Shenmue II Xbox 360

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Shenmue II Xbox 360

Postby Spokane » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:Kind of regretting selling my DC as soon as Shenmue HD rumours started. Didn't know it would take so long..

Ouch.. I feel your pain. Why did you have to be so stupid :P ?
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Sonikku wrote:Both my DC and Xbox are on the fritz, so the 360 is probably my only option. My Xbox doesn't power on at all after I unpacked after coming home from college and my DC just resets back to the system ui. I guess I could fix the DC at least, if I took it all apart and followed the lengthy repair guide and bent all the pins and stuff. I'm just a bit afraid I'll wreck it worse as it still runs Soul Calibur.

If you need help fixing these issues, I can help you. I also have a spare hacked xbox for sale if you want it.

The DC is relatively easy to fix. The problem sounds like the GDRom drive laser if it cant handle any discs. Can you hear the GDRom drive whining as if it was reading a disc? If it is resetting a lot then its definitely the pins grounding into the power supply.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Spokane wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:Kind of regretting selling my DC as soon as Shenmue HD rumours started. Didn't know it would take so long..

Ouch.. I feel your pain. Why did you have to be so stupid :P ?

It's not me it's stupid Sega who won't take my money!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:07 pm

shengoro86 wrote:
Sonikku wrote:Both my DC and Xbox are on the fritz, so the 360 is probably my only option. My Xbox doesn't power on at all after I unpacked after coming home from college and my DC just resets back to the system ui. I guess I could fix the DC at least, if I took it all apart and followed the lengthy repair guide and bent all the pins and stuff. I'm just a bit afraid I'll wreck it worse as it still runs Soul Calibur.

If you need help fixing these issues, I can help you. I also have a spare hacked xbox for sale if you want it.

The DC is relatively easy to fix. The problem sounds like the GDRom drive laser if it cant handle any discs. Can you hear the GDRom drive whining as if it was reading a disc? If it is resetting a lot then its definitely the pins grounding into the power supply.

You are very kind to offer your help, though I'm probably done with the Xbox. O:) I'll probably fix the DC at some point. I can hear the winning when I try some games, but others seem to work find strangely like soul calibur.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:54 pm

The whining with some games and not others would mean that your laser is most likely going bad which would explain why it is intense enough to read some but not others. Can your DC read burnt discs?

Also, it could be that your discs are scratched, which in this case the laser would whine just because it can not read a certain track.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby we420 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:17 am

I always play Shenmue 2 on my Xbox 360 along with Jet Set Radio Future mainly because my original Xbox is broken.
( It's a new adventure every time i play )
we420
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: silva340
XBL: we420
Currently playing: Yakuza 6/God of War

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:53 am

Ran into two weird issues today on the 360 emu.

I met both Eileen and Izumi but the back area in the Green Market Quarter was bordered off.

I took a snap shot of Gongjue Zhou (the green shirt capsule toy dude found in the beginning of the game and in Kowloon) and the game didn't register the screen shot. He was dead center and not too close to the camera, weird.

The guide says that holding start and back do not exit to the menu.
I can confirm that working on latest emu build and a NTSC USA Slim 360.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:07 am

I met both Eileen and Izumi but the back area in the Green Market Quarter was bordered off.

Don't you need to fight Eileen before it opens?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:57 am

No, it opens after you meet her in Pigeon Park. You need the Bronze Medal before you can access fights, Silver Medal for the Duck Races, then you get Gold to actually play in them. Or you get it by playing in them. Can't remember that one. Either way, you'll find the answer in the Shenmue Secrets FAQ on the main site.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:12 am

Spokane wrote: Yeah, the whole crate carrying thing is ruined by that voice. "How can we make this already mundane job even worse, I got it, hire that dude with the annoying ass gay sounds, you know the guy that imitates the sound of a guy taking it up the butt so well, yeah, him".

i am about to type in caps because i want to yell WHY THE FUCK DOES THE FORKLIFT DROP THE CRATES AT POINT A CAUSING RYO AND DELIN TO CARRY THE CRATES TO POINT B????? WHY DOESNT THE GOD DAMN MOTHA FUCKIN FORKLIFT JUST DROP THE CRATES OFF AT POINT B IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!! FUCKIN PISSES ME OFF!!! NOT TO MENTION "O U ONLY MOVED 6 CRATES AND NOT ALL OF THEM? O WELL FUCK IT GO HOME ITS NOT LIKE WE NEED TO RUN A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS OR ANYTHING" THAT MAKES NO SINCE!!!!!! ok im back to my normal self now :-"

Perfect_Chaos has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Bluecast, MiTT3NZ, shengoro86
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:17 pm

I always wondered that! HAHA. I guess it wouldn't make sense for a mini to make you carry crates across the entire pier.

Shenmue 2 could have also incorporated a bad ass forklift job, but not make it mandatory, like it was in S1.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Previous

Return to Shenmue II