: Yukupo
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:08 pm

:sad: I want a Jet Froce Gemini 2
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:07 pm

Rare mentioned what the original plan for Banjo Threeie was and it sounded very unoriginal [same levels as Banjo Kazooie just with the odd twist now and then] and Gregg Mayles called it stale.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:16 pm

If the 3rd Banjo was released 2-3 years after the second something new would be very welcome...as long as it was not nuts & bolts. After 10 years people just want a platformer in modern visuals.

Tho to be fair after 8 years Nintendo turned Metroid First Person and it paid off. A new idea can be fine as long as it works. N & B just got it wrong esp when it was supposed to be a platormer originally but changed part way into development. So it was really a slapped together mix
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:19 pm

Ryudo wrote: If the 3rd Banjo was released 2-3 years after the second something new would be very welcome...as long as it was not nuts & bolts. After 10 years people just want a platformer in modern visuals.

Tho to be fair after 8 years Nintendo turned Metroid First Person and it paid off. A new idea can be fine as long as it works. N & B just got it wrong esp when it was supposed to be a platormer originally but changed part way into development. So it was really a slapped together mix

speaking of metroid, which one on wii is the good one?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:22 pm

south carmain wrote:
Ryudo wrote: If the 3rd Banjo was released 2-3 years after the second something new would be very welcome...as long as it was not nuts & bolts. After 10 years people just want a platformer in modern visuals.

M gets a bad rep but really is a good game. Story is actually decent it's just that if people have not played every game in the series and know all the lore. Then they miss out on a lot. It's the Voice Acting and lack of art design that is the real weakness. Might have been much better if they released it at the same time as Fusion in 2002

That said Prime 3 is my fave.

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr., south carmain
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Ryudo wrote:
south carmain wrote:

M gets a bad rep but really is a good game. Story is actually decent it's just that if people have not played every game in the series and know all the lore. Then they miss out on a lot. It's the Voice Acting and lack of art design that is the real weakness. Might have been much better if they released it at the same time as Fusion in 2002

That said Prime 3 is my fave.

I'll be completely lost then since I know nothing of the metroid universe :-k
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Epic have seen the new XBox and PS specs...Not powerful enough in their eyes as they want Avatar type graphics. Maybe they should focus on gameplay now.

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/05/21/e ... ul-enough/
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:31 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Epic have seen the new XBox and PS specs...Not powerful enough in their eyes as they want Avatar type graphics. Maybe they should focus on gameplay now.

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/05/21/e ... ul-enough/

"because I want it and gamers want it – even if they don’t know they want it.
stop deciding what I want

south carmain has received a thanks from: Bluecast
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Remember when Neo Geo games cost 200-300$ new in the 90's. Raise your hand if you like paying 500-1000$ to buy a game! ..oh and another 20 grand to buy something that can use it. No one? Really...huh odd
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:05 pm

Kenshiro paid those prices until he liked it, damnit! :lol:

On an unrelated note, Dungeon Siege 3 for $10 out the door, if anyone wants it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6874165014
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:08 pm

I think of the people who would be interested 1, will never get around to playing it, 1 will use it to pad a shelf and 1 already has it and hates it.

A very good deal tho.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:16 pm

I liked the demo and DSIII is on my want list. Just at this moment I want to watch my wallet. It's getting kinda thin
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming