chris86shen
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Syberia

Re: Can anyone tell me what this is?

Postby south carmain » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:17 pm

just speculation about shenmue hd, though this is interesting
Mais à en croire le magazine Play UK, on devrait retrouver Ryo Hazuki "prochainement". Dans le numéro 226 de son magazine, Play UK répond à un fan de Shenmue :

magazine "play uk" responded to a fan saying ryo hazuki will be present in their futre release "magazine number 226"
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby chris86shen » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:22 pm

thanks. I just found out Syberia 3 was announced so I thought what the hell, let's give my favorite Google search another go. Only recent thing to come up not in English of course.
chris86shen
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Syberia

Postby south carmain » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:24 pm

chris86shen wrote: thanks. I just found out Syberia 3 was announced so I thought what the hell, let's give my favorite Google search another go. Only recent thing to come up not in English of course.

no problem, I'll look out for the magazine just in case
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby mue 26 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:32 pm

south carmain wrote: just speculation about shenmue hd, though this is interesting
Mais à en croire le magazine Play UK, on devrait retrouver Ryo Hazuki "prochainement". Dans le numéro 226 de son magazine, Play UK répond à un fan de Shenmue :

magazine "play uk" responded to a fan saying ryo hazuki will be present in their futre release "magazine number 226"

Oh yeah I forgot you speak French. You sure your not Gboy? I swear he speaks French too...I'm getting suspicious again *puts Sherlock Holmes hat back on* :P
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:36 pm

mue 26 wrote:
south carmain wrote: just speculation about shenmue hd, though this is interesting

Oh yeah I forgot you speak French. You sure your not Gboy? I swear he speaks French too...I'm getting suspicious again *puts Sherlock Holmes hat back on* :P

never knew we had any other Francophone members here, I guess that is a weird coincidence :-s
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby mue 26 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:56 pm

There are a lot of weird parallels between you and ol Gangsta Boy .... Hmm *lights Sherlock Holmes pipe* :P
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Nankeiro » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:35 am

I really hope this... news, i think, to be the beginning of something good!

Oh! And thanks for the translation.
Nankeiro
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:14 am

It's non-news.

What it says is that in issue 226, which is out now, they said that: "SEGA is gradually remaking their previous gen games, and the Shenmue games are naturally on top of everyone's list, including ours (the magazine's). We're looking forward to see Ryo again, and we predict we'll see him again in 2013".

I mean, sure, anyone can say that. Rubbish piece of article.

Vyse Hazuky has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, Nankeiro
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby mue 26 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:40 pm

"we predict we'll see him in 2013"...what a bunch of twits...
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:17 pm

It's a risk-free prediction to make, because by the time 2014 arrives, nobody will remember or care what they said in December 2012 - unless Shenmue HD happens and the magazine runs a "we told you so" piece. They're certainly not going to draw attention to it otherwise.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:32 am

I mean, the british magazine are fine in the way that they had to answer something to the reader who asked them that. But for a french website to hop on to it like it had any sort of relevance is completely baffling.

Vyse Hazuky has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby givemeshenmue3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:51 am

Shenmue 1 and 2 hd versions were reported to be coming to xbox live this year and that it might bring shenmue 3 with it as a dlc content is cheaper to publish than physical media as you are not holding physical media in warehouses.I read some where that shenmue was already written but not manufactured.
givemeshenmue3
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:24 am

givemeshenmue3 wrote: Shenmue 1 and 2 hd versions were reported to be coming to xbox live this year and that it might bring shenmue 3 with it as a dlc content is cheaper to publish than physical media as you are not holding physical media in warehouses.I read some where that shenmue was already written but not manufactured.

All that's been reported are rumors and speculation. Sega brand manager (a/k/a PR rep) Ben Harborne was asked during an interview about the newly announced Jet Set Radio HD whether fans should keep asking for HD remakes of their favorite Dreamcast games, to which Ben acknowledged that Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia were two of the most requested games from that era, but he couldn't confirm whether either would be released. The Internet subsequently exploded with hype about a Shenmue HD release that hadn't even been announced.

Since then, some anonymous poster on troll-friendly forum 4chan has claimed to be a Sega worker with the inside scoop on Shenmue HD, insisting that it's on course for release. A suspiciously lower-tier games website has also run a story based on what they claim are comments from an "anonymous Sega employee" who allegedly said Shenmue 1 & 2 had been ready in HD for over a year awaiting a decision on the future of Shenmue 3 before they would be released. Neither of these sources have or can ever be verified (conveniently enough).

So all we can do is speculate and hope, as there has never been any concrete news about the existence of Shenmue HD. Any apparent "confirmation" you've read has just been the result of a series of Chinese whispers, rather than Japanese announcements.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Return to Shenmue