Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Word.

I do love the no-hassle "casual user"-ish nature of the iPad, but for that price? Nah. If I had more money to spend on cool things I'd probably have one, but for me, it costs a bit much for a "novelty" really...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Personally I like the openness of Android. I got a good tablet for less than 200$. Tho the trick there was I got a discontinued Samsung Galaxy 7 plus and just updated to ICS. Specs rarely matter tho on a tablet. My only gripe about android and this is where Apple has maybe an upper hand. Every App almost had annoying ads. Granted they are free but when they interfere with the function of the App like covering a button. Really irritating.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby lavrentis » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm looking to buy Ryo's watch, are they quite rare on eBay. I didn't find on a search. I imagine a few people off here have it, how is it? Is the quality nice?
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:07 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: I dislike Apple myself, but all the hating and complaining just gets old. Same with EA and Activision.

The core issue I have with Apple is that they are toxic. Normally if I don't like a companies product, it's as simple as simply not buying it. But with Apple it goes so much further. Everybody in the industry is trying to replicate their success by replicating the same bull crap. (See the new trend of laptop batteries hard fastened to the machine in previous post) Their kind of proprietary bullshit maneuvers would be fine if it was just them. But they are setting trends for the industry that make all of us consumers the poorer and weaker for it. Their toxic nature has infected consumer electronics in general, regardless as for whether or not they carry their seal.

I get that industries often change to adapt to a pioneer. But Apple is a pioneer of transferring options and power from the many to the few.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Thief » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Sonikku wrote:The core issue I have with Apple

:lol:

Thief has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Bluecast, MiTT3NZ, St. Elmo's Fire
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:11 pm

lavrentis wrote: I'm looking to buy Ryo's watch, are they quite rare on eBay. I didn't find on a search. I imagine a few people off here have it, how is it? Is the quality nice?

Don't recall anyone at the dojo having Ryos watch.Only saw it one time on ebay for $200.Wasn't in the best condition though.If you ever find it,expect to pay big bucks.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sailors? » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Not an apple fanboy here, only own a Macbook pro and an ipod that my mate gave me yonks ago. But I have to say from personal experience on both macs and hi-end pcs and laptops my Macbook outperforms them all in speed and ease of use. Doesn't seem to matter how much ram or crap you shove into a windows pc it still runs like crap. Ofcourse for gaming pcs outperform macs but it's definitely not what I use my mac for.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby lavrentis » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:
lavrentis wrote: I'm looking to buy Ryo's watch, are they quite rare on eBay. I didn't find on a search. I imagine a few people off here have it, how is it? Is the quality nice?

Don't recall anyone at the dojo having Ryos watch.Only saw it one time on ebay for $200.Wasn't in the best condition though.If you ever find it,expect to pay big bucks.

Oh right okay, that's bad news! I thought a few people here had one.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby lavrentis » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Got an exam tomorrow on Ruby on Rails. Who the fuck even uses RoR anymore? Can't believe I am being tested on it, I really do not like the syntax.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Thief wrote:
Sonikku wrote:The core issue I have with Apple

:lol:

Yeah, I planned it that way. Because I'm clever and witty like that.

:sad:

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, mue 26
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Kiba's identity discovered:

mue 26 has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, St. Elmo's Fire
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:06 pm

lavrentis wrote:
Samanosuke Akechi wrote:

Oh right okay, that's bad news! I thought a few people here had one.

Its uber rare.
I had the chance to buy one once. Bid on it, but once the bid went too high I bailed. It's too damn high!

Axm has received a thanks from: mue 26
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:42 pm

@Sonikku: So you hate Apple because of the way that others view them? And you don't find that in any way stupid, naive or hypocritical?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Axm » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 pm

My theory is some people have a fear of conformity. That and also because Apple is a company first and their mommy a far second, they dont like the way they do certain things for profits sake.
Personally I like Apple because alot of their products are very reliable in terms of hardware and software. Their are limitations but that comes with the territory with being more proprietary. Good news is they are very popular and that means more support. (Besides games ofcourse)
Also I like Apple because its an American company. Yes they manufacture in China, but who doesnt. Id rather give my moneys to either a Japanese or American company, not a South Korean one, but thats also because im blatantly racist.

Axm has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:00 pm

Samsung TV's > Everyone else. Seriously no one does screens like Samsung. Why Apple uses them in their products esp iphone. So even giving money to Apple you give money to a Korean company..
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic