Team Yu needs you!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Team Yu needs you!

Postby Bluecast » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Nice attitude Ryudo.

Where did I say that's me? I was just stating many reasons why many have not contributed..

I just personally never use twitter.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:31 pm

Fair enough then.

On that note however, if you did want to help (...), then it takes just seconds to create a Twitter account and you need never use it for anything else. A lot of people were in the same position as you, till they decided to make an account just for the Tweetathon.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Bluecast » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:18 pm

I have had an account since 2008. I have a second account for my site but since that site is a bust I never use that either :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby KiBa » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:13 am

It ain't no bust. I post every month. I envision it as the Dojo's bathroom. We kind of stand there in line, talking, before returning to the bar. It's cool.

KiBa has received a thanks from: lavrentis
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:13 am

With still no response on this matter from Dojo management (through other channels as well as here), it's been suggested to me that I highlight the promotional benefits that the site stands to gain by officially supporting the Tweetathon.

I know it's the "#1 fan site" and most dedicated fans probably know about the site already, but since a lot of our focus is on reaching the casuals on the fringe of Shenmue fandom, the Tweetathon campaign can still introduce the Dojo's name to new visitors. The groups currently backing the event regularly credit each other as co-promoters on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, and the Dojo can get in on that.

It makes me sad to have to frame it this way, because the desire for Shenmue 3, and to represent and support those fans who are trying to make it happen in a new way, should really be enough motivation for Dojo management to lend their effortless endorsement. But here we are.

Once again I invite any questions or general communication from those responsible for the Dojo's official outlets.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:11 pm

FAO: Dojo management... again.

Shenmue fans have adopted the word UNITY for you, in the hope that you'll remember what it means. The proceeds have gone to a charity that helps speechless children learn to communicate...

http://teamyu.net/dojounity.jpg

http://adoptaword.com/search-results.php?word=unity

If you decide you'd like to start representing a fanbase that's actively campaigning for this series - the name on the Dojo's marquee - then please do. It's not difficult or time consuming at all, that's the key to its continued growth, but I'm only too happy to help you get started if you have questions.

Otherwise, if Yama didn't mean these words and Ziming's finger slipped when he thanked this post, then I'll concede I'm wasting my time. But I feel those on the Dojo who support the Tweetathon deserve support in turn from the leaders of the website they inhabit and contribute to. That's what a community does.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:19 pm

I do agree we should all contribute to the Tweetathon. I know we're all cynical here since we've been witness to numerous campaigns in the past, but we should still do anything we can to have our voices heard. This is the Shenmue Dojo after all. It takes little effort to tweet as well so I don't see the issue here.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby mue 26 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:56 pm

At the very least, could we please get a response from the Dojo management? We've been banging on about this for quite some time...and I'm still unsure as to why the people that run this site choose to completely ignore the only currently relevant and organised Shenmue campaign. Especially as we've also seemingly recieved a few mixed signals too. Can we just have an open discussion and clear the air?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Just straight up blanked ya know...*sucks teeth* are we not worthy of a reply?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SlySpy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:54 am

mue 26 wrote: Just straight up blanked ya know...*sucks teeth* are we not worthy of a reply?

You have to understand that the people who you're dealing with here are very jaded about things like this, having been through the inception and the conclusion of many campaigns in the past. If you really want to push this, then you'll have to exercise some patience and diligence. If you keep this campaign going long enough, maybe the management will begin to acknowledge you more. Just realize that if people are reluctant to aid you guys, there is a reason for it.

The other thing though, is that you have to account for the fact that these people aren't always going to be online, or even noticing what you guys are doing at the time. Again, be patient and keep doing your thing as long as you continue to believe in it.
SlySpy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:16 pm

All perfectly valid comments, SlySpy, but a few things to note:

1) Team Yu began last January and the Tweetathon has been growing since March, so it's not a new flash-in-the-pan campaign. Dojo management are aware of at least some of the industry/media attention it has received.

2) Even if Dojo management are so jaded that they can't spare the few seconds it would take to support the campaign, an explanation would be appreciated, particularly of why they made the right noises in the All-Stars thread if they don't care to back it up (should that happen to be the case). All anybody's asked for is the chance to at least discuss it, and if that involves hearing the words "we're tired of fighting for Shenmue 3," then so be it. At least it would be an answer.

3) In addition to this thread in the on-topic section of the Dojo's own forum, I have been contacting the Dojo's Twitter account (to no response, despite subsequent usage of said account), and pinned a topic in the Shenmue500K Facebook group where Ziming is an admin - and at that same point, he stopped circulating his newer videos there. Hopefully a coincidence, but you can understand how the overall impression can become frustrating.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:13 am

I really feel this is quite ridiculous. In fact I feel slightly offended that we're being blatantly ignored like this. You don't want to support the campaign? That's fine, we're not children, we'll just move on, but can you please at least give us an answer and explain why you have come to that conclusion. This is silly. I know both Yama and Ziming have been online recently, and you haven't been too busy to post in other threads. Man up.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KiBa » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:05 am

What is Team Yu? What is it you seek from the Management?
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:55 am

Team Yu, together with Shenmue 500K, promotes a regular Tweetathon asking fans to express their dissatisfaction with Sega's unwillingness to commit to Shenmue 3 by using the Twitter hashtag #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense on the 3rd of each month.

What we'd like from Dojo management is a response to our requests for them to support the event with the Dojo's official outlets, most specifically the @Shenmue_Dojo account on Twitter.

Ideally of course we'd like them to say "Yes, of course we'll do this. We run a website made by Shenmue fans, for Shenmue fans, and so there's no reason we can't take a few seconds out of our day once a month to help promote the only active and growing campaign for Shenmue 3."

But if they won't to do that, then we'd like them to at lease take responsibility for that decision and explain why.

Hope that covers everything, KiBa.

PS: Just this morning, the ShenmueFans page on Facebook with over 15,000 subscribers agreed to help promote the event, just as they did with the All-Stars contest. That's the kind of unity we're looking for between fansite managers.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: KiBa
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:18 pm

This video might make the situation clearer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzUh4uMfPDo[/youtube]

And I'm leaving the matter there, as far as Dojo management goes. If they want to lend their support, great. If they want to discuss their reservations, great. Either is all I've been asking for, but I'll stop wasting my proverbial breath if I get neither. There are more productive things I can be doing for the campaign, and if the leaders of the web's most established Shenmue fansite won't lift a finger, then I'd darn well better get on and do them, hadn't I?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III